Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:47:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] GLBSE drama  (Read 17799 times)
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 02:55:48 PM

My best guess is that nefario is negotiating with Russian or Nigerian online scammers to make a little money selling nice ID packages that can be used by criminals, and was looking to harvest from the GLBSE user base as a lovely parting gift. Nothing about that data gathering exercise was official or designed by anyone who had even the most basic understanding of what official is.

That seems a bit unlikely, IMHO. One hears that in the underbelly of the underground Bitcoin markets (e.g., BMR) this kind of illicit information is selling for about $20-30 per 100 stolen passport scans. Given the sheer volume of user funds that Nefario reportedly already controls, it just does not seem as though he could gain all that much extra runaway money from selling ID scans...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 03:09:11 PM

But what is BMR?

Black Market Reloaded, aka BMR, is to Silk Road what Silk Road is to Bitmit.

That is, one hears that while SR has a self-imposed ethical code for what type of items are permitted to be listed (prohibiting anything immoral by the agorist ethos, e.g. stolen goods or photos of child abuse), BMR has no ethical code whatsoever (anything goes).

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 03:41:35 PM

In my book, no one with an orange ignore button gets to suggest a scammer tag for someone else - the community has spoken about how seriously the OP should be taken.

This is not a matter of trying to build a clique. Get your head out of that ass. Things are what they are, this isn't a popularity contest.

LOL.
You shove your exchange in everyones face at every opportunity you think you can manage and you say you're NOT running a popularity contest?
Bravo on the comic note.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:25:52 PM

My best guess is that nefario is negotiating with Russian or Nigerian online scammers to make a little money selling nice ID packages that can be used by criminals, and was looking to harvest from the GLBSE user base as a lovely parting gift. Nothing about that data gathering exercise was official or designed by anyone who had even the most basic understanding of what official is.

That seems a bit unlikely, IMHO. One hears that in the underbelly of the underground Bitcoin markets (e.g., BMR) this kind of illicit information is selling for about $20-30 per 100 stolen passport scans. Given the sheer volume of user funds that Nefario reportedly already controls, it just does not seem as though he could gain all that much extra runaway money from selling ID scans...

That guy is a troll, ignore him.

But what is BMR?

How, dear Goat, is it trolling in your mind to give you a very straightforward answer to a direct question you posed referencing a post I made? That would in fact be the antithesis of trolling, it is core on-topic advancement of the conversation.

Really, you need to learn how to think before you hit post. You are just making yourself sound that much more stupid.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:56:16 PM

That guy is a troll, ignore him.

But what is BMR?

How, dear Goat, is it trolling in your mind to give you a very straightforward answer to a direct question you posed referencing a post I made? That would in fact be the antithesis of trolling, it is core on-topic advancement of the conversation.

Really, you need to learn how to think before you hit post. You are just making yourself sound that much more stupid.

Loupgaroux you are a troll. Not as good as me. But it's funny because you and Goat are the ones on this side of the "scam" now.

Must feel great eh?  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 08:42:05 PM

Yeah, well when the Titanic sank there were all kinds of different people on board too. Think of me as the band leader that kept them at Waltzing Matilda as the icy waters lapped around me feet, attempting to keep the dead people walking entertained as the end drew near, while Goat was the Sno-cone vendor shouting "Ice Cones, get your unsecured Ice Cones, we love Ice Cones, who needs a tasty Ice Cone?" as he kept knocking holes in the boat.
Dancing Dan

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:53:52 AM

Relevant:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118154.0
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:58:20 PM

Yeah, well when the Titanic sank there were all kinds of different people on board too. Think of me as the band leader that kept them at Waltzing Matilda as the icy waters lapped around me feet, attempting to keep the dead people walking entertained as the end drew near, while Goat was the Sno-cone vendor shouting "Ice Cones, get your unsecured Ice Cones, we love Ice Cones, who needs a tasty Ice Cone?" as he kept knocking holes in the boat.

I was the guy who fell overboard because I thought the iceberg was New York.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:43:28 AM

Who is going to pose nude for Jack Dawson?
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

Pretty much all of the customers of the GLBSE service, because we are all going to end up being the ones screwed by them.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 03:31:51 AM

Pretty much all of the customers of the GLBSE service, because we are all going to end up being the ones screwed by them.

How does it fell to be Nefarios cheer leader after he fucks you in the ass and left you in the gutter?

After a second thought I bet nothing, I bet you are use to it  Wink

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

"feel"
"nefario's"
"cheerleader"
"ass,"
"fucks... and leaves"
"fucked... and has left"
"used"
"it."

Thirty four words and you managed to work 8 glaring errors into your two line post! You have got to be just about the stupidest dipshit in your entire hemisphere. There are first grade Thai children with severe learning disabilities who can communicate in the English language better than you can. Do the world a favor and just be quiet, your mouth-breathing does nothing to advance any discussion.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:46:43 AM

Can Google get the scammer tag for lying to me?

muqali

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:15:42 AM

Thirty four words and you managed to work 8 glaring errors into your two line post! You have got to be just about the stupidest dipshit in your entire hemisphere. There are first grade Thai children with severe learning disabilities who can communicate in the English language better than you can. Do the world a favor and just be quiet, your mouth-breathing does nothing to advance any discussion.

M Garoux,
I would love your permission to use this quote in the future.

donations BTC: 1CaCwo4xneTqTLEdomW76Cg5NteZyvXi1c
donations LTC: LTcasvjtLuN92ks1Pc1qtkvE9PswsXEbev
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:06:41 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2012, 04:52:31 AM by galambo

If only Chaang Noi displayed the level of candor in his business dealings as he has shown in disclosing other's identities.
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:28:18 AM

How does it fell to be Nefarios cheer leader after he fucks you in the ass and left you in the gutter?

After a second thought I bet nothing, I bet you are use to it  Wink

"feel"
"nefario's"
"cheerleader"
"ass,"
"fucks... and leaves"
"fucked... and has left"
"used"
"it."

Thirty four words and you managed to work 8 glaring errors into your two line post! You have got to be just about the stupidest most stupid dipshit in your entire hemisphere. There are first grade Thai children with severe learning disabilities who can communicate in the English language better than you can. Do the world a favor and just be quiet, your mouth-breathing does nothing to advance any discussion.

FTFY.... Kiss

deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:47:43 AM

Thirty four words and you managed to work 8 glaring errors into your two line post! You have got to be just about the stupidest most stupid dipshit in your entire hemisphere. There are first grade Thai children with severe learning disabilities who can communicate in the English language better than you can. Do the world a favor and just be quiet, your mouth-breathing does nothing to advance any discussion.

FTFY.... Kiss

I overlooked the stylistically problematic "thirty four" instead of "thirty-four" and the "8" instead of "eight", but you're correct, we must take a hard line with people who fuck up their posts. :-)

ZERO TOLERENCE TOLERANCE!

FTFY
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:15:12 PM

Strunk & White would disagree with you on the numbering applications, although my usage is considered archaic in most English speaking countries. Hardly a concern as I am anachronistically motivated in the first place. Thirty four must be capitalized because it starts the sentence, and then the case of 8, although normally written out being less than ten, works far better visually in numerical form, as a repetitive series of numbers written out makes for a very boring sentence.  The stupidest/most stupid is purely a regional thing. "The stupidest" is more mainstream, while your well intentioned "most stupid" is for effete Northeastern snobs. It would be akin to "dumbest" or "most dumb".  Which would have made my post sound a lot more dumb is I had gone that way.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:37:13 PM

After a second thought I bet nothing, I bet you are use to it  Wink

"feel"
"nefario's"
"cheerleader"
"ass,"
"fucks... and leaves"
"fucked... and has left"
"used"
"it."

Unable to respond to the question Mike? Not shocked Smiley

I guess this has something to do with your "work" with the feds, Lol

Good luck with that buddy!

Wow Goat, Loup owned you in RED above LOL! Fucking hilarious! ROFL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: