Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:56:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitTeaser: Scrypt.cc is a sketchy cloud mining?  (Read 447 times)
btcteaser (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:32:58 PM

Scrypt.cc got on the wrong path, recently has stolen funds of their own users. Cloud mining services are famous for pretty sketchy reputation in the crypto world. To add, lately, certain cloud mining services were caught to be regular pyramid scheme.  

Scrypt.cc: rehab after hacks and loss of 3500 BTC

Majority are not even surprised by Scrypt.cc announcement about being hacked. The company cloud attracted a lot of attention from investors, but also hackers and people with less honorable intentions.  Taking into consideration that the company was keeping funds in hot wallet, it was only the question of time, when hackers find the way or time to attack Scrypt.cc.

And the major attack happened in June 2015, when 3500 BTC were stolen from the wallet, and most part of the funds belonged to the company itself.  In general, users’ money was not touched, what is pretty surprising. But then again, storing a large amount of money in your hot wallet, and be permanently connected to the Internet is not a wise decision.

However, customers Scrypt.cc still felt the effects. Income from of mining decreased by 80%, and it seemed it should allow the company to make up for the loss of Scrypt.cc. However, users of Scrypt.cc still felt the consequences. Income from mining decreased by 80%, and it seemed like that was supposed to be like a help to compensate the loss, so instead of regarding the situation as a loss, owners of the mining platform decided to take money from the funds that should be paid to customers.

Since income was seriously diminished, most users of Scrypt.cc started selling their cloud computing power to compensate at least some of their own expenses. This led to a drastic reduction in the cost for each kh / s, and almost triggered market collapse.
But that's not the worst, because it seems that the owners of the platform managed to take control of the situation, and decided to slightly reduce the balance on the users’ accounts by offering in return pathetic mining capacities.

Reinvestment without customers’ agreement

Read full article via BitTeaser - advertising crypto network
https://www.bitteaser.com/press-releases/?title=scryptcc-is-a-sketchy-cloud-mining

Follow: https://twitter.com/Bitteaser
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:09:47 PM

i am glad i dodge this bullet, i do know some people made a killing off this site when they dumped their khs but yeah, dont invest what you cant afford to lose  Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:18:43 PM

"hack"

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:49:51 PM

Scrypt is already smell like a scam long time ago, but people to greedy because their ROI is guaranteed and ect.
the review of this site is a lot in negative, especially in this forum.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:11:43 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 08:29:23 PM by Paul Revere

Scrypt is already smell like a scam long time ago, but people to greedy because their ROI is guaranteed and ect.
the review of this site is a lot in negative, especially in this forum.

Yep. I think the largest group of suckers that bought into SCC is the Paycoiners. Was hyped hardcore on all of the Paycoiner forums. There were rumors at one point about Garza being involved in SCC even, although I never personally saw any proof. And those Paycoiners were so positive that  investing in Magic Peas would  recoup their losses from their failed Magic Bean investment, which they continue to water every day, to this day.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: