Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was given a bunch of habaneros but...  (Read 1298 times)
Pyr3x (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:19:34 PM

I have a bunch of habanero miners which were given to me to be deployed at my work for work stuff..... But I have never used this miner before and I thought I would give it a try. Started tinkering with getting the H110 watercooling crap on one of them and wired up a 1,200 watt corsair modular PSU.

All the lights at each PCIE molex is red, both LEDs at the rails (left, right) also red and finally a block of 4 LEDS are lit. So I assumed all was well and proceeded to connect it to a Windows PC via USB. I spun up a copy of cgminer, it cried about winusb installed that and it seems to see the miner but the miner just doesn't mine... period...

Tried bfgminer which doesn't seem to like the WinUSB driver with no luck..... I am starting to feel a little down about this as I was hoping to just get them in line with everything else running and forget about them.. However, even he website is lone gone on the internet today so I cannot find any firmware, software etc to debug the card.

Can anyone please help me out here? I am stuck and Google isn't helping.

Thank You!

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:23:17 PM

this should do it

http://zadig.akeo.ie/    you need those drivers for both CGMINER and BFGMINER with windows "_).

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pyr3x (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:40:20 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 05:38:06 PM by Pyr3x

Well I downloaded this last night as well and ran it as admin and then selected the option to list all devices and then proceeded to replace the driver for the M1 Device.

So after doing so it appears that bfgminer can no longer detect the device and cgminer (4.9.2) detects it as HFB / HFA hash fast device.. but again it doesn't seem to do anything after this, no errors nothing.

Sad

CGMiner Screenshot: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=25C0C35F0E21EB15!407594&authkey=!AMGBNB9c9_JQAgs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG

Edit: Fixed my URL, Sorry

[/quote]

█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:51:03 PM

Well I downloaded this last night as well and ran it as admin and then selected the option to list all devices and then proceeded to replace the driver for the M1 Device.

So after doing so it appears that bfgminer can no longer detect the device and cgminer (4.9.2) detects it as HFB / HFA hash fast device.. but again it doesn't seem to do anything after this, no errors nothing.

Sad

it's hard explain but for bfg you have uninstall it in windows then redo it etc for bfg there is another driver im looking for i haven't  minded on a windows PC in very long time , sense i discovered using PI or cubieboards  works a 100 % better they come with all the drivers needed , but you are having driver issue sadly and windows at least for me is not the best OS to run miners on , I love win 10 as my  Main OS On my pC's after i turn off all the BS but for mining to me it's a waste .

pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:55:43 PM

Your one-drive link doesn't work for me.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 04:57:59 PM

Sad

CGMiner Screenshot: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=25C0C35F0E21EB15!407594&authkey=!AMGBNB9c9_JQAgs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG

[fixed link]

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:06:14 PM

here it is

https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

there is one other driver but I'm almost sure that only works with gridseeds.

it's driver issue in windows or linex etc if bfg is complied wrong in linex you may need to redo a BFG to enable that support in BFG .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:15:14 PM

this also might help

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519943.0

Pyr3x (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:33:24 PM

The original forum thread setup for this spoke about a tool they designed to check the cores etc... Does ANYONE have any of these tools backed up? Firmware etc?

[/quote]

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:38:26 PM

here is those other drivers i could only get it to work with grindseeds

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:42:23 PM

The original forum thread setup for this spoke about a tool they designed to check the cores etc... Does ANYONE have any of these tools backed up? Firmware etc?

one last question  what bfg  or cg miner command line are you using ,  some times not having the right conmans or full set in a line will make both software miners think there is no drivers for the hardware.

other wise

gl

Pyr3x (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:49:53 PM

one last question  what bfg  or cg miner command line are you using ,  some times not having the right conmans or full set in a line will make both software miners think there is no drivers for the hardware.

other wise

gl

Well let me grab a few of the commands I was testing and post them here. I even tried just running the miners and feeding in the URL etc after the fact.

Also, thanks man! Appreciated

[/quote]

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:23:45 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 08:25:34 PM by toptek

other wise

gl

Well let me grab a few of the commands I was testing and post them here. I even tried just running the miners and feeding in the URL etc after the fact

runing it the URL way in most cases won't find a driver unless you  add something like

when it asks for a option i think.

-S all

that lone might find any driver needed if bfg lets says has it enable, I'm looking at the BFG read me to see whats on by default, i know BFG has support for that hardware but can't remember  if that's one you have to enable and  recompile so it is on . same in CFMINER, i like BFG more but both are very good software miners, I use both as needed.

here is a download link to those tools you asked about

https://bitbucket.org/gateway69/hf-tool/downloads

but it looks like you may need a ubuntu OS installed PC or non windows installed  PC for most of those boards to work right or pI, cubieboard, or andriod controllers  if you don't want a full blown PC running them etc

i may try to get few of those boards for fun to learn with .

Pyr3x (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:27:03 PM

other wise

gl

Well let me grab a few of the commands I was testing and post them here. I even tried just running the miners and feeding in the URL etc after the fact

runing it the URL way in most cases won't find a driver unless you  add something like

when it asks for a option i think.

-S all

that lone might find any driver needed if bfg lets says has it enable, I'm looking at the BFG read me to see whats on by default, i know BFG has support for that hardware but can't remember  if that's one you have to enable and  recompile so it is on . same in CFMINER, i like BFG more but both are very good software miners, I use both as needed.

here is a download link to those tools you asked about

https://bitbucket.org/gateway69/hf-tool/downloads

but it looks like you may need a ubuntu OS installed PC or non windows installed  PC for most of those boards to work right or pI, cubieboard, or andriod controllers  if you don't want a full blown PC running them etc

i may try to get few of those boards for fun to learn with .

So I don't mind firing up a linux box to do some more testing with this miner later tonight. As for those tools you posted, those are one of a few tools I am seeking. One tool specifically gives me a GUI representation of the card and displays the actual details from the ASICS. It was called the "pepper-miner-app" and was designed to run on Windows.

Let me try the linux deal tonight and get back to you.

Thanks!

[/quote]

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:01:30 AM

kind looks that way i looked at the thread and most of it was done non windows boxes for the pepper miner or from what i saw most got them running best on linux type boxes .

Pyr3x (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:43:34 PM

Ok this damn thing must be dead: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=25C0C35F0E21EB15!407700&authkey=!AHZ0DstZehAzhoQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG

[/quote]

sobe-it

Activity: 453

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:49:16 PM

look for 2 small buttons.... one is a reset. I bought one off ebay 6 months ago and the guy said it was dead. I got it for $35 shipped and I couldnt get the damn thing to run..... one late night I was going over the pcb with a flashlight and saw the buttons. I pressed the reset and the pc said new usb device and so i ran cgminer and boom it ran flawlessly. before the reset was pressed windows seemed to see the device and cgminer would act wierd but no hashing.
Pyr3x (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:59:09 PM

look for 2 small buttons.... one is a reset. I bought one off ebay 6 months ago and the guy said it was dead. I got it for $35 shipped and I couldnt get the damn thing to run..... one late night I was going over the pcb with a flashlight and saw the buttons. I pressed the reset and the pc said new usb device and so i ran cgminer and boom it ran flawlessly. before the reset was pressed windows seemed to see the device and cgminer would act wierd but no hashing.

You know what is interesting? I do not think I managed to get mine even generating error messages until I pushed that button. However, I didn't may much attention to it. I will mess with it a little more tonight before I call it a loss.

Thanks brother!

[/quote]

sobe-it

Activity: 453

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:11:11 PM

yea there are two resets. one of them worked for me.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:51:46 PM

Sad

Edit: Fixed my URL, Sorry

So you did fix stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 ?
You also could try running it from a Live Linux Usb build, drivers usually aren't an issue then.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: