Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:42:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen ?  (Read 3136 times)
Indianacoin (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:11:46 AM

So more than 70% of bitcoiners are holding their coins and waiting for bitcoin price increase as per this thread ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159221.0

But my question lies on the fact that, will the bitcoin price actually rise up in future if there is very little involvement in bitcoin-fiat exchange since most people have their mindset towards saving them in cold storage ? I mean, without much involvement, how can a cryptocurrency gain it's economical value?

Since there are threats buzzing around with Bitcoin-xt, collapsing of bitcoin network due to release of faster ASICs that are stressing 1MB blockchains and reward halving upto 12.5BTC, will the bitcoin price rise at all in future ?

This is my way of thinking into bitcoin's future and that's why I thought of asking here, so without taking my words offensive, please correct me if I'm wrong Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:24:25 AM

So more than 70% of bitcoiners are holding their coins and waiting for bitcoin price increase as per this thread ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159221.0

But my question lies on the fact that, will the bitcoin price actually rise up in future if there is very little involvement in bitcoin-fiat exchange since most people have their mindset towards saving them in cold storage ? I mean, without much involvement, how can a cryptocurrency gain it's economical value?

Since there are threats buzzing around with Bitcoin-xt, collapsing of bitcoin network due to release of faster ASICs that are stressing 1MB blockchains and reward halving upto 12.5BTC, will the bitcoin price rise at all in future ?

This is my way of thinking into bitcoin's future and that's why I thought of asking here, so without taking my words offensive, please correct me if I'm wrong Smiley

Bitcoiners love drama:

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

personally i keep some bitcoins in cold storage but it would be dumb when i would not use bitcoins because when i use it, i increase bitcoins value/utility.
for alot of people bitcoin is like gold. that is okay. even hardcore hodlers give bitcoin its value. with that value, business can create stuff on top of it.
you can even create other cryptos in top of bitcoin in the future "sidechains" (bitcoin= gold standard).

the truth is: you are an early adopter. imagine you were on the internet in 1995. back then most people didnt even know what email is  Smiley
when i started with bitcoin there was only bitcoin core and you had to wait 10 hours to make your first transaction Cheesy - it took some imagination to see the bigger picture.

you should read and learn more about bitcoin and use these quiet times that we have at the moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2nXgK34HIM (alot of good videos)

PS: i still want my indianacoins  Tongue

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:09:46 PM

I am holding too, but for me, I'm in a pretty bad financial situation right now, there might come a time in the very near future where I would have to sell all my bitcoins, however little I may have.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:11:15 PM

Sure it will raise! If the usage and more people adopt it as a trade form, (like my local waffle house) the price will slowly raise and keep going. I personally don't think that $1000 will be reached any time soon, though $400 looks like it's close! Really, you shouldn't trade your BTC for fiat at all if you have an income (a miner) and a place to spend it to get food.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:21:44 PM

i think those majority that are holding are holding quite a few bitcoin, i doubt the very big players are holding every coins they have

one thing it's true, if the vast stack of all coins are in hold mode, no big investors can buy these coins, therefore there will be no price increase
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:37:18 PM

i think those majority that are holding are holding quite a few bitcoin, i doubt the very big players are holding every coins they have

one thing it's true, if the vast stack of all coins are in hold mode, no big investors can buy these coins, therefore there will be no price increase

How so? Holding keeps the price up, and the fewer coins that are available to buy, the higher the price. Big investors would just have to buy fewer coins, which in turn would drive the price up even more.
bad_char1

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:39:59 PM

Holding keeps the price up, and the fewer coins that are available to buy, the higher the price. Big investors would just have to buy fewer coins, which in turn would drive the price up even more.

How is it others can't see it?!  This thing can't lose!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:02:20 PM

How so? Holding keeps the price up, and the fewer coins that are available to buy, the higher the price. Big investors would just have to buy fewer coins, which in turn would drive the price up even more.

if everyone is holding how the hell the market will move it's not like if one day one coin is sold at 1k the others will follow, it does not work in this way
David Rabahy

Activity: 709
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:07:07 PM

Even ignoring the spikes, https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions indicates the trend is for more transactions.  I do not doubt some people are holding; I am; but not everyone is holding.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:58:48 PM

I am holding too, but for me, I'm in a pretty bad financial situation right now, there might come a time in the very near future where I would have to sell all my bitcoins, however little I may have.

that sucks dude   Undecided

hopefully you can solve your problems. personally i would rather sell my car before i sell my Coins   Lips sealed

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:24:32 PM

Since the btc price has been on holding pattern around 230 since January 2015, I think it's safe to say we have reached an equilibrium between buyers and sellers. This will go on for a long time. Maybe the "Halvening" will drive up the price but I don't think it will stay up.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 04:00:07 PM

hopefully you can solve your problems. personally i would rather sell my car before i sell my Coins   Lips sealed

who needs a car when BTC magically teleport across the globe in seconds, right?

Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:00:35 AM

So more than 70% of bitcoiners are holding their coins and waiting for bitcoin price increase as per this thread ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159221.0

Well we have our opinion about the biticoin's future, there are people that are not very supportive about biticoin and it is not very popular yet but I'm pretty sure one day it will be widely used.
MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:35:12 AM

I'm not sure whats going to happen specially the coins, all we can do is to hope for the best in the future,
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:56:19 AM

Well we have our opinion about the biticoin's future, there are people that are not very supportive about biticoin and it is not very popular yet but I'm pretty sure one day it will be widely used.
If trading isn't your fortay, then just keep up w/ the holding at this point. Things are going to take its toll as we mature, it's on you to deal w/ the in-betweens.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:51:17 AM

I guess people will still be holding, even if price goes to 500usd or 1000usd because they get greedy again. It is difficult to sell a well performing asset, even if you know deep down it will drop again (just the slight chance that it will do the opposite will keep you from doing that..)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:26:10 AM

after i invested in btc between the bubbles of 2013 there came summer vacation. i did not have enough funds for the big family camping adventure. i could have sold back btc but hell no... 

i ended up selling two seats of our car instead  Cheesy
irfan01

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

I think you have a point
however they may await the big players or entrepreneurs to raise the price of bitcoin, we do not know how many bitcoin them that they hold, may not be more than 10 BTC bitcoin is why they hold that they have
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:31:13 AM

As long as people think it will rise even further then they will continue holding. Greed is another factor that will make people wait with selling even more.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 09:34:28 AM

dont worry ...
i think it will still go up..
since bitcoin users almost but not everyone will hold it.
there are many bitcoin users will sell their bitcoin.
when they saw the price is going down.
they are afraid of more failure.
but i know that it will take time for bitcoin to go up.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████