Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 10:14:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-09-23] CD: Barry Silbert: Private Blockchains Will 'Capitulate' to Bitcoin  (Read 338 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 08:28:02 AM

Barry Silbert: Private Blockchains Will 'Capitulate' to Bitcoin

Wall Street is increasingly expressing an enthusiasm for applications of bitcoin and blockchain technology, but according to venture capitalist Barry Silbert, the attention of the traditional financial community has so far fallen on its more problematic implementations.

http://www.coindesk.com/barry-silbert-private-blockchains-will-capitulate-to-bitcoin/

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:19:16 AM

A really good article.I had a great read.

Quoting Silbert
"I'm surprised they honed in on that first. A private federated blockchain doesn't solve any major problems and ultimately I don't have a high level of optimism it's going to succeed. I'm surprised they haven't figured that out yet and I'm surprised they are doing that first."

We all know he is right regarding those private blockchains.
But I believe that banks could know they are on the wrong path, but at this point right now they don't want to except that they will have to use, adapt and adopt Bitcoin in a certain way.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:05:59 PM

Just confirms what I've been saying.

I completely expected business and banking to build their own implementations, because most have the "not invented here" attitude in their corporate culture. Once they figure out that they're just replicating something that has been amply solved (and globally distributed), we'll be waiting with open arms as they are finally forced to acquire some Bitcoin for their tokenization efforts, or at the very least, have to use the global blockchain that Bitcoin is using.

Just watch, it will inexorably step in that direction, especially if one of their homebrew blockchains gets hacked/pwned by someone.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 06:26:00 PM

Just confirms what I've been saying.

I completely expected business and banking to build their own implementations, because most have the "not invented here" attitude in their corporate culture. Once they figure out that they're just replicating something that has been amply solved (and globally distributed), we'll be waiting with open arms as they are finally forced to acquire some Bitcoin for their tokenization efforts, or at the very least, have to use the global blockchain that Bitcoin is using.

Just watch, it will inexorably step in that direction, especially if one of their homebrew blockchains gets hacked/pwned by someone.

and hopefully we are ready for them then  Smiley (iam optimistic)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: