Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading - Paypal  (Read 1434 times)
scriptman (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:56:16 PM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about starting to sell Bitcoin with Paypal.

Can you advise me on the best practices with this method?

I've read through the related posts and the advice is all scattered.

I would like some experienced traders to give me the heads up for this type of trading.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:17:28 PM

I've recently bought some bitcoins with Paypal through Paxful instead of using Virwox, like I usually do.
Quite a number of vendors on there that earn a lot from the fees, but they are taking a certain amount of risk for that.

I would check it out and see which verification methods they use, since it's pretty risky for you because of possible chargebacks.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:17:52 PM

Advise is scattered but is always the same.

Usually people strongly recommend not to trade with Paypal and with good reason.
Payments you will receive are easily reversible, payments made by you are not.

The refund feature is used a lot and Paypal will always side with the scammer.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:21:01 PM

how long after an exchange is the reversibility possible?

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:49:02 PM

how long after an exchange is the reversibility possible?
I've found various answers to that question.
One source says 40 days, another 180 days or it could depend on the credit card company.

bimasena25

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

https://bitcointester.com/

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 08:06:16 PM

I can exchange bitcoin with other payment methode like paypal, perfectmomey, and others
because I am manage exchanger since 2013

Bitcoin Tester

*Image Removed*
Echye

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:12:32 PM

With paypal the refund will always be the main issue when it comes to trading.
John Lemon

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:04:16 PM

Advice: if you don't want to be scammed then no. Don't do it.
angelakay124

Activity: 126

Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:52:56 AM

I have also heard about virwox but never tried them. Paypal is very strict with their TOS which doesn't allow trading. Specially with the bitcoin they will limit your account and also the buyer can claim refund if they are not loyal to you. Better don't sell bitcoin for paypal.

Provably fair DICE, SLOT and BLACKJACK  
██████████████████████████████████████ CRYPTO-GAMES.NET ██████████████████████████████████████
0.8% House edgeInstant depositFast bets ChatJackpot Starting Faucet 1kMax Faucet 20.5kInvest
GPUmonitor

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:09:21 AM

Yes, paypal's reversibility of payment is a big concern. But many ppl is still one of  the most popular payment methods. Many ppl are using paypal to trade btc. Just notes that always trade with reputaional traders. You will have the least risk of getting scammed.
You can go to currency exchange (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0) .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:34:22 AM

I have also heard about virwox but never tried them. Paypal is very strict with their TOS which doesn't allow trading. Specially with the bitcoin they will limit your account and also the buyer can claim refund if they are not loyal to you. Better don't sell bitcoin for paypal.

virwox will kill your tiny daily profit with their astronomical fee, not worth it in anyway, i'm not sure why people are still so stubborn about using paypal at all cost

get rid of it already it's trash
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:02:00 AM

virwox will kill your tiny daily profit with their astronomical fee, not worth it in anyway, i'm not sure why people are still so stubborn about using paypal at all cost

Yes just now I checked virwox site rate, it is quite high fee. Better to find a way to buy btc in some other ways instead buying from paypal.

Paypal is not a good option for seller because buyer can easily charge back like it is an unauthorised transaction and you need fight for that to prove authorised transaction and it is completely waste of time and peace. Just avoid paypal.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:26:12 AM

I think Paypal is too outdated payment system, there are a lot of others, which can be used for BTC to/from transfers  Wink
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:15:43 PM

You can buy and sell it to your friends or at some reputated members here ,but well in the most places you get chargeback soo you will  be loosing money,instead paypal use bank transfer bettter.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:52:17 PM

Ease of use is the answer. This is why people love PayPal. You just log in with your password and you hit pay. I have a friend that only buys via PayPal online. She refuses to use the credit cards because of the possible fraud as she says. She believes that PayPal is much safer.

Now why people want to use PayPal to buy bitcoins? Something tells me that there is a lot of scams attempts involved here.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:03:12 AM

Ease of use is the answer. This is why people love PayPal. You just log in with your password and you hit pay. I have a friend that only buys via PayPal online. She refuses to use the credit cards because of the possible fraud as she says. She believes that PayPal is much safer.

Now why people want to use PayPal to buy bitcoins? Something tells me that there is a lot of scams attempts involved here.

there are other easy to use method, but they are still with paypal, i think it has to do with being accustomed, when you are accustomed to a thing for a very long time, it's very hard to change your mind about something else

this is another reason why bitcoin is stuck there
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:13:09 AM

Just a note for everybody wanting to pay and or accept Paypal.

I was recently scammed, my own stupidity, while trying to buy btc through Paypal. Everybody always says that Paypal is reversible etc but this is not always the case. If the payment is made as a Family/Friends payment then its not reversible or rather Paypal will not reverse the transaction.

These payments fall outside the 'buyer protection', see reply below I received from Paypal after I tried to reverse the payment I made when I did not receive the btc I bought.

So if you buy with Paypal and you do a 'Family/Friends' type payment then consider it as final as you will not be able to reverse it and or claim under the buyer protection. It has to be a business transaction.

Personal payments are not intended for the purchase of goods or services from sellers and therefore cannot be disputed.

Personal payments can be used for the following:
Sending a gift
Sharing a lunch bill
Paying your share of the living expenses
Sending money to friends and family.

As Personal payments are not for the purchase of goods, there is no buyer or seller protection offered on these transactions and as such, a buyer dispute cannot be opened.
Purchase payments are for paying for an item, such as something won on eBay. You can open claims for these payments, as they might be eligible for coverage under PayPal Buyer Protection.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:35:28 AM

there are other easy to use method, but they are still with paypal, i think it has to do with being accustomed, when you are accustomed to a thing for a very long time, it's very hard to change your mind about something else

this is another reason why bitcoin is stuck there

Exactly the point I am trying to make. There are numerous other ways to pay at the moment, PayPal is not the only one, and they all work fairly well.

We all need to understand that the average Joe out there doesn't care about the decentralization and will not care at least not until these centralized systems don't byte him in the a**!
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:21:45 PM

Well i didnt know make personal payments wouldnt be protected by the chargeback,but i pretty sure in some cases they will reverse the transaction,paypal is or were the biggest payment processor,because they avoid hyip and other scam sites,they focus into honesty,even knowing that ptc may lead into scam but well ,they made their name along the years now is the same as facebook all people use it till a new and better social appears if facebook allows to grow if dont buy it like whatsapp done.
SerenaL

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:12:35 PM

There are sellers on localbitcoins that request photocopies of buyers' ID's just, but that may not even help reverse a chargeback. Many sellers also sell bitcoin for Paypal at ridiculously high rates to help make up for the chargeback risk.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: