Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:31:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you tried XAPO debit card?  (Read 12720 times)
bitart (OP)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:41:08 PM

I have received my XAPO debit card (VISA) and have tried it in the EU. I have noticed that if you pay in a different currency, e.g. the card is USD and you pay in EUR, they charge you 3% more.
I would be happy to know how do you use your card, e.g. mainly ATM cashout or POS payment etc.
Are there any problems with the acceptance of the card? E.g. the shop doesn't recognize the issuer (debit) and doesn't want to accept the card despite of the VISA logo?
Thanks!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:26:35 AM

No, I haven't used the Xapo debit card yet. Although I am planning on getting one but I believe I can't use it here in my country.

crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 10:31:52 AM

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago but until now haven't received the card yet, can't wait though to try it out. Will keep you guys posted on my experience with it.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:37:25 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 10:52:35 AM by Slark

I have received my XAPO debit card (VISA) and have tried it in the EU. I have noticed that if you pay in a different currency, e.g. the card is USD and you pay in EUR, they charge you 3% more.
I would be happy to know how do you use your card, e.g. mainly ATM cashout or POS payment etc.
Are there any problems with the acceptance of the card? E.g. the shop doesn't recognize the issuer (debit) and doesn't want to accept the card despite of the VISA logo?
Thanks!
Aren't we bitcoin users exactly because we did not want to pay horrendous exchange fees and we wanted direct control and ability to manage our money? Bitcoin Debit/Credit cards are a cancer imo. (additional 3%, really?!) you think you are supporting bitcoin by using them? You are not.
DataGroup

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:41:28 AM

I got my card 6 weeks ago. I used it only once without any problems. My Currency is €, so no problems with exchange fees.

futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:59:07 AM

Thanks!
Aren't we bitcoin users exactly because we did not want to pay horrendous exchange fees and we wanted direct control and ability to manage our money? Bitcoin Debit/Credit cards are a cancer imo. (additional 3%, really?!) you think you are supporting bitcoin by using them? You are not.

In my country if I pay around two to three percent fee then they will transfer my money to by bank account. So I feel that is less fee compared to these debit card charges.

I haven't tried so for any these bitcoin debit cards but in future I may try  Wink
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:11:46 PM

Currently i am afraid to use these debit cards because the prices are going over my head and they also charge money for atm withdrawl too. I am happy to wait for some more time to see lowered prices and then will apply for one.

Same here. I wanted to give it a try. Just because of higher fees I decided not to go for Xapo debit card right away. But surely I will give it a try when bitcoin prices to sky scrappers. I feel using bitcoin for daily needs very much needed. So, using bitcoin in the mode of debit cards would be very useful.
Operand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:57:48 PM

Actually the Xapo card is really good. If you have to go abroad and essentially your bitcoin, its perfect.

Also, its alot quicker and perhaps cheaper than LocalBitcoins to cash out bitcoins. Yes they do charge a fee, but their exchange rate is very reasonable as opposed to the premium you would pay to sell on LBC.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:47:02 PM

Thanks!

As you can see I'm new on this forum and completly new to bitcoin. I have started to read the forum from the beginning, and I haven't finished it yet.
The reason why I have tried this card is that I wanted to know if I will have bitcoins in the future, how I can spend it in the easiest way. LBC is not an option in my town, and maybe it doesn't worth my time to change the btc to fiat with someone personally.
The card will exchange for me the exact amount I need and this is comfortable for me. (I'm lazy Smiley )
And I think this can be the link between the average (lazy) people and bitcoin. Most of you guys are really tech or geek I think (me too). But if e.g. Average Joe can go to the shop with his card and can pay with it from his btc wallet without any hassle, maybe it can support bitcoin to spread faster.
I'm new to bitcoin, but I'm ready to learn, I just need to get directions what is the way forward, this is why I ask questions and read the forum. So mercy please, I really want to support bitcoin in the future Smiley
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:07:52 PM

Thanks!

As you can see I'm new on this forum and completly new to bitcoin. I have started to read the forum from the beginning, and I haven't finished it yet.
The reason why I have tried this card is that I wanted to know if I will have bitcoins in the future, how I can spend it in the easiest way. LBC is not an option in my town, and maybe it doesn't worth my time to change the btc to fiat with someone personally.
The card will exchange for me the exact amount I need and this is comfortable for me. (I'm lazy Smiley )
And I think this can be the link between the average (lazy) people and bitcoin. Most of you guys are really tech or geek I think (me too). But if e.g. Average Joe can go to the shop with his card and can pay with it from his btc wallet without any hassle, maybe it can support bitcoin to spread faster.
I'm new to bitcoin, but I'm ready to learn, I just need to get directions what is the way forward, this is why I ask questions and read the forum. So mercy please, I really want to support bitcoin in the future Smiley

Well, the ultimate goal should be getting paid on Bitcoin and having merchants everywhere, so you simply have to download Mycellium in your phone, transact pocket money on there just as you would carry a physical wallet and that's all. All other workarounds aren't as cool and aren't a true new alternatiev economy arising because they depend too much on fiat and the old system.
crazy-pilot

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 08:46:02 AM

I ordered the card right away, what was your delivery time?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:35:57 AM

What makes it better than SEPA withdrawal from an exchange?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:29:47 PM

I got my card 6 weeks ago. I used it only once without any problems. My Currency is €, so no problems with exchange fees.

fees are lower if you use euro? how ti work, because i've always avoided to kind of card because of high fees
koinsuka

Activity: 164

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 04:59:23 PM

with this nice feature from Xapo debit card, can this system for doing deposit, withdraw at bank machine, or transfer to others?
how long time we can get card from start submit?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:12:15 PM

I've ordered the card on 4th september and arrived on 11th september. It was issued in Giblaltar, so to send it to EU is not a big deal. I don't know if you order it from overseas, what is the difference in shipping time.
You should check the fees on the xapo website. In my case, there was one time cost (issuer fee) but purchase on POS terminals is free. ATM withdrawal has similar fees like the fiat cards' at my bank.
Interesting, that my firs purchase was a Coke for .99 EUR. Later on I have checked my transaction history and the purchase was .81 EUR (the bitcoin amount that was debited on my card was equal to less EUR when the payment had been cleared) Maybe it depends on the current BTC/EUR exchange rate, that can vary because of it's high volatility. It's possible that when I have payed with the card, the BTC was a bit weaker but later on when the payment had been cleared the BTC had gained strength and the same EUR had cost less BTC. If it's true, the opposite situation can also happen and if the BTC becomes weaker later on that coke could have cost me 1.11 EUR as well in the end.
As I have only used my card a few times since then, I'm not sure yet about the exchange process and about the process of the payment clearing.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:21:28 PM

I think if you want to use the card instead of your fiat bank card on everyday living expenses (because you want to spend the hard earned bitcoins in the real world without hassle) you only need to make sure that your xapo wallet has enouh bitcoins, you don't need to exchange some BTC to local currency beforehead, card (and xapo) does it for you time to time when you use your card on a POS.
Of course if you want to deal with a bigger amount of BTC, SEPA should be easier for one time transactions.
crazy-pilot

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 09:46:20 AM

Well it look like I already had the card in my possession for a week! The card is send in a blank enveloppe. And nothing about Xapo is mentioned in the letter attached. It tells you to activate it at mychoicecorporate.com. The card looks black and as a "company text" just had debit card.

It seems Xapo took the easy route, that company just makes creditcards for private (personal) and companies in volume.

In the letter it tells you to activate it on that website, why not Xapo? There is no way whatsoever when you receive it that you know it's the Xapo card, it looks like you've just received a debit card, I even wondered where it came from because I didn't order anything like that (except Xapo of course).

The card activation process does NOT work, they have system issues at  mychoicecorporate.com, i've contacted support and the answer was: "We are working on it, we have problems with our systems on multiple levels, we have no estimate when it will be solved".

After this I contacted Xapo when I would receive my card, because it's been 25 days. They told me that I would receive a blank letter, with a unbranded creditcard, black color, visa, and my name already on it. So that is how I found out that it's actually the Xapo card.

I told support about the activation problem, their response was: "You don't have to activate the card, you already did so and set your pin in our Xapo app.", after which I tried paying with the card and it got rejected, obviously it has to be activated, as said in the letter and even on the card[b/].

Your whole card management will be done on another companies website, not Xapo.

I must say if it works it is all fine but:

• The card should be branded with the Xapo logo
  • The letter should clearly state that it is the Xapo card
  • Personal letter from Xapo how to activate, and how this card works with the mychoicecorporate.com online account management vs. Xapo app
  • Xapo support reply is fast, that is one thing, until it gets complicated and they seem not informed about the Xapo card

Again for the people interested, i'll keep you posted with how things will go from here, I hope my post helps other people through this strange and unclear process.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:29:52 PM

I have received it in blank envelope as well.
If you have a closer look on the attached letter, there is an option in connection wit the card activation that tells you that you can choose to activate the card on the issuer's website (xapo)
On the xapo site I have activated the card, it was an easy, few minutes process. They have send me a link to a secured site where I got my PIN to the card. The whole process had the two factor authentication, I had to use the 15 seconds 6 digit random code from my mobile app to be able to view the PIN and to activate the card.
And that was all, the card is OK, activated and working.
Personally I don't care that there is no Xapo logo on the card, maybe it saves me a few questions in the shops.
Also, to be a bit paranoid, I don't mind that the attached letter doesn't mention Xapo. If the letter got lost on it's way to me, it could be hardly be guessed what kind of card is it, so nobody will spend my bitcoins Smiley
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3169

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:58:05 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 06:51:39 AM by examplens

i think that it is best to use currency which is the most common in your country. in your case, since you are from EU, you make default euro.
place a euro like default currency , Do not exchange on ATM or POS

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:08:33 PM

Well it look like I already had the card in my possession for a week! The card is send in a blank enveloppe. And nothing about Xapo is mentioned in the letter attached. It tells you to activate it at mychoicecorporate.com. The card looks black and as a "company text" just had debit card.

It seems Xapo took the easy route, that company just makes creditcards for private (personal) and companies in volume.

In the letter it tells you to activate it on that website, why not Xapo? There is no way whatsoever when you receive it that you know it's the Xapo card, it looks like you've just received a debit card, I even wondered where it came from because I didn't order anything like that (except Xapo of course).

The card activation process does NOT work, they have system issues at  mychoicecorporate.com, i've contacted support and the answer was: "We are working on it, we have problems with our systems on multiple levels, we have no estimate when it will be solved".

After this I contacted Xapo when I would receive my card, because it's been 25 days. They told me that I would receive a blank letter, with a unbranded creditcard, black color, visa, and my name already on it. So that is how I found out that it's actually the Xapo card.

I told support about the activation problem, their response was: "You don't have to activate the card, you already did so and set your pin in our Xapo app.", after which I tried paying with the card and it got rejected, obviously it has to be activated, as said in the letter and even on the card[b/].

Your whole card management will be done on another companies website, not Xapo.

I must say if it works it is all fine but:

• The card should be branded with the Xapo logo
  • The letter should clearly state that it is the Xapo card
  • Personal letter from Xapo how to activate, and how this card works with the mychoicecorporate.com online account management vs. Xapo app
  • Xapo support reply is fast, that is one thing, until it gets complicated and they seem not informed about the Xapo card

Again for the people interested, i'll keep you posted with how things will go from here, I hope my post helps other people through this strange and unclear process.

I think that this company that issues these debit cards is using also the e-coin exchange.
They offer also the same type (bitcoin debit card) but it works a bit different because you have to convert first in their website then using the balance on the card, somebody has received the same design (blank black) of the debit card.
rychallenge

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:12:30 AM

Mine still hasn't been delivered ...
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:17:53 PM

i think that it is best to use currency which is the most common in your country. in your case, since you are from EU, you make default euro.
place a euro like default currency , Do not exchange on ATM or POS
Thanks, good idea.
I'll try it.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:07:28 PM

Mine still hasn't been delivered ...

How many days has been since you have made the order request.
May i know from which country are these debit cards shipped from?
I still have not seen the sell price of bitcoin in their internal exchange which is not publicly for everyone.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:13:15 PM

Mine has arrived from Gibraltar (GB), with Royal Mail (GB) per airmail. It was really fast, both of us are in the EU
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:06:14 PM

Mine has arrived from Gibraltar (GB), with Royal Mail (GB) per airmail. It was really fast, both of us are in the EU

Great to hear feedbacks from bitcointalk users Smiley
May i ask you something about the time, how long did it take to be delivered to you from the date that you ordered it?
Can you tell us price of bitcoin in their XAPO internal exchange to sell your bitcoin comparing to coindesk price at the same time?
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:10:09 PM

I've ordered the card on 4th september and arrived on 11th september. It was issued in Giblaltar, so to send it to EU is not a big deal. I don't know if you order it from overseas, what is the difference in shipping time.
You should check the fees on the xapo website. In my case, there was one time cost (issuer fee) but purchase on POS terminals is free. ATM withdrawal has similar fees like the fiat cards' at my bank.
Interesting, that my firs purchase was a Coke for .99 EUR. Later on I have checked my transaction history and the purchase was .81 EUR (the bitcoin amount that was debited on my card was equal to less EUR when the payment had been cleared) Maybe it depends on the current BTC/EUR exchange rate, that can vary because of it's high volatility. It's possible that when I have payed with the card, the BTC was a bit weaker but later on when the payment had been cleared the BTC had gained strength and the same EUR had cost less BTC. If it's true, the opposite situation can also happen and if the BTC becomes weaker later on that coke could have cost me 1.11 EUR as well in the end.
As I have only used my card a few times since then, I'm not sure yet about the exchange process and about the process of the payment clearing.

Well it was about a week or a bit more to arrive. It was a few days time also when I have ordered the card and they sent me the confirmation email that the card has been issued and has sent to my address.
As I'm a newbie I'm not really familier with the different exchanges so I can't tell you the differences yet. I'll be a bit more experienced and I'll let you know. (But it's possible that by that time you'll have your own experience also) Smiley
MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:51:23 AM

Thanks!

Not yet but I already applied to get one, it makes biticoins safer. And it has a lot of helpful features in it that I would love to try. 
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:08:24 PM

Well it was about a week or a bit more to arrive. It was a few days time also when I have ordered the card and they sent me the confirmation email that the card has been issued and has sent to my address.
As I'm a newbie I'm not really familier with the different exchanges so I can't tell you the differences yet. I'll be a bit more experienced and I'll let you know. (But it's possible that by that time you'll have your own experience also) Smiley

Ok i will tell you how to do what i asked in the last post,
Firstly go to http://www.coindesk.com/price/ and check what is the price of bitcoin in usd and in eur
Secondly go to the xapo wallet and check the price of bitcoin to sell (not to buy) and tell us the results.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:54:55 PM

I have tried that but without success.
I have managed to check the prices on coindesk, but in the xapo wallet you can't find the price for selling bitcoin.
Xapo FAQ says:
"
Can I sell my bitcoins through Xapo?
We currently do not have this functionality. In order to spend the bitcoins in your Xapo Wallet we recommend signing up for the Xapo Debit Card.
"
So it seems you can buy bitcoins with xapo but then you should transfer them or spend them with the debit card.

Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:35:50 PM

It will useless since in my country there's not merchant accepting bitcoin..
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:25:16 PM

There is none in my country as well.
I have used the xapo card in normal everyday shops, restaurant, chains, etc.
They just checked that the card is VISA and that was all.
I can use it like a normal bank card, the normal payment is arranged between the shop (gas station, restaurant, etc) and VISA, the bitcoin part is arranged between VISA and XAPO meanwhile.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:36:48 PM

It will useless since in my country there's not merchant accepting bitcoin..

U kind of missed the point. Bitcoin debit cards take funds from your account on their site; to all merchants it should be the same like any other
VISA card. I don't use xapo card, but the one i have works flawlessly on all stores i was at.
Operand

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:12:23 PM

One little qualm i have with the xapo card, is that the transaction fee's are reasonable, but the exchange rate isn't entirely clear. One good use I have had with XAPO is cashing out Bitcoin instead of going through LocalBitcoins, originally I thought the rate would be better, but it turns out its worse.
Everybitbit

Activity: 224

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:27:27 AM

how you received that XAPO card? is it expensive? i mean the shipping or any other fee? im interested to have one too Cheesy what the minimum to have in xapo wallet

bitgolden
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1128

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:22:01 AM

how you received that XAPO card? is it expensive? i mean the shipping or any other fee? im interested to have one too Cheesy what the minimum to have in xapo wallet
If anybody share the fees related to Xapo card would be appreciable. Because I could not find the fees and limitations and initial shipping cost for a debit card in their website. I guess it would be easier to convert bitcoin into fiat if we have a debit card.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:21:21 PM

If anybody share the fees related to Xapo card would be appreciable. Because I could not find the fees and limitations and initial shipping cost for a debit card in their website. I guess it would be easier to convert bitcoin into fiat if we have a debit card.

Here is the complete details of the fees and limits for the xapo debit cards:

https://aws2.inbenta.com/OnlineResources/xapo_en/Screen%20Shot%202015-07-27%20at%2016.54.31.png

I am only afraid of the internal fee(when you sell your bitcoins for fiat money) which is only available when you receive the card which still i have no information.
flock123

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:14:15 PM

no, I do not use a xapo debit card , because I do not know what it xapo
jt byte

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:17:01 PM

no, I do not use a xapo debit card , because I do not know what it xapo
Xapo is a Switzerland-based company that provides a bitcoin wallet combined with a cold storage vault and a bitcoin-based debit card.
Recently they introduced the new bitcoin debit card where you can spend your bitcoins and withdraw from ATM
And the rate of the bitcoin will be taken at the moment that you requested that action.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:31:13 PM

It's interesting, because when I have used my card the first time, I checked the transaction log immediately. It showed that a Coke was 0.81 EUR roughly, the BTC amount was specified. I have checked back several times and later on the EUR amount changed to 0.84 EUR, with the same BTC amount.
This only makes sense for me if the transaction log shows the EUR amount based on the actual exchange rate and not on the historic one before the transaction completes on the bitcoin chain. So it has changed a bit, but after the transaction status has changed to "sent" instead of "pending" the EUR amount has not changed anymore.
Does anyone have similar experience?
Preen

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:12:31 AM

Really useful for using your bitcoins for everyday purchases, saves you having to answer stupid questions from coinbase, or risk your bank account getting flagged if you're using LocalBitcoins to cash out.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:01:49 PM

Really useful for using your bitcoins for everyday purchases, saves you having to answer stupid questions from coinbase, or risk your bank account getting flagged if you're using LocalBitcoins to cash out.
Please let me know a bit more about this flagging because of LocalBitcoins. I have never tried it yet but as I have imagined it is just a help for the seller and the buyer to find each other. I thought that the phisical transaction uses only the bitcoin wallets and phisical money (bank notes, etc) at a personal meeting but not bank account.
Do you mean that if you want to exchange your BTC to money you need to provide a bank account to receive the money?
Sorry for noob questions, I'm new to the world of BTC, but I'm about to educate myself on the subject Smiley
Nocturne

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:30:18 AM

Thanks!

Not yet but I'm planning to I heard it is pretty amazing using it makes everything so convenient.
Nidaleee

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:05:54 AM

Thanks!

Yes it is amazing because it has low interest compared to the one I'm using before. Better try it.
Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:13:40 AM

Thanks!

Not yet, but I heard so much good things about it that makes me want to try it. I like how it help giving people convenience.
Nasus

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:43:42 AM

Thanks!

Yes I have been using it, it is recently available here in our area all I can say is it is great easy to use and it is accepted in most stores.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 11:00:49 PM

Has anyone tried these kind of cards at automatic gas stations? With a normal embossed card you will have an amount of 50-100 USD (or equivalent in the card's currency) on hold and been released after payment has cleared later on.
Does anyone faced this kind of problem (or not problem) with the bitcoin cards as well?
Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 11:07:46 PM

I think you should also ask your question in "Official Xapo Service Discussion", there are more Xapo debit card users.
TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

Activity: 2982

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

i've tried xapo for once , got the debit card after 4 months requesting  Undecided , and they didnt notice me when they'd change the address, thats make me lose about 0.04BTC

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:30:10 PM

i was interested in getting one xapo debit card but it is telling that for indian peoples it is not applicable. so we cannot apply and utilize the bitcoin debit card.

Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:33:29 PM

It works as normal credit cards, but it can be used on bitcoin exchanges that are using 3d security visa/mastercads .
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:43:32 PM

i was interested in getting one xapo debit card but it is telling that for indian peoples it is not applicable. so we cannot apply and utilize the bitcoin debit card.
This is sad fact I was also interested in this card but after watching Indians cannot apply for this now I am ready to use bit-x as its also very good in utilize
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:41:51 AM

I would like to try it but I won't be paying that high fee to get it just yet. While Xapo is nice and all, I think the whole security stuff is a little overdone, I guess there was a lot of issues to justify this in the Bitcoin community, but to access your wallet sometimes you have to bypass three different security walls, password, pin and security sms code.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:18:39 AM

This is sad fact I was also interested in this card but after watching Indians cannot apply for this now I am ready to use bit-x as its also very good in utilize
That is why I don't bother with bitcoin debits cards, they are not good tool and in fact are very limiting instead. They are just like fancy gadget and not real solution when you want to use your bitcoins, like artificial hand.
absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:46:03 AM

i wish i could use it.. but it is not available in my country.

Hope it would extend here too ..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:27:13 AM

does the bit-x had feature like XAPO? it'll be interesting if bit-x can be my primary debit card in the future  Cool

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Lasergun
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 09:24:03 AM

does the bit-x had feature like XAPO? it'll be interesting if bit-x can be my primary debit card in the future  Cool

Bit-x debit card is issued by the same company (Wave Crest Corporate) and have similar features but the fees are slightly different. You can find more info in their official thread.
jt byte

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Bit-x debit card is issued by the same company (Wave Crest Corporate) and have similar features but the fees are slightly different. You can find more info in their official thread.

These extra fees seems that will go only to the bit-x exchange/company.
I took a look at the e-coin but they are having issues loading the cards.
Personally i think that at the moment xapo seems more reasonable card even though it has some hidden fees.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:22:10 AM

i use XAPO to get faucet payout, but i don't use their debit card, their fees seem pretty high.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:21:29 PM

i use XAPO to get faucet payout, but i don't use their debit card, their fees seem pretty high.
Can you tell me a bit more about these XAPO related faucets? Are they worth the time, what amount of bitcoin you can get from them?
I've heared about some faucets where you can get some extra bitcoins if you use your xapo address. Is this real?
Lasergun
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:49:08 PM

Can you tell me a bit more about these XAPO related faucets? Are they worth the time, what amount of bitcoin you can get from them?
I've heared about some faucets where you can get some extra bitcoins if you use your xapo address. Is this real?

Faucets use the Xapo because all payments inside the Xapo are free and instant what is very convenient for microtransactions. Here are some of them: Bitcoin Zebra, moon bitcoin, bitcoinker. The time of the Xapo Promotion Campaign when they paid extra bitcoins to your Xapo account is over. So, they do not make much sense now...
tom555

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:51:05 PM

i never try cc from xapo,but i think that not good for my country.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:03:19 PM

Xapo offers debit card but it's country specific as the most of the countries will not allow this kind of providers to issue cards into their country. Like Payonor is not still available to India. But I heard the loading fees and monthly fees are not good for a low level of bitcoin earners.
Lasergun
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 06:05:24 PM

You can check this here: Which countries can Xapo ship the debit card to?.
highaltitude20322

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:07:37 PM

I ordered one last week. But yeah, the fees are a bit on the upper end. I look at it as sort of a novelty for now. As more cards become available the fees should get competitive.
Lasergun
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 06:35:16 PM

But I heard the loading fees and monthly fees are not good for a low level of bitcoin earners.

But yeah, the fees are a bit on the upper end.

What are you guys talking about? I think, the Xapo fees are lowest in the market of bitcoin debit cards.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:14:40 AM

But I heard the loading fees and monthly fees are not good for a low level of bitcoin earners.

But yeah, the fees are a bit on the upper end.

What are you guys talking about? I think, the Xapo fees are lowest in the market of bitcoin debit cards.

Yes Xapo debit card fees are lowest compared to any other such a card providers.
But people who are earning bitcoin with faucets and signature campaign might fear to use debit cards with a possible ATM withdraw fee of 2.5+3 USD. Still it would be more useful on daily purchases using cards.
Nami

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:23:07 AM

Thanks!

Yeah its very accurate and reliable a lot of people been using it too.
It is actually acceptable in most of the stores in my area.
Nasus

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:50:07 AM

Thanks!

Not yet but I will use it it is available here in our place.
Nautiluss

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:52:18 AM

Thanks!

Yes I have used it, and it is worth recommending better try it yourselves guys.
Nidaleee

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:38:51 AM

Thanks!

Yes it is  a great debit card because it can be used in most of the stores  here in our area.
I enjoyed using it.
Lasergun
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 10:27:54 AM

But people who are earning bitcoin with faucets and signature campaign might fear to use debit cards with a possible ATM withdraw fee of 2.5+3 USD. Still it would be more useful on daily purchases using cards.

You will not find "more useful on daily purchases using cards". ATM Withdrawal (in card's spending currency) fee of 2.5$ is not Xapo fee, it is common fee charged by VISA, and 3% - is a foreign exchange fee, also applied by VISA (not Xapo) only if the purchase/withdrawal is made in a currency that's different from your card's spending currency.
TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:49:46 PM

i would say, its fine to use xapo debitcard in any country, except country that didnt accept bitcoin (bitcoin considered as illegal currency) for example murrica

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 01:06:55 PM

That is why I don't bother with bitcoin debits cards, they are not good tool and in fact are very limiting instead. They are just like fancy gadget and not real solution when you want to use your bitcoins, like artificial hand.

y0u are right bitcoin debit card is just like using your credit card, because when you use this bitcoin debit card they charge high and same problem with credit card, so it is better to use the wallet instead of debit card.

Lasergun
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 05:46:58 PM

y0u are right bitcoin debit card is just like using your credit card, because when you use this bitcoin debit card they charge high and same problem with credit card, so it is better to use the wallet instead of debit card.

You can't spend btc with your credit card so quick and convenient like with bitcoin debit card, you will always lose your time for converting btc to fiat and transferring fiat to your bank account.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:27:12 PM

I've yet to feel the need for a card. It seems a little against the whole concept but I can see why it appeals to some. Coins or death for me.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:18:16 PM

You will not find "more useful on daily purchases using cards". ATM Withdrawal (in card's spending currency) fee of 2.5$ is not Xapo fee, it is common fee charged by VISA, and 3% - is a foreign exchange fee, also applied by VISA (not Xapo) only if the purchase/withdrawal is made in a currency that's different from your card's spending currency.
As far as I have experienced, using the XAPO card for purchase at merchant's POS is free as long as your card's currency matches the POS terminal's currency. In this case the only drawback can be the exchange rate that XAPO uses to convert your bitcoins to fiat on the fly. But I'm sure that if you count your time and your comfort, you can choose the card instead of some other exchanges like localbitcoin and other exchanges available to get the necessary fiat for your BTC.
I think XAPO knows this as well this is why they're setting their exchange rates the way they're doing it now.
Nocturne

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:52:08 AM

Thanks!

Yes I have pretty cool, it is very convenient to use and I started recommending it to my friends they began using it too.
jgcrpt

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:26:01 PM

As far as I have experienced, using the XAPO card for purchase at merchant's POS is free as long as your card's currency matches the POS terminal's currency. In this case the only drawback can be the exchange rate that XAPO uses to convert your bitcoins to fiat on the fly. But I'm sure that if you count your time and your comfort, you can choose the card instead of some other exchanges like localbitcoin and other exchanges available to get the necessary fiat for your BTC.
I think XAPO knows this as well this is why they're setting their exchange rates the way they're doing it now.

I got the card quickly, activated it on the Xapo site, loaded it with some bits and used it at a local store no issues and no fees in the same currency.

HOWEVER, the selling exchange rate in my experience is ~5% lower than the market which is substantial. I emailed Xapo to see how exactly they're getting the debit card exchange rate.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:30:18 PM

I got the card quickly, activated it on the Xapo site, loaded it with some bits and used it at a local store no issues and no fees in the same currency.

HOWEVER, the selling exchange rate in my experience is ~5% lower than the market which is substantial. I emailed Xapo to see how exactly they're getting the debit card exchange rate.

Just do a check here on the forum, there is a official Xapo services thread, in there they explained how the whole exchange rate thing works. The fees are included in there as well so it not the actual exchange rate. IIRC they were working on having the information display correctly, i.e. properly itemised, on the website when you make a transaction.

Will see if I can find the post and post the link here.

EDIT: Actually found it quickly, was first item on the search. See this post from Xapo https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902526.msg12758123#msg12758123
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:52:29 PM

There should not be any fee in connection with using the card at a merchant.
Have you checked the exchange rate nearly the same time when you did the transaction or just later?
Does the merchant's currency matches the card's currency? If not, there is a 3% exchange fee that the card issuer charges for the transaction.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:07:04 AM

I want to try it but it will useless while there are no kind stuff to accept bitcoin my country.
TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:31:21 AM

I want to try it but it will useless while there are no kind stuff to accept bitcoin my country.
did you know what is debit card? , if there's any visa label or master card, it can be used on any online shop or store that accept card (labeled visa or mastercard) as a payment

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:45:42 AM

did you know what is debit card? , if there's any visa label or master card, it can be used on any online shop or store that accept card (labeled visa or mastercard) as a payment

He's missed the point completely.

A Bitcoin debit card would allow you to spend money at hole-in-the-wall ATMs, and at regular point-of-sale card machines.

Your balance is deducted from you wallet (minus a fee, usually).

You are paying in fiat currency but using your crypto.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:30:20 PM

He's missed the point completely.

A Bitcoin debit card would allow you to spend money at hole-in-the-wall ATMs, and at regular point-of-sale card machines.

Your balance is deducted from you wallet (minus a fee, usually).

You are paying in fiat currency but using your crypto.
[/quotto
That's right and that is the solution for nowdays, you can spend your bitcoin from your wallet with the debit card. But as soon as the acceptance of BTC will be widespread, maybe it will be enough to use your mobile phone to pay with BTC. But it's only the future now, and until then the solution is the debit card.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:12:45 PM

Is it worth it to get this? It is the completely black one with the red xapo logo on it right? I don't see the visa logo on it.
I noticed it as a promo they have it for 50% off to purchase one until the 4th.
But after seeing you must pay $12 annually to keep it active, that kind of turned me off since I wouldn't know how often I plan to use it on an annual basis. So not knowing if it would be worth it to me to get one.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:18:28 PM

Is it worth it to get this? It is the completely black one with the red xapo logo on it right? I don't see the visa logo on it.
I noticed it as a promo they have it for 50% off to purchase one until the 4th.
But after seeing you must pay $12 annually to keep it active, that kind of turned me off since I wouldn't know how often I plan to use it on an annual basis. So not knowing if it would be worth it to me to get one.

Until now nobody showed that the card is different than that black one.
Seems that they as ecoin are using the same company which produces these debit cards.
The fees are pretty high and that is the point that i still haven't bought any bitcoin debit card.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:52:13 AM

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.
Did not know the ecoin one uses the same company as xapo, interesting so that means the fees are exactly the same but how much is that card annually compared to this black one?

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:47:59 PM

Annual fee for first year is waved and $12 per year fee to keep it alive is really good in my opinion  Undecided

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
SickMetaGame

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:46:55 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 07:13:23 PM by SickMetaGame

Ordered monday via DHL tracking, .117 was deducted from my balance instantly but now a working week later tracking is still to come. Initial response said that I should have tracking within 3-5 business days. After two days I figured to shoot support an e-mail and find out on the progress, no response.

So far very unpleasant experience with xapo. . I mean comeon how hard is it to respond to an e-mail.

SMG

/edit

This is quite funny but a moment ago DHL guy knocked on my door and handed over the envelope. Card arrived in the same blank white envelope as described by other members. Still the same black card.

I am pleased to have it in my possession, will follow up with how it works as I have tried it. Still confused on why I was never provided with the tracking for it neither why did I never hear response to my e-mail. Support needs some pimping up.

SMG
SickMetaGame

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:25:26 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 06:01:42 PM by SickMetaGame

First withdrawal done, used Scotia Bank atm which is a common bank in my country.

BTC amount on hold  0.21579524
Amount on hold  $140.00 (Its in my local currency so 3% conversion was added and a $3.50 wd fee) - If you get to withdraw in your country currency its only $2.50
Fee  USD 7.57

Exchange rate used  BTC 1 = USD 664.29

So far very happy with this card. Definitely suggest to anyone who is still selling their coins through LBC for Moneygram!  Cool  Grin

SMG

/EDIT 4.11.2016

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1187388.msg16776377#msg16776377

I STRONGLY ADVISE EVERYONE NOT TO ORDER THIS CARD AND STAY AWAY FROM THEIR SERVICES!!! IF YOUR BITCOINS GET LOCKED BECAUSE OF UNFORESEEN ISSUES YOU WILL BE STUCK WAITING ON THEM FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES FOR CHICKENS TO HATCH!
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:37:37 PM

First withdrawal done, used Scotia Bank atm which is a common bank in my country.

Amount on hold  $140.00 (Its in my local currency so 3% conversion was added and a $3.50 wd fee) - If you get to withdraw in your country currency its only $2.50
Fee  USD 7.57

So far very happy with this card. Definitely suggest to anyone who is still selling their coins through LBC for Moneygram!  Cool  Grin

SMG
Did you withdraw your bitcoin using xapo? or other credit or debit card? Looks like you are succesfully withdrawn your bitcoin using your card.
SickMetaGame

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:53:03 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 06:01:59 PM by SickMetaGame

Fee  USD 7.57

SMG
Did you withdraw your bitcoin using xapo? or other credit or debit card? Looks like you are succesfully withdrawn your bitcoin using your card.

Sent bitcoin to Xapo wallet and withdrew it using xapo debit card. Only had to wait for confirmations and had cash out from ATM in a matter of seconds. Happy camper!

SMG

/EDIT 4.11.2016

I STRONGLY ADVISE EVERYONE NOT TO ORDER THIS CARD AND STAY AWAY FROM THEIR SERVICES!!! IF YOUR BITCOINS GET LOCKED BECAUSE OF UNFORESEEN ISSUES YOU WILL BE STUCK WAITING ON THEM FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES FOR CHICKENS TO HATCH!
SickMetaGame

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 05:33:09 PM

Hi SMG back at it again.

Little update on the card which I think anyone should take into consideration prior ordering. In general I am very satisfied with how the card has been working with the one exception that one declined transaction has been on hold since 19th and is yet to be released. I am sort of lucky that price has been stable for the past weeks so I haven't actually net any sort of loss on the value but a huge hit on the dead hours.

Xapo's supplier if I may call them so was experiencing delays in moving cheddar and this resulted in a row of declined transactions. Now even after they got declined bitcoin was still held even though transaction itself got declined at the PoS system. I was buying groceries at that time, luckily had cash on me so did not have to leave anything behind lol...

Now I can understand how these type of cancellations may happen as there may be other reasons which cause cancellations and the reasons are irrelevant in my opinion anyway how ever I do not find it acceptable that this transaction has been on hold for 11 days already with god knows how long more to wait... What the fuck is this Xapo?

I have currently mailed support and awaiting on their response to this, I will bring more feedback on how this turns out when I receive an answer.

I am thinking that knowing this up front most likely would have resulted in me never ordering their card - now in reality it isn't as bad most of the transactions (~20) has been successful and no problems but this one that got declined is yet to be handled. I could understand a 24 hours delay but not 11 days with more to come, this is insane. I am most likely going to willingly overlook this incident and still continue to use them but if I happen to end up in same spot any time in the future again then I will with 99% certainty quit their services.

SMG

SickMetaGame

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:19:33 PM

Answer received,

Genereic blabber about how this is a standard procedure for visa/master card industry and as soon as they have received cancellation notice then my bitcoins will be released. Usually it should be settled within 1-2 days but may take up to 16 days.

My problem with that is if something usually settles within a day or two, how come the one and only time issue occurs it has already taken 12 days. It is like spiking a 5% river on WPN. Smells like a load of crap to me and more like every cancellation takes rather longer than a shorter period of time.

If the PoS system manages to give cancellation notice in a second, how come no one else is capable of coming to the same conclusion just as fast?

With all this said I am disappointed that this has taken almost half a month now to settle lol...

SMG

SickMetaGame

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:16:30 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 06:02:35 PM by SickMetaGame

Evens out...

As my last feedbacks for Xapo card were slightly negative then I figured now would be a good time to post some more of positive one. I did not stop using their services but did pass full verification and have been withdrawing money from ATM's without issues, have not used it back at PoS for now, effectively withdrawals have come out with 100% rate in the sense that no bitcoins have gone locked without getting cash in return. Now just recently while I was trying to do double transaction in one day then second one was denied with third try the same (only tried back since second one didn't actually yield anything) both times machine said that "Transaction cannot be completed. Please try again later.". Now usually this would have resulted in bitcoins getting locked how ever that did not happen this time instead both of those transactions showed up today as "Cancelled" in the logs which leads me to believe that they have done some sort of upgrade on their system and looks like it has gone into positive direction. I mean perhaps this is something due to nature of this being an ATM and previous transaction being PoS but I will try that out eventually and see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't get to cancellation to begin with.

Maybe I was just running lucky how ever I felt like this is relevant new information to anyone thinking about trying their services. Keeps on growing on me so far.

SMG

/EDIT 4.11.2016

0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:30:25 PM

He is not alone, There are a lot of bitcoin users who do not know about that feature of bitcoin and so they do not want to get that card for their use. But they don't know that with bitcoin debit cards they can use their bitcoins at any store where visa or mastercard is accepted.

Hire me for your campaign management
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:15:22 PM

i wan to use your service and get the card   but is your service available in pakistan?
Mr_SeLeNiO

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

i wan to use your service and get the card   but is your service available in pakistan?

Xapo Bitcoin debit card can't be shipped to Pakistan
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:06:56 PM

I am about to request it, and it has been very useful for me to read these interesting issues. I have been a Xapo client for more than a year and I am very satisfied with its service. I hope not to have problems with shipping to Mexico.
SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 02:50:29 PM

And here I am again...

Honestly I thought that this had gotten much better after some denied withdrawals had been instantly cancelled and bitcoins released back into the wallet. Little did I know that I was just "running good"...

Last night tried to withdraw 0.219 BTC and ATM denied the request with saying to try back later. Bitcoin how ever got locked as "Pending" transaction and now it has been like that for 16 hours... Trying to get someone from management to look after this issue for me but so far waiting on a response better than their initial generic BS of stay patient and wait.

This will be the last bitcoins that XAPO is going to see from me if this issue isn't going to get resolved in a timely fashion. I am not prepared to wait another 3 weeks on this.

SMG
jossiel

Merit: 632

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:13:00 AM

I am about to request it, and it has been very useful for me to read these interesting issues. I have been a Xapo client for more than a year and I am very satisfied with its service. I hope not to have problems with shipping to Mexico.

Good luck to your first usage and ordering of xapo debit card and I hope you are going to have no problems from it.

Just leave some feed back here once you already have it, because I am thinking if I will going to order or not.

I am just quit doubtful about because my mind is fighting.

SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:58:54 PM

Nobody fucking order this card.

This company is POS.

First of lets say that initial response I received from their management was that basically the same wait on the confirmation about cancellation and bitcoins will be released but if I should send in a hand written letter that I did not receive this withdrawal they MAYBE release it for me.

Clearly I got vivid and told them that they lost my business and continued to explain why. You see that same day which was yesterday the second withdrawal which was initiated less than half a minute later than this denied on got COMPLETED confirmation and was moved to the history with all of the rest transactions while denied one still remained pending.

Very convenient for them as a company right, completed transactions settled in a few days and coins freely in their hands to do whatever while cancelled ones stay pending for 3 weeks. Let the bitcoin price drop before we give them back!

Seriously the only fucking reason I was using your services Xapo is because it was saving me time on waiting behind the exchangers from LBC with Moneygram trades but even when trading with them I would never be at risk to wait 3 WEEKS to receive cash. Delay might be a day tops.

I am most likely going to try now either advcash or wirexapp card and before I receive it get back to moneygram trades.

SMG
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:14:45 PM

I have not tried one yet but in the coming future if I felt the need I will order one debit card from them. They have a very nice debit card as we do not need to recharge that debit card every time when we need money in it but the bitcoin in our main wallet appears in their debit card.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:57:38 PM

This bitcoin credit card can it be use to withdraw on ATM world wide

I seriously cannot understand other peoples complaints.

I just bought a Dell 27inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor using Bitcoin and my Xapo card

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:37:46 PM

Cannot understand other People's complaints? Are you blind or simply cannot read?

WHENEVER YOUR TRANSACTION IS CANCELLED IT GETS STUCK ON PENDING FOR 21 DAYS BEFORE YOU GET YOUR BITCOINS BACK!!!

Currently waiting 5th day again... and will wait until the end of this month to receive my bitcoins.

ON TOP OF THAT XAPO HAS HIDDEN FEES. I HAVE LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNT MANY TIMES TO SEE MY BALANCE TO BE IN NEGATIVE. WHILE THEY CLAIM TO NOT HAVE ANY TRANSACTION FEES THEN IT WOULD MEAN IT TO BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR MY BALANCE TO BE IN NEGATIVE BUT IT HAS HAPPENED ON 5 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS AND GRADUALLY REMOVED 0.00008-0.00016 PER POP

Here is a pic regarding negative balance I have right now which should not be happening to begin with.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/d45fba6ef625433f9f6b09c1b18872d7.jpg

SMG
SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 06:33:33 PM

Week has passed bitcoins still pending.

How about you edit your misleading ToS and state it accurately that whenever you are waiting on the cancellation confirmation it takes 21 BUSINESS DAYS TO RECEIVE

Crooks.

I think it is very amusing the way their support tries to initially send you generic answers on waiting times and each time that you receive a message it has different range of ETA on the cancellation confirmation how ever it always comes after the 21 lock period. But seriously if I post you pictures of about 4 different responses they all have different times average time on the cancellation which vary from 1 day to 16 days. Hey let me try to help and clear this one up for you guys -  Average time - the result you get by adding two or more amounts together and dividing the total by the number of amounts.

SMG
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:25:46 PM

I was thinking to buy this card but now after checking this thread its not going to happen because Xapo is serving one of most worst service to customers they need to do some work on this otherwise they are going to be closed in near future because peoples not going to use this way
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:56:46 PM

Week has passed bitcoins still pending.

How about you edit your misleading ToS and state it accurately that whenever you are waiting on the cancellation confirmation it takes 21 BUSINESS DAYS TO RECEIVE

Crooks.

I think it is very amusing the way their support tries to initially send you generic answers on waiting times and each time that you receive a message it has different range of ETA on the cancellation confirmation how ever it always comes after the 21 lock period. But seriously if I post you pictures of about 4 different responses they all have different times average time on the cancellation which vary from 1 day to 16 days. Hey let me try to help and clear this one up for you guys -  Average time - the result you get by adding two or more amounts together and dividing the total by the number of amounts. SMG

21 business days are almost equal to 1 month which I think it is unreasonable to "block" your bitcoin there. I think that people should not use xapo and move their funds somewhere else similar.
Hazir
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:32:49 AM

A lot of red text here and I agree with everything it says. Xapo is constantly showing us that they are more of a pseudo-bank trying to work with Bitcoin that true bitcoin company.
If your main concern is having "hassle free" Bitcoin Debit Card ExperienceTM you don't want to use Xapo as your payment processor.
Xapo may be regulated and 'secure' business but these features are taking its toll on users instead.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄          
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █              
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER  
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:31:48 AM

That's right... Only reason I was using them was because of the time that card was saving me while having to wait on physical exchangers with Moneygram trades. Now I would never use a company that has a possibility of locking my bitcoins for this amount of time. Luckily it is Christmas time right now so most likely price will keep driving upwards but since this "commodity" is so volatile it can never be simply "locked" from customer for this long period of time.

And what beats me the most guys... I had ~ 0.450 btc in wallet at that point, first transaction of $150 got declined for whatever reason ATM simply said to try back later but Xapo locked the coins and next one 15 seconds later of $140 went through.

$140 positive transaction got confirmation in 48 hours and moved from Pending to Completed but this freaking cancelled one has stayed Pending up to now. What fu/¤ing computer sends confirmations with 3 week difference while both transactions were done in the same minute?

SMG
hiddensphinx
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 07:27:30 AM

ok so withdrawing from ATM causes this problem and not making a purchase online?

SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:12:16 PM

I am currently experiencing this problem for the second time. This time it is cancelled ATM withdrawal but first time it was a cancelled PoS-payment at the Supermarket. Since I was believing their crooked ToS which claims that it should be cancelled much quicker I also kept sending them often e-mails during my first issue but didn't get a better response but a few shifted days range on the cancellation ETA. And the closer I was getting to the 21 days mark then also Xapo kept hinting every time to the fact that it will soon hit 21 days and cancellation will definitely be in by then when in reality it is just their standard "make you wait" time.

SMG
SickMetaGame

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:39:34 PM

Hey Guys,

A miracle has happened. Today 2 weeks later my coins were released, transaction was pending since 2nd of November but also price started climbing pretty good for past couple of days so I think that combined with my bitching made someone from higher release my bitcoins.

Perhaps standard 21 days got lowered to 14 days. I cannot be certain and even though seems like it is a step in the right direction I did still just ship out bitcoins and will not continue using their services until I see an e-mail saying bitcoins are never locked for longer than 24 hours.

SMG
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:03:05 PM

One little qualm i have with the xapo card, is that the transaction fee's are reasonable, but the exchange rate isn't entirely clear. One good use I have had with XAPO is cashing out Bitcoin instead of going through LocalBitcoins, originally I thought the rate would be better, but it turns out its worse.

What rates has been applied to you, i was thinking to purchase this week a xapo bitcoin debit card.
From comments here there is an inside graph that tells the rate of bitcoin only for users that have this debit card.
Can you tell use the difference between the buy bitcoin rates and sell bitcoin rates?
Flanagan

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:06:59 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 10:50:51 PM by Flanagan

I think if you want to use the card instead of your fiat bank card on everyday living expenses (because you want to spend the hard earned bitcoins in the real world without hassle) you only need to make sure that your xapo wallet has enouh bitcoins, you don't need to exchange some BTC to local currency beforehead, card (and xapo) does it for you time to time when you use your card on a POS.
Of course if you want to deal with a bigger amount of BTC, SEPA should be easier for one time transactions.

Don't know if it's been asked before but: What bitcoin/euro rate does Xapo use when doing the exchange to pay for something you just bought with your debit card at a store or online?
I Mean, do they use something like the verifiable bitpay exchange rate or if not which other one?

EDIT: Ok forget this post, see too many issues with them in this thread....

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
Spock83

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:13:05 PM

For me works normally . Do you have still problems?
Dav7

Activity: 284
Merit: 104

Making Money Online since 2006

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:24:17 PM

I used for some time without problems, paying my items or withdrawing from ATM, but today received an email saying their VISA provider as cancelled the contract Sad

BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:38:18 PM

I used for some time without problems, paying my items or withdrawing from ATM, but today received an email saying their VISA provider as cancelled the contract Sad
A very sad news All bitcoin related debit cards canceled today by mother company hopefully these companies will try to find out some alternative for this wait and watch all how is going
Begru

Activity: 349
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:54:51 PM

Same as me, I got also the email from Xapo. But on the webside no hint or message that this will/is happen.
Can some one say that it is true and no fake?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:56:25 PM

Same as me, I got also the email from Xapo. But on the webside no hint or message that this will/is happen.
Can some one say that it is true and no fake?

true. i got the same. people are reporting failed transactions. it came out of nowhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7oabzl/all_bitcoin_visa_debit_cards_are_now_cancelled/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: