Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amount of Bitcoin for a profit on Trading ?  (Read 1465 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6176

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:26:55 PM

I'am not good at trading honestly , I basically only sell goods or buy them , mostly sell them and just hold my BTC so I'am not sure how all this trading story works ...  but as I start I'd like to know how much the minimum amount needed to start trading with so it's possible to make a decent profit from it ? (Don't recommend me of gambling because I won't)

I may also take a look at this : https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-trading/ but I'am not sure how good is it .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:32:49 PM

I'am not good at trading honestly , I basically only sell goods or buy them , mostly sell them and just hold my BTC so I'am not sure how all this trading story works ...  but as I start I'd like to know how much the minimum amount needed to start trading with so it's possible to make a decent profit from it ? (Don't recommend me of gambling because I won't)

I may also take a look at this : https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-trading/ but I'am not sure how good is it .

Trading is gambling. If you do not know this, you are far from profiting from trading.
bimasena25

Activity: 187

https://bitcointester.com/

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 08:02:44 PM

first, recommended you invest no more than 0.01 bitcoin and doing full test system

Bitcoin Tester

*Image Removed*
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:33:06 PM

if you're not good at trading then it is better to buy low and sell after a while. don't get involved in day trading at this point. the minimum amount for investing is up to you. what's your balance? one person has 0.5btc to trade with, and the other has more than 100btc to invest.
angelakay124

Activity: 126

Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:43:09 AM

I also suggest the same there is high risk of loss if you don't know anything about trading. Specially you have to keep an eye on lots of currency related news, frequently visit currency related blogs,tips etc to make profitable decisions. You better first learn how trading works and how to make profit than try your luck in it.

Provably fair DICE, SLOT and BLACKJACK  
██████████████████████████████████████ CRYPTO-GAMES.NET ██████████████████████████████████████
0.8% House edgeInstant depositFast bets ChatJackpot Starting Faucet 1kMax Faucet 20.5kInvest
phonebased

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:23:36 AM

I have to tell you most of the pp are losing money from trading even they get involved in it for long time. Trading needs to have some kind of knowledge or strategy otherwise you are wasting money. For you, I reccommend to invest for the long term.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:52:48 AM

I also suggest the same there is high risk of loss if you don't know anything about trading. Specially you have to keep an eye on lots of currency related news, frequently visit currency related blogs,tips etc to make profitable decisions. You better first learn how trading works and how to make profit than try your luck in it.

How I'am supposed to learn about trading  exactly then ? and how people learned it. should the Udemy course I shown above do the job ?

if you're not good at trading then it is better to buy low and sell after a while. don't get involved in day trading at this point. the minimum amount for investing is up to you. what's your balance? one person has 0.5btc to trade with, and the other has more than 100btc to invest.

I don't really like the idea to reveal how much I have but no I'am not rich , but you could say I have 1BTC and I'am not sure how good is that for trading as a start .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 10:36:49 PM

Hello Omega

I am no trading expert in crypto, although I did it for some time with stocks some years ago. In my opinion you learn a lot just from trying and learning what the chart means, learning to limit buy and sell orders etc, and cryptos are a GREAT opportunity for learning without risking significant money.

If I were in your place I would start with 0.001 or so and try for a week or two at first. As you try and start, you will get ideas for creating a spreadsheet to record your tradings and calculating price averages, profits, fees and all that. Then you can decide to invest more.

As for day trading or not, I think one can risk day trading with these (low) amounts of money to see how it is like. I remember doing that when I sold/bought stocks. I would do something as checking the day before chart and putting an order to buy at a reasonable price, then (when the order fired) I would calculate a minimum profit (between 0-1%) and put a sell order for that price. If the price went down instead of up, I would decide whether to buy again to compensate or accepting loss. This method more or less worked except for some moments that prices would just go down and down with no fluctuation. I bought and sold in about 200-500$ increments (with the fees it was the only way of gettin profit) but with cryptos you can risk much less and try.

I have applied the same to crypto in the LTC/BTC pair for some days, but I decided to quit trading as I felt a little obsessed with prices and thinking about it and wanted to have some peace of mind.

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:06:43 AM

If I were in your place I would start with 0.001 or so and try for a week or two at first. As you try and start, you will get ideas for creating a spreadsheet to record your tradings and calculating price averages, profits, fees and all that. Then you can decide to invest more.

Very good suggestion. If you're new to trading then better start with less money until you become familiar with the system.

I have to tell you most of the pp are losing money from trading even they get involved in it for long time. Trading needs to have some kind of knowledge or strategy otherwise you are wasting money. For you, I reccommend to invest for the long term.

This is very true. Most of the traders will lose money instead of making money from the system. Even experts also can't predict the price movements in Forex markets so you should be very careful when you enter into trading.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:21:30 AM

Very good suggestion. If you're new to trading then better start with less money until you become familiar with the system.

This is very true. Most of the traders will lose money instead of making money from the system. Even experts also can't predict the price movements in Forex markets so you should be very careful when you enter into trading.

thanks for the suggestions guys , but how I'am supposed to make any profit using 0.001 BTC even if it's just for testing , pretty sure profit will be like 0.001 cents or some thing like that

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:41:39 PM

When I was trading back in a day, I have done it with 2 BTCs. I don't know, this was an amount with which I could make a decent ROI and if an exchange went bust, I would survive somehow. Of course, you can trade with as much as you want and take risk that you feel comfortable with.

Word of advice here, there is no much money to be made in trading nowadays. There is no volatility in Bitcoin or in alts, crypto is in a depression so alts are going pretty much only down. I just gave it up in April of this year.

Good luck!
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 06:19:07 PM

thanks for the suggestions guys , but how I'am supposed to make any profit using 0.001 BTC even if it's just for testing , pretty sure profit will be like 0.001 cents or some thing like that
I suggest starting out with a slightly bigger amount, like 0.10 BTC and look into investing in altcoins after carefully researching them.
Just learn by watching/reading tutorials, there are enough free resources out there!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:37:48 AM

trading it's a bit like poker, you need a bankroll and begin with something like 1/100 or 1/1000 of that bankroll, then you should study the trend of the market, and learn to read graphs

i guess that you can start as a low as 0.01, with a bankroll of 1 btc, i was doing this on 1broker
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:52:51 AM

trading it's a bit like poker, you need a bankroll and begin with something like 1/100 or 1/1000 of that bankroll, then you should study the trend of the market, and learn to read graphs

i guess that you can start as a low as 0.01, with a bankroll of 1 btc, i was doing this on 1broker

Yes but what in the world are you going to gain if you starts with such a low amount? You will just waste much of your time. I don't know, I would just lose my nerves and stop doing it altogether if I was to mess with such a low amounts.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:57:36 AM

It's simple rule-The more bankroll you have for trading the more you can profit or loss.
But i will suggest you to have atleast 0.1BTC as you are just starting up and don't just trade anything..if you trade on anything without using your mind theb it will be gambling so better i would advice you to learn different trading startagies,then practice them on simulator and then if you feel confident then go for real trading.Trading can be fun and very profitable if you do that in limit and know when to go home with the profit so never risk what you can't afford to lose Smiley
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:39:12 AM

and look into investing in altcoins after carefully researching them.
Just learn by watching/reading tutorials, there are enough free resources out there!
Even though 0.1 BTC isn't that much, I would totally recommend against this. 99% of all Altcoins are pure scams and are constructed to rip people off. Even if it works out nicely once or twice, at some point, it'll work out for the other party involved and you get rid of your precious Bitcoin.
I fell prey to cloak, back in the days. I won't blame Bobsurplus - the only reason I failed was because I got greedy. Got decent returns in the first run and I thought "hell, I can repeat this easily", and then, the price fell and fell, and Alty visited the thread less and less often to update people, who got more and more delusional.

If you care to keep your BTC and maybe increase it, I'd stay away from Altcoins as far as possible. What do you think why scammers create them over and over? Because it makes good money for the users? Hell, no.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:15:56 PM

We know that new altcoins ,most of dev are scam attemps to take some bitcoins,soo must avoid them as ico .Altcoins is very volatil at the moment and a huge opportunity to make more bitcoins,risk benefict is high usually the most safe altcoins moove something around 5 to 20% daily ,loosing value and getting value.My advice is to play with 1 bitcoin,making small orders of 0.02 up to 0.05 at each coin ,this way will have a diverse portfolio,before invest should choose the coin you wanna to play,my advice choose those who has interest,meaning,some buy and sell above at 5 btc daily.These way you will be able to saw minimum and maximum value of the currency ,and choose better the moment to enter at it ,knowing that will be week where those crypto will gain value and others that will loose value,dont be too much ambicious and put a % fixed ratio to collect your profit when the currency achieves it dont let it on the green dreaming to get more % usually it lost all value and can became a loss.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

You can try trading with other thing such cloudmining hashrate at hashnest. IMO the market is more stable and easier to manage as less people are using it compared to trading ALT coins. Although, it involves a different kind of asset so learning about how it works is important. You can start relatively small and there are no fees on S3 S4 and S5 so that makes things a little easier.
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:18:58 PM

I'am not good at trading honestly , I basically only sell goods or buy them , mostly sell them and just hold my BTC so I'am not sure how all this trading story works ... 

Its not as easy as it looks.

You can always try a demo trading site like http://www.coinmarketplayer.com/   or  I think BTC-E offers a meta trading option as well,  and just see how it goes.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:23:39 PM

Trading is a risky thing, you have to start with what you can afford to lose..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: