Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled?  (Read 33689 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:34:07 PM

I'm sure that halving will not be canceled. Miners are really want to but nobody can't control bitcoin. After halving some miners will come out from game but new will come. cycle.
This is a given fact as it is a cycle and can not be stopped by anyone.
I think there are too many miners so this would be a good thing for bitcoin not a hindrance.

there isnt any miners these days.

it should be the ones who have 1 sided mining power which you should look at is the people who offer cloud services - like antminer.

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:42:22 PM

I believe that some people turned on their miners till the halving ,this way they can collecte more coins before the income of them get reduced,even runing into a loss montly ,if they hold the debit and hold the halving they will be able to sell and take profit.If not going to sell at it just hold it till end the year where the price should reach 600-800 dollars.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:03:38 PM

No I do not believe this at all, there is no chance that the halving is gonna get cancelled anytime soon...
The halving is already coming this year and it will not get cancelled.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:14:30 PM

I don't know. But all I know is we cannot determine if the price of bitcoin increase or not. Last Nov. 12, when the first halving started, the price of bitcoin remain stable and didn't affect much it's value. So we can't really say a thing but to speculate with what information and details we have.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:55:13 AM

I'm sure that halving will not be canceled. Miners are really want to but nobody can't control bitcoin. After halving some miners will come out from game but new will come. cycle.
I think there are too many miners so this would be a good thing for bitcoin not a hindrance.

it should be the ones who have 1 sided mining power which you should look at is the people who offer cloud services - like antminer.

Of course it can be canceled, but it wont happen. I think also that it will be not that good after the halving.
Because you can see now that the value is rising very slowly and that is not good. It wont rise that fast after the halving.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:29:49 AM

I believe that some people turned on their miners till the halving ,this way they can collecte more coins before the income of them get reduced,even runing into a loss montly ,if they hold the debit and hold the halving they will be able to sell and take profit.If not going to sell at it just hold it till end the year where the price should reach 600-800 dollars.

January one year ago this bullish baseline started. Very low like 150 dollars. Projecting from that local low I would guess 600, not so likely 800 on peak.

BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 06:35:58 PM

It really can be canceled but precent of this happen is very low i think. Only miners will lose from it but new miners will come. So at my opinion nothing will change if halving be canceled.

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:50:23 PM

If anything halving needs to be here already.

We see the price traction going bullish hoping for new buyers to come into the market to submit these buy orders.

And hope for users to grow eventually.

bakingbad

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:13:36 PM

halving event will surely not be canceledbecause of various reasons, first of all it would require a lot of work to be done, secondly people would get mad if the developers would do that

i think theres no need to do that as it is a natural thing in bitcoin and it will have no bad impact on it for sure
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:54:05 PM

No the bitcoin halving will of course not get cancelled that would be ridiculous if you ask me right ?
Its already planned for this year, and it can impossibly get cancelled.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 06:24:39 PM

No the bitcoin halving will of course not get cancelled that would be ridiculous if you ask me right ?

Sure it wont be canceled. A lot of people will lost from it and they will not be happy.
Better to think what we will do after halving.

BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:43:58 PM

There was much hype about the Fed raising interest rates in 2015, but we are still there, at the lowest possible level (wtf, it is even no longer the lowest possible limit). Bitcoin halving in July, 2016, is talked about as much, but will it really happen?

I ain't sure

No one, and I repeat. no one can stop the halving. As long as the Bitcoin networks stays alive there will be a haliving every 4 years until mining is over.

The halving is an intimate part of the bitcoin protocol and nobody has the power to stop it!
Jmild1

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:16:51 PM

There was much hype about the Fed raising interest rates in 2015, but we are still there, at the lowest possible level (wtf, it is even no longer the lowest possible limit). Bitcoin halving in July, 2016, is talked about as much, but will it really happen?

I ain't sure

No one, and I repeat. no one can stop the halving. As long as the Bitcoin networks stays alive there will be a haliving every 4 years until mining is over.

The halving is an intimate part of the bitcoin protocol and nobody has the power to stop it!

It's a protocol, meaning a command. A command can be dis-obeyed.
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:52:01 PM

Lol that's right however halving situation is bound to happen. day there may not backward nor forward. because all of this was already determined when first created of bitcoin

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:50:36 AM

If the halving just got canceled we will see a new thing happening that will be the dumping of bitcoin,and may be a deep dump,as people will loose faith into bitcoin decentralized ,i my self if i saw it canceled i would keep collecting it but i believe that would kill bitcoin future.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:25:00 PM

If the halving just got canceled we will see a new thing happening that will be the dumping of bitcoin,and may be a deep dump,as people will loose faith into bitcoin decentralized ,i my self if i saw it canceled i would keep collecting it but i believe that would kill bitcoin future.

why do you even bother posting? we know its not going to be cancelled its a goddamn schedule.. its not a block size debate.
Jmild1

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:50:05 PM

Can you give a viable statistics that shows miner's are decreasing from 2016 of january 'til now.
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:08:55 AM

Can you give a viable statistics that shows miner's are decreasing from 2016 of january 'til now.

I believe that the most miners were running into a loss these days,several people turned them off ,and sold them.The energy costs is what rule the miners,and bitcoin value for sure.But speculation around halving may had made some of those miners to return with the hope to make a good return,since there still some months till the moment.
Zuminest

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:02:36 AM

halving can never be cancelled by anyone.. as long as bitcoin is alive halving occurs for every four years..
miners wants price increase.. if halving is cancelled, price won't increase.. so definitely halving will happen..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:13:29 AM

the global hashrate is increase, so the miners( in sense of new asic and not new people) is certainly increasing as a value
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: