Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:59:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Gridseed G-Black Scrypt Miner  (Read 875 times)
Chronikka (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:58:02 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 04:19:28 PM by Chronikka

I have for sale a Gridseed G-Black Scrypt miner. The unit is rated 23-25 Mh/s but I consistently get ~26.5 Mh/s with no overclock (chips @ 800 MHz). It draws about 450-500 watts from the wall.

Power supply and Raspberry Pi control board are included. The miner is running the Minera operating system (more info here) on a microsd card which I will include along with the Raspberry Pi.

Asking price is 0.60 BTC plus shipping. I prefer to ship to the USA and I will charge a flat $35 shipping cost (converted to BTC for payment) to anywhere in the Domestic US. If you're international and still want to buy the miner send me a pm and we can work out additional shipping charges. I prefer not to use escrow as its simpler and I've done a number of deals on these forums without it. However I understand if a buyer insists on escrow, so I will accept it. All escrow fees will be paid by the buyer and it will be his/her responsibility to find a reputable escrow agent.

Here is a screenshot of the Minera dashboard:

https://i.imgur.com/xvqWaD5.png

The hashrate at the top is what the pool is reporting (26.61 mh/s) and the hashrate at the bottom of the screen is what the miner itself is reporting (26.94 mh/s). Error rates are consistently below 0.4% overall for the miner although there are 10 circuits and one of the 10 always seems to be a little higher (1.81% error rate shown in the screenshot). Miner uptime in the picture is about 5 days. I typically restart the miner once a week just for the hell of it, although I probably don't need to. The Minera OS will automatically restart the miner if it stops mining for any reason.

And here are a couple pictures of the miner itself (front and back)

https://i.imgur.com/OHYMXSh.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/uFHB5mi.jpg?1

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:07:06 PM

i assume international shipping is not due the cost of shipping :/, i would love to get it but i cant pay large shipping fees, i hope you find a buyer

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Chronikka (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:33:27 PM

i assume international shipping is not due the cost of shipping :/, i would love to get it but i cant pay large shipping fees, i hope you find a buyer

Well it depends on what country you mean specifically. If its Canada or Mexico that's a lot cheaper than somewhere in Europe for example. I don't really know what it will cost to ship internationally unless I know what country I'm shipping to.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:12:00 PM

At one time I was running 22 of these.  Solid little units, and reliable too.

Worst problem I had was with them getting beat up during shipping.  The ones with the extra metal bracing along the top fared much better...

Protip, unplug the USB cables from the hashing boards if yours doesn't have the metal bracing, will keep the top from flexing and popping the miniusb connections straight off of the hashing boards.  The buyer can easily just plug them back in when they get it.
Chronikka (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:47:56 PM

Worst problem I had was with them getting beat up during shipping.  The ones with the extra metal bracing along the top fared much better...

Protip, unplug the USB cables from the hashing boards if yours doesn't have the metal bracing, will keep the top from flexing and popping the miniusb connections straight off of the hashing boards.  The buyer can easily just plug them back in when they get it.

Interesting and thanks for the tip. You're right its a great miner, one of the few scrypt miners that performed better than advertised. It has two metal cross braces inside the case and each of the 5 hashing boards are screwed into the braces. The case is a little beat up on the outside I suppose but that's how I received it originally. I'm not sure why it came without the two metal handles that most of the G-Black units had. The case has the holes for them but they were not included when I bought it. Doesn't affect the hashing at all.

For anybody who is interested I have the original box and packing materials that it was shipped in, and I will simply be re-using those.

baldpope

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:33:01 PM

I bought 4 from quakefiend420 - all 4 have been hashing great (Still running).  one tip though, I unplugged the usb and re-connected them to my PC.  The internal pi miner seemed flaky and would often reboot.  Running from an old dell p4 has given much more stability
Chronikka (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:20:14 PM

Bump. Price updated. Now asking 0.6 BTC plus shipping

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: