Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia/ Syria  (Read 1363 times)
edric (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:47:11 AM

What is the Russian objective in Syria?  It seems like their presence there just complicated things in the region dramatically and it is hard to tell what their real intentions are.  Assad doesn't have popular support and to support Assad is to commit to an endless civil war.  Is that their objective?  Are they waiting for Assad to fall so they can be the predominant power on the ground and assign a new ruler that is friendly?  What's the play?

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:40:45 PM

who told you the syrian regime doesn't have popular support?

russia got assad to offer a cease fire so that a general election could be held across the entire country with international observers allowed in. the western backed "moderate" opposition groups (which barely exist anymore, there's just isis and al qaeda) responded with a boycott and the jewish media pretended assad rigged the election.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:45:02 PM

who told you the syrian regime doesn't have popular support?

russia got assad to offer a cease fire so that a general election could be held across the entire country with international observers allowed in. the western backed "moderate" opposition groups (which barely exist anymore, there's just isis and al qaeda) responded with a boycott and the jewish media pretended assad rigged the election.

In the Western style of "democracy", anything that does not match a pre-determined by US outcome, must have been rigged.

What is the Russian objective in Syria?  It seems like their presence there just complicated things in the region dramatically and it is hard to tell what their real intentions are.  Assad doesn't have popular support and to support Assad is to commit to an endless civil war.  Is that their objective?  Are they waiting for Assad to fall so they can be the predominant power on the ground and assign a new ruler that is friendly?  What's the play?

Don't put the cart before the horse!  Russia, and Soviet Union before that, have its only remote military base in Syria. The American presence in Syria in the form of their support for ISIS and attempts to dislodge the legitimate government of the country just complicate things. What's the America's play, hm? Hint: The fate Syria suffers is the same one as what was dealt by the USA's Nudelman and Biden to Ukraine.

If you are genuinely interested in what is going on in that complicated part of the world, I want to recommend the following two things:

First listen to the interview with Assad. Listen to the other side of the story, so to speak, the side that has been so thoroughly muted in the West:
https://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/whats-really-going-on-in-syria-from-the-horses-mouth-syrian-president-bashar-assad-exclusive-interview-to-the-russian-media/

And then read an extensive analysis of the political interactions in the region:
https://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2015/09/21/is-erdogan-together-with-muslim-brotherhood-trying-to-recreate-the-turkish-empire/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:32:17 PM

What is the Russian objective in Syria?

Maybe, empty body bags to fill?
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

What is the Russian objective in Syria? What's the play?

PS: To answer the question of "what's the play", ultimately, Russia is playing a role of that overlooked kid at school, who to everyone's surprise stands up to the school bully, when everyone thinks that said bully has absolutely free reigns. Russia is saying that enough is enough.

As for USA, they (and I mean here the USA Inc. CEOs) should learn that the world is not black and white and that you can't live by the rule of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". USA applied this rule supporting Taliban in Afghanistan, then Al Quaeda in Iraq, and now ISIS in Syria. The logic being: Assad won't do USA's bidding, so he has to go? Who is the enemy of this largely secular Syrian leader? Radical militant Islamic groups. Great, let's leave them weapons and support, while "fighting" them by the least effective way possible, just for show. Oh, and here comes Russia wanting to fight ISIS for real. We can't have any of that, can we? Those radical Islamists still didn't do to Assad in Syria what they did to Gaddafi in Libya...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:56:34 PM

Nemo, please...

1. in 2-3 years russia is hosting the sucker game...
2. did you see Kobane?
3. russia and the ukraine

if you add 1+2+3 do you think it's the best time to engage in a war which will kill a lot of russians people in a foreign land for the benefit of a foreign leader? do you call that leadership on the part of the kremlin? I call that weakness.

then admitting that after a monstreous bloodbath, the leveling of syria, will it improve anything for russia? or ask otherwise would it weaken the Empire? no it wouldn't change a damn thing...

and then let's say that for fun the empire start to deliver some funny weapons to those that the people of the north will want to rule over, do you think the services will accept an afghanistan 2.0... remember the empire has spent a lot, for which results? do you see irak? okay...

So you think that it's the best thing for young russian men to go die there? frankly, I don't understand...

And to be blunt I think that it's the kgb mindset, that is here at fault... if the bosphoreus is locked, nuke it and make a bigger passage...

so frankly what is to gain? yes the empire is like the locusts, if there is no "gain" there is no reason to risk anything...

and finnally russia lost all credibility in my eyes when it support to build nuke plant in a country as prone to earthquake as iran... I mean if russia had gmos they would spread it everywhere...

a little rogue trader, nothing else to see. even trump has more standing. did I say trump... let's see how the checker player will play once the season reopen... enjoy the last few day of the federation, it was shorter than it's pervious itineration...

btw I dreamed of russia, of beyond the urals, of a mystical place without the overlord of the kremlin... I dreamed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:59:44 PM

Just like the United States filling their thousands of empty body bags in Iraq and Afghanistan? A ground offensive against the ISIS will be a costly affair, in terms of both manpower, and finances. If the Russians have the balls to wage a ground operation against the ISIS, then I am all in support for them. The NATO cowards are shitting in their pants when they think about the ISIS.
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

russia doesn t have the finance to secure it's giant border... anyway if it's the stroke that break the anti-plant of the kremlin, enjoy the show it will be fun to watch on utube.
koinsuka

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 05:14:04 PM

like character of the country that feels great in general
have the idea of ​​a superpower, Russia certainly hope to
intervene in the Syrian domestic political and economic
benefit in the midst of conflict

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:19:02 PM

russia doesn t have the finance to secure it's giant border... anyway if it's the stroke that break the anti-plant of the kremlin, enjoy the show it will be fun to watch on utube.

Even the superpower United States is helpless against the Mexican drug smugglers in the Southern border. So Russia doesn't have to worry too much. And also, in the past 6 centuries or so, very few people have managed to breach the Russian border. The very few who managed to successfully do that, failed to progress much further.
iCan

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:19:20 PM

Just like the United States filling their thousands of empty body bags in Iraq and Afghanistan? A ground offensive against the ISIS will be a costly affair, in terms of both manpower, and finances. If the Russians have the balls to wage a ground operation against the ISIS, then I am all in support for them. The NATO cowards are shitting in their pants when they think about the ISIS.

Im here in Russia so I can say that since "war" with Ukraine started we have a lot's of problems. As economic problems (sanctions) as demographic (death rate + 6%). So yes we have already fill body bags enough and now our government need to find the way to get rid of sanctions with out giving out Crimea. And Syria is the best way to rich this aim. Putin will use Syria as collateral damage.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:26:20 PM

Im here in Russia so I can say that since "war" with Ukraine started we have a lot's of problems. As economic problems (sanctions) as demographic (death rate + 6%). So yes we have already fill body bags enough and now our government need to find the way to get rid of sanctions with out giving out Crimea. And Syria is the best way to rich this aim. Putin will use Syria as collateral damage.

The economic problems are solely due to the fact that the oil price is declining (as a result of tactics being employed by Saudi Arabia). Earlier, when the oil price was going at $105 a barrel, the Russian government used to receive $78 as taxes for every barrel of oil. And now the oil price has come down to $48, and this figure has been reduced to $21 per barrel.

And regarding the death rate, for the January-July period, it has increased to 1,144,039. For the same period in 2014, the number of deaths was 1,124,661. This represents an increase of 1.72%.
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:38:25 PM

The very few who managed to successfully do that, failed to progress much further.

schools, theater, train stations... one sure thing you aren't part of the nemo team... you are too... uninformed.

Ican I don't get how syria and ukraine are related, I don't see how one will affect the others... the only difference will be a longer travel time for the body bags... do the plans have a/c? the problem is that the rogue dude has some fixation in his mind... like plant are crimes... whoooo.

furthermore, the partition of russia will be fun... to risk all of this for syria... lol only a bad, poor, uneducated, arrogant and lame trader would take such risks... low gain, high risk... congrats.
iCan

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:03:31 PM

The economic problems are solely due to the fact that the oil price is declining (as a result of tactics being employed by Saudi Arabia). Earlier, when the oil price was going at $105 a barrel, the Russian government used to receive $78 as taxes for every barrel of oil. And now the oil price has come down to $48, and this figure has been reduced to $21 per barrel.

And regarding the death rate, for the January-July period, it has increased to 1,144,039. For the same period in 2014, the number of deaths was 1,124,661. This represents an increase of 1.72%.

In 2009 it also was $60 per barrel but here in Russia we didn't feel that because our government take loans from western Banks, and cover all loses and then when oil rise up they give them back. Now they also could do it but the problem is that sanctions. No one give Russia loans. About demographic problem (+6%) it is number from Jan- March when there was hard battles in Ukraine.

The very few who managed to successfully do that, failed to progress much further.
iCan I don't get how syria and ukraine are related.

They are not related to each other, but this countries become a battlefield of political struggle between Russia and western countries   

ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:35:01 PM

Russia will bring peace to middle east region messed up by USA. I'm happy Russian troops are finally there taking things under control.
iCan

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:39:09 PM

Russia will bring peace to middle east region messed up by USA. I'm happy Russian troops are finally there taking things under control.

You can look on countries where Russia helps last 20 years. Only economic dislocation and societal meltdown nothing else.   

Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:39:46 PM

Poutine know Assad will be out soon ... and to be sure that they will not loose the place in Middle East ... they send troop ... more and more ... Assad now is the puppet of Poutine ... nothing all.

If Vkontakt message and photo ... when Poutine will admit that Russia send troop there ? Never ... first he lie as ever ... like in Ukraina / Crimea ...

Crimea = We have no army there ... only little green men
Ukraina = We do not help donbass terrorists... only ship some updated weapons ...
Syria = We have no plane ... hoo yes we sell weapons to Assaad and now we will help him ...

Russia is like all country ... they lie for geo-political rulez ... if you think they care about people ... long time that Poutine had signed law for corruption in Russia LoL
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:42:13 PM

You can look on countries where Russia helps last 20 years. Only economic dislocation and societal meltdown nothing else.   

100% true ... but all of these Russian trolls like to live under so called "Dictator threat" ... all of these countries live under poor nationalisme .... save what remains in Russia ... langage speak only there and Vodka ...
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:30:17 AM

Finally I think it's a very good idea to let the russians and their allies have fun in the middle east. I am sure that they will enjoy their stay...

I don't see any need or reasons or gain for the Empire to be made in this place, all data (on the conduct of war) accumulated during the last few years still need a lot of research. I don't think that any "training" there is relevant or will bring any thing useful for the future.

Furthermore it will permit to see who are the members of the axis of evil in full light (supporting the neo stalinist there, is a good litmus test).

Moreover it will create lot of enemies for those taking part in operation saving assad, and will ultimately improve the relation of the usa with all the people in the middle east (once they see the brutal, inhumans destruction that will be unleashed there).

And ultimately it will permit to learn everything about the russians and their allies, who they really are.

see you on youtube...

p.s. sorry for those that will go there. I will not miss you.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:06:26 PM

Take a look at the countries which were "helped" by the United States, such as Moldova and Ukraine. They are in an even worse state. And for your information, these two countries are now the poorest nations in the European continent. And Venezuela and Syria are not the only countries in the world which received Russian funds.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: