Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:28:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 4.6TH Watercooled (SysCooling) 4x S5  (Read 1054 times)
MarkAz (OP)

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:08:28 PM

I have a fully built Syscooling S5 system - this is their higher end kit with the largest radiator, and 4 S5's in one small case.  These are pretty rare to see - primarily because the shipping charges for the kit from SysCooling is super expensive ($250 for what I bought).  I also upgraded the hoses to larger diameter as well as replacing the two stock case fans with Noctua NF-F12 Industrial PPC-3000 PWM fans.  There is a total of 8 blades being run by two Beaglebone Blacks, using the latest firmware - it runs like a champ and is very easy to manage.

In terms of my thoughts on the unit itself, in terms of thermal performance I find it to be comparable to an S5 with heat sinks and my acrylic case mod - meaning that it probably runs about 5-10c cooler than a normal unmodified S5.  I configured it as series instead of parallel (all the parts are included to allow you to change to parallel if you like), and when it's operating in a somewhat cool environment there is a temperature difference from the intake to outtake of about 8c - in a warmer environment the difference between blades diminishes to just a couple degrees.  I would also guess that it handles warmer conditions better than a normal S5 just by virtue of how water cooling works.  The biggest gain is in terms of the sound level of the unit - my modified S5's run quite a bit quieter than the stock - I can have them running in my house and while you certainly hear them, you can still have a conversation without annoyance.  This unit is substantially quieter than my units - I would say that these 4 combined miners make about 1/2 the noise of one of my moded miners, and probably 1/4 of a stock S5 if not less.  If you put fan controllers on the radiator fans and run them at about 50%, in a 78f house the unit almost silent.  So, if you're looking for a great space heater this winter, look no further!  Wink

It's fully assembled and tested - once you get it you'll just have to reconnect a couple of the tubes and fill it with distilled water, connect your own power supplies, and you're good to go.  Saves you the time of assembling the kit and splicing the 18 pin blade connectors - and believe me, after spending hours and hours doing that, you'll definitely not want to do it yourself.  Wink

I'm looking for $1700 with free shipping inside the US.  If you want a power supply, I can include the IBM 2880W Platinum server PSU with breakout and all cables for an additional $220 - this PSU requires 240v, so not running in your house (when I ran it in my house, I used two 1300w PSU).  

Payment in BTC and if escrow used then buyer pays escrow and only with reputable escrow agents here on BitcoinTalk (OgNasty is my preference, since I've used him in the past).  

PM me for details, and don't fall for any scammers posting BTC addresses in the thread, I'm never going to do that.

Joebrann

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:24:32 PM

Very Nice Setup.

With that being said if you would of had this up 2 some months ago it would had flew off. But the price and seeing how it's going to be winter soon (space heater) there is really no need for the water cooling as you can store it on your porch or whenever you don't get that much heat.

I hope this sells for you let me know if this drops about 400 and I'll grab it. But at this point If I was you just keep mining with it..
qctechno

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:34:19 PM

Really nice, wish I had the funds to buy  Cry

MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:40:49 PM

Thanks!  I try to do good work whenever I build anything.  Wink

The big advantage in the winter for this vs the others is that if you wanted to put it in your house, you easily could - I had it running in my kitchen for several days and literally sometimes had to go check on it to even tell that it was turned on, that's how quiet it is - definitely a different experience from the typical S5 aircraft carrier.

Price wise, keep in mind that I'm including shipping and this is not a small/light package - so if you factor that in, you're paying a bit above market for the S5's, but you're paying far less for the watercooling than it costs (landed) plus it's fully built and tested plus includes 2x Noctua fans.

And of course I'll be running it until about 5 minutes before I put it in the box to ship - I'm not one of these people who makes believe like the machine just sits in a closet until some new owner comes along, I put my babies to WORK!  Smiley
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:36:25 AM

Hi!

Can you please give this details:

-what pump are you using
-only 2 days of testing? i see your post in Tupsu's thread on 21 september
-do you sell only the unit, without the rest?
- temp of water entering the unit & temp of water out of the unit

Please post the screens with the asics status! interested in temps Smiley

Thanks!
Regards,
mav

MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:05:27 AM

-what pump are you using

I used the same kit I've done with my PC water cooling, since I have more experience with it:

http://amzn.to/1PrlNZD
http://amzn.to/1gM7umg

The flow rate is pretty much identical to the one it ships with (which is what I'm including) - but if you'd prefer to have one of these pumps, I will include it w/ it's matching reservoir for $100.  I'm not super motivated to sell it as I plan to use it on my next build.

-only 2 days of testing? i see your post in Tupsu's thread on 21 september

Actually, I built it a couple days before that, so it's been running for about a week - even though I bought the kit probably 6 months ago.  I clean purged all the components for 8 hours and ran it 24 hours unpower first to check for leaks and other issues, everything is solid.  I also use hose clamps for everything, which are a bit of a pain to take apart, but almost eliminate the most common leaking issues.

Lately I've been focused on the air cooling stuff, so I needed to get it to a stopping point before I could explore water cooling:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1184272
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086882

So now next on my list of things to do is experiment with building some custom water blocks... Before starting that though I wanted to see how the existing ones worked, so I would have an opinion one way or another about what I like and didn't like about their design, etc.  One thing in particular I would like to do is incorporate water cooling for the PSU as part of the loop also, as that is also another source of heat (at least the IBM 2880W ones are).

-do you sell only the unit, without the rest?

I wouldn't - there's not a huge point, it would just be adding a bunch of additional work in me taking it apart, and then someone else going through the process again.  Plus building the cables is a nightmare - really the biggest failing of the design IMO, and Bitmain won't sell the extended cables from the S5+ individually.

One other advantage you get with me building it is that I'm detail oriented and pretty meticulous when it comes to these sorts of things - if you check out any of the things I've done before, you'll probably agree - so you have good confidence that it's been built right.

-temp of water entering the unit & temp of water out of the unit

No idea what the inlet water temp out is - and to be honest, I don't think there is a huge amount of value to knowing it.  With any of these systems, it's just what the loop temperature is once it's at steady state.  If you read my Tipsu post, then you know the house temps were - basically at 26c room temp the water loop was at a no load temp of 29.5c, and at full load it was at 33.8c (there might be inaccuracies in the water temp sensor, so the delta is more accurate that the value).  The S5's temps were from 52c to 60c, no particular rhyme or reason as to which blades and the temps, but it was pretty consistent - I imagine the accuracy of their temp sensors isn't that good.  In the same setting I have one S5 fully stock and it was running about 58c - all running the latest firmware.

In my garage it's about 35c ambient, the loop no load runs about 36c, and at full load it runs about 45c.  I will say the placement in my garage is non-optimal, I really just put it in there to see how it performed in a different (hotter) environment - it's right by the InnoSilicon A2's (you can see them in the background), and they radiate a fair bit of heat.  The S5 temps are from 61c to 68c - in the same setting I have another stock S5 with the little factory heatsinks on it, and it's running 70c, but to be fair I think it runs a little hot for whatever reason.

Please post the screens with the asics status! interested in temps Smiley

Your wish is my command!  Wink

Nothing too exciting here - all my machines are off 3 hours of the day because of the TOU power plan I use at my house, so I automatically back them off to 100hz for 15 mins prior to shutdown to avoid thermal shock.  When running in the house I didn't get any hardware errors, but 0.0001% is on par with what the majority of the other S5's I have in that environment do.

For thermal compound I used this:

http://amzn.to/1Lvy3cj

which is my favorite, works much better than any of the other thermal paste I've used - it's particularly necessary with the waterblocks, as they aren't nearly as smooth as the normal heatsinks.
mavericklm

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:40:00 AM

So much info...  Grin

When i said unit, i was referring to the miner as in case with wb, ribbon cables, blades and controllers. Just the working miners&wb in the case! without rad, pump and pipping.

The pics are from miners running in the 35C ambient? and at 26C, the reported temps are  52c to 60c?

Thx!
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:12:11 AM

When i said unit, i was referring to the miner as in case with wb, ribbon cables, blades and controllers. Just the working miners&wb in the case! without rad, pump and pipping.

Ah, yes, I would sell it without the rad, pump and piping... I would take $150 off the price if you don't want those things - primarily because it will knock down the price of shipping for me.

The pics are from miners running in the 35C ambient? and at 26C, the reported temps are  52c to 60c?

Yup, the pics are from a couple hours ago - I was doing the in house testing when I first built it.  As I mentioned, I think if it were positioned better in the room the temps would be better, as it's not really in an optimal place, just the place that was most convenient at the time.
mavericklm

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:41:09 PM

I'll think about it, but at that price i don't see a  positive ROI.... Smiley

Thanx,
mav
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:03:16 PM

Your water blocks look different than mine. My water blocks has a lower end at a 90 degree angle.

Click to enlarge

Probably you will earn less if you sell it in parts. 

But it's still money.  Only from 8x  S5 boards You can easily earn 800 USD or more.

But nobody wants to pay for the work, what have you done with this miner.

I sold  of my 5 x  C1  rebuilt to aircooled, since it was quicker and easier.
MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:48:23 PM

I really want it but at that ROI........

Its killing me.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:59:21 PM

Your water blocks look different than mine. My water blocks has a lower end at a 90 degree angle.

Yeah, I have some of those as well - the ones from my build are their newer ones, but who knows, China isn't #1 for consistency...

Probably you will earn less if you sell it in parts. 

But it's still money.  Only from 8x  S5 boards You can easily earn 800 USD or more.

But nobody wants to pay for the work, what have you done with this miner.

I sold  of my 5 x  C1  rebuilt to aircooled, since it was quicker and easier.

I still have all the donor parts, so I could easily just rip it apart and re-assemble the 4 S5's - and if the buyer of the system wants those parts also, I will include them for an additional $50 (to cover shipping, as the heat sinks and metal cases will add to the size/weight of the package considerably).
qctechno

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:27:38 PM

I still have all the donor parts, so I could easily just rip it apart and re-assemble the 4 S5's

If you do that, PM me, I want your cooling kit  Tongue

SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:57:48 PM

damn why all the good offers are from the US.....
please eu people sell your hardware
MarkAz (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:44:34 PM

damn why all the good offers are from the US.....
please eu people sell your hardware

heheh, if you want to pay for shipping to the EU, I'll knock $100 off of it, as that's what I'm guessing it will cost to ship...  Wink
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:53:48 PM

if you make calculation you will be shocked Lips sealed
otherwise we can talk!
massive rates for shippng and import maby we send as a gift or broken parts so no VAT!

btw
did not look at your price at all, just want watercooled s5 i allready have one and I love em
also not paying for time you put in took me also a full work day to put together if not more.
don't need psu maby not the radiator as it will add much to shipping costs.
I live in Arnhem Neterlands
give me price with or without radiator and shipping and we can talk.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: