Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin does not work.  (Read 3014 times)
EurGold (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

http://eurgold.eu

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:09:10 PM

Bitcoin does not work because people do not trust to buy things with bitcoin. I have a site running now for 5 months selling precious metals, made plenty of sales with credit card, bank transfer, no problems but not a single bitcoin purchase!

What is the point in bitcoin again?

David Rabahy

Activity: 709
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:11:51 PM

Hmm, perhaps Bitcoin folks don't want precious metals; unlike non-Bitcoin folks that don't know that Bitcoin is better than precious metals.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:13:29 PM

Bitcoin does not work for me because people do not trust me enough to buy my things with bitcoin. I have a site running now for 5 months selling precious metals, made plenty of sales with credit card, bank transfer, no problems but not a single bitcoin purchase!

What is the point in bitcoin for me again?

FTFY.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:14:19 PM

Bitcoin does not work because people do not trust to buy things with bitcoin. I have a site running now for 5 months selling precious metals, made plenty of sales with credit card, bank transfer, no problems but not a single bitcoin purchase!

I get your point, i haven't sold a single hosting package with bitcoin... Eventough my site gets a reasonable amount of traffic, nobody uses bitcoin to buy...

In the user's defence: my layout isn't that great, and i don't have contact info... but since my prices are low, i would have assumed some people would be interested... Sad

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:19:21 PM

I get your point, i haven't sold a single hosting package with bitcoin... Eventough my site gets a reasonable amount of traffic, nobody uses bitcoin to buy...

In the user's defence: my layout isn't that great, and i don't have contact info... but since my prices are low, i would have assumed some people would be interested... Sad

That's pretty much ridiculous. If I was going to buy something that needs to stay online 24/7 and I don't even have a contact info, whats the purpose?
You can simply shutdown and I won't be able to complain neither get my money back.
The (low) price doesn't pay the risk, everyone should already know that.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:23:52 PM

I want gold. I go to your site.

I can either pay with a credit card which costs me nothing or I can spend my Bitcoin of which there's a strong chance I've lost money on at this stage. If I want to replace the Bitcoin I've spent I have to pay fees to buy it again. Er, let's go credit card.

People might diversify into gold with it if they received a good rise in value. Other than that there's no incentive to use it.
21Bitcoinpower

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:26:20 PM

Bitcoin is good for hodling and hoping for Bitcoin to reach $10000.

It is not meant to be spent and used as money.
Also with Credit Card, you got good consumer protection. With Bitcoin you do not.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:29:42 PM

Bitcoin is to replace gold.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:41:19 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 01:58:47 PM by Blawpaw

That is probably because people who have bought through your site don't even know what bitcoin is. Bitcoin is still going mainstream, there are still a lot of people that doesn't know about it. Furthermore, many people still don't know how to get bitcoin...
More and more people are joining and it is just a matter of time for bitcoin to become a global currency standard.
CryptBit

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:43:19 PM

Trust comes with time, and bitcoin does work.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:45:49 PM

Bitcoiners can send any amount of bitcoin around the world  in 10 minutes for a few cents. Tried sending gold threw the post ? Haha.

Private keys can be encrypted with a password, so unlinke gold, Bitcoin is much more resistant against theft.

You understand now ? Since Bitcoin overpowers and disrupts gold in every aspect, why would Bitcoiners buy gold ??

neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:51:29 PM

The group of people using bitcoin and visiting your site is probably a very small percentage of the total buyers on your site, the most common reasons have allready been explained, buying with credit card has more securities for the buyer and is cheaper. Buying into bitcoin is an investment for most, just like buying your metals is. Not many people will buy your gold with silver?

But still, the group of people worldwide using bitcoin is very very small, the chance of them buying something at your site is even smaller. But do not fear, spread your business and make it clear that you accept bitcoin, starting a topic here is a good start, create awareness, make the non bitcoin users aware there are shops that accept bitcoin, even though is does not have any effect for you, you do make that little change within the bitcoin community and there one day will be that first bitcoin/gold tranfer you hoped for and it will feel good!

21Bitcoinpower

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:52:03 PM

Bitcoiners can send any amount of bitcoin around the world  in 10 minutes for a few cents. Tried sending gold threw the post ? Haha.

Private keys can be encrypted with a password, so unlinke gold, Bitcoin is much more resistant against theft.

You understand now ? Since Bitcoin overpowers and disrupts gold in every aspect, why would Bitcoiners buy gold ??
But you cannot put Bitcoin into your asshole.
So if you are in jail and need to buy things, it is better to have a few ounces of gold in your asshole to purchase stuff in prison.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:54:39 PM

That's pretty much ridiculous. If I was going to buy something that needs to stay online 24/7 and I don't even have a contact info, whats the purpose?
You can simply shutdown and I won't be able to complain neither get my money back.
The (low) price doesn't pay the risk, everyone should already know that.

In my opinion, bitcoin is great because of it anonymous nature... It protects the identity of both the seller and the buyer.

True, the reason you've stated here is probably the main cause why i didn't sell any packages, still it makes me wonder why nobody buys something this cheap. Sure, they don't trust me... But i don't think a silkroad user trusted the drugsdealer he was buying weed from either, and he didn't have his contact info either to complain when he wasn't getting high... (i'm not condoning illegal behaviour here, just making a point).

The price of my basic package is $2.5/month without a coupon, and about $1.5/month with coupon. What's the worst that can happen? I can close the service after 2 weeks, and you got ripped off for 75 cents... But after your scam report, i'll never sell a package ever again, so i would basically have spend several hours setting up a server + several bucks for a domainname to rip somebody off for 75 cents...

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and i respect your view, but i find it strange that my packages got over 1500 views and not a single buy using bitcoin...

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:56:34 PM

Lots of Bitcoiners are into gold. It doesn't move me personally but plenty of folks have a balance of both.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:59:29 PM

So if you are in jail and need to buy things, it is better to have a few ounces of gold in your asshole to purchase stuff in prison.

What possible use is gold in jail? It just sits there are twinkles. Drugs or cigarettes will get you the stuff you want.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:13:51 PM

Bitcoin work, but the problem is that your site is not very popular among BTC users  Grin Start to advertise it in BTC users sites and your sales in BTC go up  Grin
Gutemberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:22:32 PM

I think that the fact that now a bitcoin is quoted around $ 200 does not push their owners to spend it....

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:32:37 PM

Most people see Bitcoin as an investment, just as precious metals are. So a site selling Bitcoin will probably have more potential.

BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:43:54 PM

As a cam girl I think that's why big box sites did away with btc. They probably saw that there are far too many people afraid to use it or don't trust enough to send it that they'd do better to just keep their focus on Visa/MC etc. It's the same thing with one business I'm in. I signed up and I have about 250 referrals that all came from a btc ptc site. I was ecstatic at first but then I realized not one of them has even put a few btc in to get it going. 99% are all hoping they're going to profit off of that 20 euro promotion without putting a dime or even a btc in. The rest have stated they'll deposit money from a credit card or do a wire but btc ? Nada.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░