Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:33:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My PayPal horror story  (Read 3952 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:34:36 PM

On 30th August I got this e-mail

Claiming my account has been limited because of sales offers on fight-bb.com

It was the first time ever hearing of that website, so I thought that was a simple mistake and could be sorted out easily.

I called them and asked why has my account been limited, I have never heard of this website before
The response was: "I have no information about that, but I can send it for a review"

I said okay with faith it will be lifted.

Soon, I got an e-mail.

I called them again and asked why has my account been limited, and I said I don't want the limit removed, I just want to know why has my account been limited, and again the response was "I don't have access to that information", I sent e-mails, I called and called, and no results.

I visited the website and found out fight-bb.com is a UFC website, UFC!

I have never done any sales or even bought something related to UFC online.

I thought I was framed by someone else and started searching the website with anything related to me, but found nothing.

I called again and asked why, still the same response, I got furious and said "I can't believe this, I'm going to make sure every website on the internet knows how PayPal treats its customers".

This is what I'm trying to do.

PayPal can get you banned for no reason, and you won't be able to get your account back!

Looking for a signature campaign.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 11:42:36 PM

Are you completely sure that that email is from a legitimate PayPal employee? If it's a scam phishing mail, then it might be a whole 'nother problem.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 11:46:15 PM

Have they confiscated your money too? if that is the case,you can sue them and if you had no money in your paypal account,dont waste your time on PayPal and move to skrill.I have been reading lots of PayPal stories but my personal experience with them were very pleasant when once they limited my account. I called them and they helped me got the limit removed.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:47:51 PM

Are you completely sure that that email is from a legitimate PayPal employee? If it's a scam phishing mail, then it might be a whole 'nother problem.

Yes, my account has been limited on PayPal.com
And I have talked with their support numerous times.

Have they confiscated your money too? if that is the case,you can sue them and if you had no money in your paypal account,dont waste your time on PayPal and move to skrill.I have been reading lots of PayPal stories but my personal experience with them were very pleasant when once they limited my account. I called them and they helped me got the limit removed.

Yes, 160$.
I don't really care about the money though, I cared about using my PayPal, I used it for many years, I have made 200+ purchases on eBay, and this is what I get in return without any of my own fault.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 11:54:54 PM

Yes, my account has been limited on PayPal.com
And I have talked with their support numerous times.

Yes, 160$.
I don't really care about the money though, I cared about using my PayPal, I used it for many years, I have made 200+ purchases on eBay, and this is what I get in return without any of my own fault.

From what I understand,they believe you have made purchase of something at the mentioned site and hence violated their terms of use.Does it reflect in your PayPal transaction history?
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:03:04 AM

From what I understand,they believe you have made purchase of something at the mentioned site and hence violated their terms of use.Does it reflect in your PayPal transaction history?

Not a purchase, sales offers.

No.

They limited my account for selling on a website on which I  never sold on, and which I never visited at all!!

If anyone can tell me where I could send my story to get it published, I would be very interested in doing so.
Thank you.

Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:13:59 AM

does anyone else in your house use paypal on your computer?

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:17:56 AM

does anyone else in your house use paypal on your computer?

No, my father&mother can barely use the TV, not PayPal  Cheesy

White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:33:40 AM

Paypal now is doing its own version of The trial, from Kafka
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 09:32:34 AM

Not a purchase, sales offers.

No.

They limited my account for selling on a website on which I  never sold on, and which I never visited at all!!

If anyone can tell me where I could send my story to get it published, I would be very interested in doing so.
Thank you.
That is really ridiculous,if you haven't made any transaction on the said site,how come PayPal know that you made any sale offer (although you haven't).Were they tracking your browsing history too Huh I doubt if they can do it
As to your other question, you can publish your PayPal hate story here http://www.aboutpaypal.org
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:40:29 AM

I got scammed 3,500$ worht of selling BTC on Paypal due to the funds being reversed by buyer (this is 3 years ago).

Then Paypal contacted me stating since they had refunded the 3,500$ to the buyer i now owed 3,500$ (total 7,000$ loss)

I sent the debtors agency Paypal had hired to get my money the conversation screenshots LocalBTC had provided me with.

In the end i only lost 3,500$ as Paypal left me alone.

Grin

Hours
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:50:58 AM

That is really ridiculous,if you haven't made any transaction on the said site,how come PayPal know that you made any sale offer (although you haven't).Were they tracking your browsing history too Huh I doubt if they can do it
As to your other question, you can publish your PayPal hate story here http://www.aboutpaypal.org

Already submitted there.
If they tracked my browsing history then they would know I never visited the website.

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:04:24 PM

I've seen similar horror stories with Paypal.

Pretty bad that they won't give you a more detailed response though or allow you to properly dispute the claim.
SomeBoy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:35:35 PM

www.screw-paypal.com

www.aboutpaypal.org

www.paypalcomplaints.org

www.paypalsucks.com

www.paypalwarning.com

www.facebook.com/NoPayPal
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:36:42 PM

Lmao PayPal is thinks that they're King and can do whatever they want. The sad part about it is that it's true. Too many people trust in it to go to another payment processor. Losing a couple customers means nothing to them

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
boliu

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:45:10 PM

Lmao PayPal is thinks that they're King and can do whatever they want. The sad part about it is that it's true. Too many people trust in it to go to another payment processor. Losing a couple customers means nothing to them

They are King, what else can you use that is safe.  They do offer buyer and seller protection when you can provide the necessary proofs.

snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 02:51:26 PM

Paypal is the worst service ever seen, i had a horrible experience with it years ago even that i lost only ~17$ but it means too much for me at that time.

Hope you can get your money back.

mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:05:26 PM

Have they confiscated your money too?

Why do people store money in their PayPal accounts?
Surely you would want it in the bank where it is (slightly) safer?
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:06:45 PM

Paypal is the leading payment processor. Major companies accept paypal for their goods and the ease of use is very convenient.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:08:48 PM

Paypal is the leading payment processor. Major companies accept paypal for their goods and the ease of use is very convenient.

But whenever I spend money through PayPal, it uses my card.
I didn't even know PayPal stored money until I read some of the horror stories of accounts getting limited.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: