Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:14:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the next big announcement you think might make BTC value rise ?  (Read 1501 times)
rscholey (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:46:36 AM

I can see quite a few announcements and yet the price has not been going positive this last few months.

To those who think the price will rise, are you expecting something to happen in the near future and if so what do you think will move the price up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:12:05 AM

announcements are useless, there were tons of them in the past and guess what we are still in the same range as we were in january, if you don't directly invest with money and not with words, nothing will change

i'm waiting for the halving at the moment, because i know that it's the only thing that will move this mess
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:19:23 PM

I can see quite a few announcements and yet the price has not been going positive this last few months.

To those who think the price will rise, are you expecting something to happen in the near future and if so what do you think will move the price up?

ETFs, Gemini, any government that might make any positive announcement about adopting Bitcoin or even acknowledging it, even if some major bank would do the same.

Halving will also definitely have an impact on Bitcoin price in my opinion.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:35:09 PM

announcements are useless, there were tons of them in the past and guess what we are still in the same range as we were in january, if you don't directly invest with money and not with words, nothing will change

i'm waiting for the halving at the moment, because i know that it's the only thing that will move this mess

Yes that is correct and also if any big companies announce they can accept bitcoins to purchase their products then it will be a good news for the bitcoins to move prices and also if any governments accepts it as an legal currency then that will be very good news for bitcoins.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:40:19 PM

ETFs, Gemini, any government that might make any positive announcement about adopting Bitcoin or even acknowledging it, even if some major bank would do the same.

Halving will also definitely have an impact on Bitcoin price in my opinion.

Regarding ETF and Gemini.It has been really quite since a few months.Does anybody know what the Winkle guys are doing? Do still wait to get "fully regulated" to make everything right? We have seen a few ETFs coming up now and nothing to hear from these two.
Furthermore I doubt that another exchange will have any impact on Bitcoin's price.

I also believe nothing big will happen this year. Next year to halving we might see some bigger movement.
rscholey (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:44:24 PM

I just posted a question about Gemini on another thread.  I guess we were both wondering the same thing and composing at the same time.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:21:49 PM

I just posted a question about Gemini on another thread.  I guess we were both wondering the same thing and composing at the same time.

I think it's just an American system. Everything has to be covered by the law, all the licences need to be obtained. That's why it takes as long as it takes. Look at the BitLicense mess and what every single exchange needs to fulfill just to be able to operate in the US.

It's a bureaucracy and all of the interests that need to be fulfilled.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:54:57 PM

When the debt system starts to crack and people look for an exit.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:04:55 PM

When the debt system starts to crack and people look for an exit.

Isn't that already happening right now? As always, people only act when it's too late.

OP : I only can think of WallStreet announcing it will officially invest in Bitcoin (the coin) and not in Bitcoin related startups. That will give the price a huge boost for sure.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:09:45 PM

We saw an ETF investing in bitcoin (through GBTC) lately but I think it'd be interesting to see how this and Gemini performs in a longer term. ARK investment's web x.0 has already been performing very well, if bitcoin proves to be a good part ETF seeing more adoption of BTC in this space could likely benefit BTC. While they didn't invest directly, awareness on high profile investors is always good. ARK even released a whitepaper and a series researching bitcoin so awareness among their investors must be very good.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:18:51 PM

Has BTC's value ever risen because of an announcement? The only one I can think of was the senate hearings during late 2013. The price went mental as positive words came out. It was primed to blow anyway.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:11:15 PM

Has BTC's value ever risen because of an announcement? The only one I can think of was the senate hearings during late 2013. The price went mental as positive words came out. It was primed to blow anyway.

No, but we can't deny that when we had news from Greece back in June the price surged. Then it was nothing and we came back to the old pattern.

There are some news stronger than others and when that happens BTC price shakes for the good or the bad.

I clearly remember that when Russia banned BTC a while ago the price never recovered from that news.

So, only in terms of price, yes some announcements do have their say.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:27:54 PM

No, but we can't deny that when we had news from Greece back in June the price surged. Then it was nothing and we came back to the old pattern.

There are some news stronger than others and when that happens BTC price shakes for the good or the bad.

Bad news undeniably gets the job done repeatedly. It seems to a far more resistant to the good stuff but that rarely affects people holding coins right now unlike the doom.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:43:01 PM

I think the biggest announcement we need is a consensus on this block limit debate. Once that is out of the way, confidence will build. Current users would resume buying and investments can grow. With the next halving in July, the combination will surely boost the price to higher levels.
peonminer

Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:53:41 PM

After a lifetime of watching the world's most affluent and powerful nation from afar, Pope Francis will walk on U.S. soil for the first time, at the age of 78, when he arrives in Washington from Cuba on Tuesday afternoon.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/22/politics/pope-francis-america-congress-visit/
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:04:46 PM

Price might sky rock if it is listed on Nasdaq.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:37:00 AM

Announcements are not as important as action
That said that ETF getting launched Bitcoin getting past the halving and forking one way or the other in terms of Blocksize
And a few Hedge Fund managers boosting the price would be good.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:26:42 AM

rising gold prices and economic damage in a country may be able to make bitcoin prices rise  Smiley
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:35:43 AM

It is very possible that it is the next announcement, I'm sure many coin owners are waiting for that.
But if I have a coin I wont give it away or sell it to someone else.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:02:18 AM

I'm not expecting some country will be facing a crisis, but some country crisis have affected bitcoin price atm in this year, although that just few days. About this issue, I got nice articles, maybe those articles could explain some factors that affecting bitcoin price.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/affects-bitcoin-price/
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/03/13/how-will-2017s-block-reward-halving-affect-bitcoin-price/

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████