Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:41:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would i be better off waiting for the 16nm miners?  (Read 3540 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:15:21 AM

Here you go 14nm usb chip for the masses..you pay thru the nose for it....but a cute toy (and the joys it looks like of a pre-order raffle)

Info on BW company itself

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-unknown-giant-a-first-look-inside-bw-one-of-china-s-oldest-and-largest-miners-1444675310

on the supposed 14nm product

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

from the above

Along with the announcement of its bitcoin chip, the company has announced that it will be releasing a bitcoin miner for consumers that will launch in Winter 2016.
“The miners are now available for pre-order at a price of 0.87 BTC with a minimum order of 333 miners which is 1 petahash,” Virgilio Lizardo Jr., Head of International at Bitbank told Bitcoin Magazine in an exclusive interview. “This price will be available until November 11, 2015. This winter, the miners will be available with no minimum order required; the price at this time has not been decided yet.”

According to BW, each 14nm chip in the miner will be able to attain anywhere from 34.6-63GH/s. The power consumption is 18W based on a voltage of 0.59V to 0.76V.

end quote

So the above says (assuming you could get one w/o bulk at the bulk price above) it would be as I type this $230.99 for a 34.6GH to 63.0GH USB Stick!

Sheesh. I can get any number of ASIC miners NOW ..electric be damned for a better return then that! Never ROI indeed!

But anyway another toy....but right now you could get 10 8gb usb stick Sidehack Gekko Miners (overclocked say to 10gh each) for 250 bucks would be 100gh NOW TODAY!
..so I sure as hell am not sure why the hell you would do the above on these BW sticks arriving in Winter 2016. The ROI is the same. A smile Smiley

but toys be toys I guess.

Sidehack sales thread here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126705.0  

I can't imagine anyone pre-ordering gear at this point with just renderings.  And it's a crazy quantity to buy looks like they are shooting for data centers as first customers with the amount.

I am hoping we see sales a lot different after it launches and they fill their data centers up.

It is all gonna going to (or mostly) their data hall imho. The usb stick announce above is just to get the word out on their product. It is a gimmick. The big money will
be made internally with these chips (at cost) with cheap electric in china.

I might be missing something obvious but where do they announce a USB stick?  I see a big product they just want you to order a lot of them.

333 units = 1 PH sounds like a big miner not usb stick.  But I could me misreading something.

yeah point to you .i inferred that it would be a usb stick with the values they can get from 14nm..but it would not have to be such.

I stand corrected. But I think it likely as a 'consumer product' at that speed and electric use.

Also it is the 333 miners they talk about 1PH for that price. I mean really? They would have to be imho usb sticks even if you got 333 of them at that price.
Still IMHO the price is PER miner. So a bulk order would be at 333 miners (sticks or whaever) approx at 231.00 usd $76,923.00 usd or so. The sSondoolies
SP50 data hall commercial product they likely will get out in a month or so if not sooner (or at least to their data hall) is 110TH for prob about 40 to 50k imho.

If these are usb sticks and my guess on the spondoolies sp50 110 TH unit is correct. Then we are looking at Winter 2016....so....anyway my view....

Just don't see it. Still see this as a USB stick gimmick to move a few and show off the flagship product 14nm chip to the masses in very small quanties.

The will use this as you state (chips) big massive (at cost) (cheap elec in china) data hall.What they sell here (imho usb sticks) for that price per miner
is simply to wave the corp flag.

Then again I really, really want to be wrong on this. But I doubt it Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:38:32 AM

Here you go 14nm usb chip for the masses..you pay thru the nose for it....but a cute toy (and the joys it looks like of a pre-order raffle)

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-unknown-giant-a-first-look-inside-bw-one-of-china-s-oldest-and-largest-miners-1444675310

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

from the above

Along with the announcement of its bitcoin chip, the company has announced that it will be releasing a bitcoin miner for consumers that will launch in Winter 2016.
“The miners are now available for pre-order at a price of 0.87 BTC with a minimum order of 333 miners which is 1 petahash,” Virgilio Lizardo Jr., Head of International at Bitbank told Bitcoin Magazine in an exclusive interview. “This price will be available until November 11, 2015. This winter, the miners will be available with no minimum order required; the price at this time has not been decided yet.”

According to BW, each 14nm chip in the miner will be able to attain anywhere from 34.6-63GH/s. The power consumption is 18W based on a voltage of 0.59V to 0.76V.

end quote

So the above says (assuming you could get one w/o bulk at the bulk price above) it would be as I type this $230.99 for a 34.6GH to 63.0GH USB Stick!

Sheesh. I can get any number of ASIC miners NOW ..electric be damned for a better return then that! Never ROI indeed!

But anyway another toy....but right now you could get 10 8gb usb stick Sidehack Gekko Miners (overclocked say to 10gh each) for 250 bucks would be 100gh NOW TODAY!
..so I sure as hell am not sure why the hell you would do the above on these BW sticks arriving in Winter 2016. The ROI is the same. A smile Smiley

I can't imagine anyone pre-ordering gear at this point with just renderings.  And it's a crazy quantity to buy looks like they are shooting for data centers as first customers with the amount.

I am hoping we see sales a lot different after it launches and they fill their data centers up.

It is all gonna going to (or mostly) their data hall imho. The usb stick announce above is just to get the word out on their product. It is a gimmick. The big money will

I might be missing something obvious but where do they announce a USB stick?  I see a big product they just want you to order a lot of them.

333 units = 1 PH sounds like a big miner not usb stick.  But I could me misreading something.

yeah point to you .i inferred that it would be a usb stick with the values they can get from 14nm..but it would not have to be such.

I stand corrected. But I think it likely as a 'consumer product' at that speed and electric use.

Also it is the 333 miners they talk about 1PH for that price. I mean really? They would have to be imho usb sticks even if you got 333 of them at that price.
Still IMHO the price is PER miner. So a bulk order would be at 333 miners (sticks or whaever) approx at 231.00 usd $76,923.00 usd or so. The sSondoolies
SP50 data hall commercial product they likely will get out in a month or so if not sooner (or at least to their data hall) is 110TH for prob about 40 to 50k imho.

If these are usb sticks and my guess on the spondoolies sp50 110 TH unit is correct. Then we are looking at Winter 2016....so....anyway my view....

Just don't see it. Still see this as a USB stick gimmick to move a few and show off the flagship product 14nm chip to the masses in very small quanties.

The will use this as you state (chips) big massive (at cost) (cheap elec in china) data hall.What they sell here (imho usb sticks) for that price per miner

I don't see it being a stick math below:

1PH = 1000TH
1000TH / 333 Units = around 3 TH  per unit.   The best stick miner out there does around 16 GH (the compac).  There is just not a way they fit 3T (like 300 GH less then 3 S5's) on a thumb drive.

On price you could read it a few way's but i read 0.87 BTC per unit.  So:

333 X .87 BTC = 289.71 BTC or around 76773.15 USD or 1 PH.  Which sounds pretty reasonable.   But again anyone feel free to check my work.
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:41:49 AM

It seems will be a war of new machines, the hashrate will be double in a while, the diff will rise and the earnings will drop deep into hell... Bitmain starts the war with new S7, and Spodoolies counter-atack with the SP50 release -but only bulk sales- and now BW launch this announcement, but more cheaper than others!!
Meanwhile, BITFURY is now the biggest pool with +-95 PH (quiet but running).

I think the bitcoin hardware is just began a war, but this time between big farms and manufacturers, and with this, the difficulty will be double in some months (and there will be the halving in july).  

Bad news to home miners, i think...

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:49:00 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 09:01:19 AM by QuintLeo

They appear to be talking about the same miner that's been getting discussed in the LKetc thread for a month and some now, in the 3TH "bottom end" version from that thread.

Keep in mind that BW is some sort of partnership/corporate deal between BitCoinBank and Lketc.

On the plus side, it appears this miner might have a realistic chance to achieve RoI before the halfing renders it unprofitable - IF you have cheap enough electric and if it gets delivered by early December.
 I still can't say that about the S7 unless you're in VERY VERY cheap electric areas.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:50:01 AM

from the above

end quote

I don't see it being a stick math below:

1PH = 1000TH
1000TH / 333 Units = around 3 TH  per unit.   The best stick miner out there does around 16 GH (the compac).  There is just not a way they fit 3T (like 300 GH less then 3 S5's) on a thumb drive.

On price you could read it a few way's but i read 0.87 BTC per unit.  So:

333 X .87 BTC = 289.71 BTC or around 76773.15 USD or 1 PH.  Which sounds pretty reasonable.   But again anyone feel free to check my work.

AH>>>>> you are correct...re-read the above article it says 30.6gh to 60gh 'per chip in the miner" so oops.....

Well glad to be wrong (sorta) I mean the chaos this will cause Smiley (then again I"m out of btc home mining anyway at 13c kwh (winter rates usa I just saved 0.5c whoo hooo!)

It seems will be a war of new machines, the hashrate will be double in a while, the diff will rise and the earnings will drop deep into hell... Bitmain starts the war with new S7, and Spodoolies counter-atack with the SP50 release -but only bulk sales- and now BW launch this announcement, but more cheaper than others!!
Meanwhile, BITFURY is now the biggest pool with +-95 PH (quiet but running).

I think the bitcoin hardware is just began a war, but this time between big farms and manufacturers, and with this, the difficulty will be double in some months (and there will be the halving in july).  

Bad news to home miners, i think...

Well also most of these guys MINE to USD daily..(data halls)....they don't hoard much BTC...so this is gonna drive the price of BTC down if they really really go full warfare mode imho

Then again I at one time drank the BFL kool aid in 2013...so wtf do I know.

(When elephants come to the 'dance floor' and start to Polka the Dance is over for sure!)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

~

Compare to original Chinese verion of the news, it's 0.87B/T

http://www.8btc.com/bw-14nm-chip
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:24:45 PM

nice next year a 3 th miner for 241 USD  or so hope so then bitmain will either lose out ,stop selling to the public or lower there price  . Smiley . Sidehack can get some deals on chips etc if this even happens.

The halfing in 2016 won't be so bad it's not that bad with LTC . to me it won't be bad till we really can't mine much in coins and Miners only get fees, that's how many years away, i won''t be a live.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
carlosmnk

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:54:51 PM

~

so a 3th miner will drains 780w and costs 2.61btc, not bad, cheaper than the s7, now it costs 6.15btc, or 1.27btc/th...

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:58:47 PM

~

so a 3th miner will drains 780w and costs 2.61btc, not bad, cheaper than the s7, now it costs 6.15btc, or 1.27btc/th...

It's hard to say if bad or good.  We really need to know release date for general public.  And if they lower quantity from 333 units.

We also need an idea of difficulty when miner is released.  Just still a lot of unknowns.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:50:46 AM

~

it appear to be the same for me

we have 3tera vs 4.8 tera, let's say 50% more

and 800w vs 1200w, again 50% more

the only real difference is that their price are 2.61 vs 7.7 and 7.7 isn't 50% more, so ironically this 14nm asic is not better because more efficent but because it cost less...
carlosmnk

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:27:47 AM

~

it appear to be the same for me

we have 3tera vs 4.8 tera, let's say 50% more

and 800w vs 1200w, again 50% more

the only real difference is that their price are 2.61 vs 7.7 and 7.7 isn't 50% more, so ironically this 14nm asic is not better because more efficent but because it cost less...

let's wait for the final unit seller price, and the s7 at that time...

RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:32:19 AM

~

It's hard to say if bad or good.  We really need to know release date for general public.  And if they lower quantity from 333 units.

We also need an idea of difficulty when miner is released.  Just still a lot of unknowns.

They have announced that "This winter, the miners will be available with no minimum order required; the price at this time has not been decided yet"

Let's hope that the price is not too far from 2.16BTC however even at 3BTC It would still be 1/2 the price of an S7, which I think is a far more sensible price for a home miner.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
carlosmnk

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:50:12 AM

And AVALON have launched their AVALON 6, you can see the specs here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195199.msg12744471#msg12744471

And with this, we have a lot of new miners to choose... It's time to sell all "old" stuff?

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:52:50 AM

3BTC and availability in early December would be good. Would put some serious price pressure on BitMain's S7 and the upcomming Avalon 6.

I KNEW I wanted to wait for around the end of the year before I jumped for a reason.

8-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: