Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any reliable way to buy windows 7 license digitally?  (Read 1327 times)
Adir (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

saw this: http://www.sale-applications.net
just seems to be a fraud

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:00:07 PM

You could always buy it from microsoft.com...
Adir (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:09:17 PM

it's more expensive than my local stores
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:58:11 PM

it's more expensive than my local stores
Well, if you want reliability, you're gonna have to pay more.  If you want to take a chance at it being a fraud, by all means, pay the lower price at sale-applications.net.
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:21:04 PM

You can't buy a full, digital copy of Windows 7 from Newegg or Amazon, so I seriously doubt you can buy one from anyone other than Microsoft directly.  I've ordered OS's for digital download directly from Microsoft, and they're definitely legit Wink
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:29:44 PM

Download ISO file that matches SHA-1 checksum from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx#FileId=46948 and then install this loader http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:36:31 PM

There are some people selling windows license on bitmit,
I have no idea if they are legit, but this seller has multiple good ratings:

https://www.bitmit.net/en/trade/i/5809-microsoft-windows-7-professional-product-key/description

Grin
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:13:09 PM

Windows 7 Professional is crap compared to Ultimate. It have less features and it activates using KMS instead of permanent activation. But if the key is really unique and legit it is a good deal if you need genuine cd-key

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 12:00:29 AM

I have a windows validation program that has worked on 5 different pc's, interested?

oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:08:25 AM

I found a site once that had a ridiculous price for an ultimate key, I contacted Microsoft's fraud department and asked if the site was legit, got a reply back saying they'd check into it and then a day later a reply saying no problems, bought the license and saved the emails...
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:39:13 AM

An awful lot of people are entitled to receive cheap software from legitimate programmes run by Microsoft - especially students and government employees.  It's always worth checking whether you qualify for any kind of discounted price from Microsoft before looking elsewhere.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Adir (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 09:11:20 AM

I found a site once that had a ridiculous price for an ultimate key, I contacted Microsoft's fraud department and asked if the site was legit, got a reply back saying they'd check into it and then a day later a reply saying no problems, bought the license and saved the emails...
any chance you remember the site name?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 11:50:44 AM

What most people don't know is that you can get a "System Builders" edition, which is WAAAAAAY cheaper than the normal one with the same functionality.

These are only meant to be sold to people building computer systems, thus "System Builders". What is actually happening though is, you're eligible for a SB edition
as soon as you buy a piece of hardware AT THE SAME TIME as your Windows. Buying a hard drive? Eligible for SB. Buying a graphics card? Eligible for SB.

It's the only way I've been buying Windows editions since 95.
oldschool

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:59:18 PM

I'm on my mobile right now but I'll look through my emails later today...

With an .edu email address you can get a free version of win2k8r2 server along with a ton of other Microsoft software from dream spark... I can sell you a valid .edu email that works with dream spark for 1 bitcoin
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:09:21 PM

What most people don't know is that you can get a "System Builders" edition, which is WAAAAAAY cheaper than the normal one with the same functionality.

These are only meant to be sold to people building computer systems, thus "System Builders". What is actually happening though is, you're eligible for a SB edition
as soon as you buy a piece of hardware AT THE SAME TIME as your Windows. Buying a hard drive? Eligible for SB. Buying a graphics card? Eligible for SB.

It's the only way I've been buying Windows editions since 95.
It's called OEM, and I think a lot of people know about them.  But it's not digital delivery, either.  At least it wasn't last time I checked...
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:12:56 PM

You're right. I missed the part about digital delivery.
Adir (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:37:39 PM

With an .edu email address you can get a free version of win2k8r2 server along with a ton of other Microsoft software from dream spark... I can sell you a valid .edu email that works with dream spark for 1 bitcoin
haven't thought about that!
thanks man, I may buy this email address soon Smiley
oldschool

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:22:53 PM

haven't thought about that!
thanks man, I may buy this email address soon Smiley

Yea, and if anyone else is interested here is the catalog of software offered by dreamspark: https://www.dreamsp<REMOVE>ark.com/Student/Software-Catalog.aspx

It's a website run by microsoft so once you have an .edu email it is all legit and they give you free legal licenses of the software.  I am running a lot of the stuff myself.

There are also a ton of other places that offer discounts or free software/services for "students" with .edu emails.

If anyone wants one I'll just need to know your name, SSN, birthday, address and phone number, real or fake just remember it in case you need to reset your password.  If you'd like I can make these up for you and send you the info used.  You'll be using gmail to log into the .edu email also, super easy.

1btc just because it takes me some time to set it up.

This is of course for educational purposes only though.  Wink  I fully support people who are wanting to educate themselves and learn.

EDIT: You also get a free 90day subscription to http://pluralsi<REMOVE>ght.com/training/courses/index with each .edu email
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: