Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:25:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greece: the election is over, the economic crisis is not  (Read 1503 times)
ironbit

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:42:02 PM

Indeed, they will, as long as they could hide the lies they made to their people. If German and French people get behind of all this, then Greece and the Euro will have reached its end.

EU countries will pay Greece debts without any problem. Germany and France are rich countries  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

Indeed, they will, as long as they could hide the lies they made to their people. If German and French people get behind of all this, then Greece and the Euro will have reached its end.

EU countries will pay Greece debts without any problem. Germany and France are rich countries  Grin

I don't think so. Maybe they will accept to restructure the debt but in terms of extension of repayment or reduction of the interests. I think never to give away part of money given. Notably Germany. Seems that they are irritated with the Greeks for their behavior during these times and even for this will not accept any concession in terms of cut of debt. Then it is a matter of conception. Germans as a people cannot imagine that the Greeks had their money, did their good life with those (without working to have they) and then did not accepted to got those back to the owners. Every German leader will not be accepted by his people if will approve to cut off the debt.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:18:37 PM

Greece will have to endure some years of financial harshness if they want to overcome the crisis with austerity. The long term loan and stretched out repay plan sounds good but they ought to give the economy a chance to breathe instead of making it struggle with more austerity if they'd ever want Greece to repay.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 05:53:10 AM by n2004al

The only thing that we all (should know) is unpayable debts are unpayable . My advice to Greece is to plan for a default, prepare a sovereign currency, take up Russian,Chinese, and BRICS offers of loans, and leave the EU and NATO. I don't see any other way. Then hope things get better that way.

It will the worst choice I think. It will be a step back in their ambitions to have a central role in Balkan countries, in their ambitions to be part of the "club" of the countries which count and make decisions, it will be a decrease of welfare that currently they enjoy, it will be an economic disaster, it will be a start from beginning in everything and above all to be again part of European Union and at the end it will be a total depression of all Greeks which don't want to go out of European Union. The last thing is told in every interview taken from the simple people in the roads from the reporters and the even in the vote of their referendum.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:21:27 AM

€360,000,000,000 - This is Greece's entire government debt in 2012. The debt has been reduced to 315 Billion in 2015, on bankruptcy day June 30th, 2015. - This debt won't be reduced over night and new government is not gonna make it lower any time soon.
If you want to know more about sources of Greek's debt, read this: http://demonocracy.info/infographics/eu/debt_greek/debt_greek.html
Seems €315 billions is still high amount of money, and I'm surely that reduced debt cant be paid by Greece. And I guess Greece still cant pay that although the amount will be reduced until €200 billions. There is no effective way to solve that imo, even if Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates still alive in Greece.
Btw thats a nice article Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████