Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of real estate in USA  (Read 837 times)
NiceSoft12 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:34:59 PM

This is very important. USA real estate especially urban and semi suburban is going down big time seems like. But the Chinese don't care, as they are still buying up land like it is gold. Maybe they will buy bitcoins sooner or later.

But seriously is real estate still a good investment for the next 5-10 years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:44:53 PM

This is very important. USA real estate especially urban and semi suburban is going down big time seems like. But the Chinese don't care, as they are still buying up land like it is gold. Maybe they will buy bitcoins sooner or later.

I think investment in real estate is always a good idea but it should be for long term. We can not expect profit from a short time investment in real estate. I believe that soon there will be a boom in real estate in United States Of America.
sekaiissobig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:28:20 AM

Real estate are going to increase over the time generally.
1. The currency supply for all the world are always increasing
2. The human population is unlikely to decreased over time; means more house for ppl
3. The USA is still one of the country with many immigrant
4. Possible less suitable land for ppl to stay- Chg environment(pollution) cause serious effect to some place
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:10:34 AM

This is very important. USA real estate especially urban and semi suburban is going down big time seems like.

I disagree with this. If anything, urban real estate is going up in value in larger cities. The younger generations are more keen to live within their entertainment and shopping districts, with walking distance proximity. The suburbs are going to fade big time as people flock to the city BUT the suburbs will remain the most affordable of options so I'm sure they'll meet the needs of people that want to buy homes on lower budgets.

China's investment in US properties is a sign of a strong real estate market but it's a stronger sign that the Chinese are worried to keep their money within China's borders. They're worried about currency, inflation, and government risk.

Buying real estate is good right now, especially with mortgage rates as low as they can be.

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:08:11 AM

I think the elite recognizes that the US is becoming a rent society like Europe.  Various economic factors are making it more likely for people to rent and less likely to own their homes.  For this reason, a huge portion of income is increasingly being dumped into liabilities (rent) which historically has been a great American asset.  As fiat currencies inflate against hard assets like real estate, I don't think it's a bad idea to own some land.  We have deflation and a possible looming economic slowdown.

futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:31:50 PM

Real estate and gold are the best investments for the long term perspective. In short term prices may be more volatile but if you think about 10 years then those are the best investment products give you a solid returns in any country. Since population is growing later people need a land for construction for sure.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:02:12 PM

I heard that in Detroit, Michigan you can buy pretty much everything for a song. On a serious note, you still can earn pretty great money if you invest in real estate, but don't expect it to be fast. Yet it so far one of the best ways of allocating your capital... Invest while you can.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:33:23 PM

Location, location, location. You cannot talk of real estate in the USA as a single market. there's absolutely nothing in common between the market in Pacific Palisades and the market in rural Iowa.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:10:42 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 02:52:06 AM by johnyj

No one can truly own real estate, they are always subject to tax and eminent domain. Only the utility/rent it brings make some sense

From this perspective, bitcoin is the only true asset that you can 100% own for generations to come

_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:45:17 AM

It depends...

Personally, I believe in the strength of real estate as a way to build wealth for some, security for others, and yet total disaster for others.

Within my lifetime I expect to see at least 2 more bubbles...booms and busts in my country (U.S.A.)
with everything in between.

1 simplified scenario would be: buying a house you can afford, with an excellent interest rate and paying it off in 15 years.
Don't ever refinance it.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:08:08 AM

No one can truly own real estate, they are always subject to tax and eminent domain. Only the utility/rent it brings make some sense

From this perspective, bitcoin is the only true asset that you can 100% own for generations to come

Well you may be true about the eminent domain part but the value of property and buildings on property does increase so it's more than just a utility or rent value. There's equity too. And I don't even think bitcoin is the only true asset you can own because guess what happens when the electricity goes out - your bitcoin goes bye bye, disappears with the light from the light bulb.

It takes a lot of trust for this system, although no more than it takes for the fiat system!

koinsuka

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:16:17 AM

of course the economic sector land is very valuable
investment in the future because of the scarcity of
geographical

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬