Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-09-23] Hacked.com SEARCHTRADE IS REVOLUTIONIZING THE SEARCH ENGINE  (Read 392 times)
searchtrade (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 04:07:55 PM

It isn’t evolution when the script gets a re-write. It’s revolution.

A new startup – SearchTrade, armed with a simple but ground-breaking concept is looking to change the way we use the most widely used resource on the internet – the search engine.

SearchTrade uses a methodology and concept that is strikingly different to conventional, established models of search engines such as Google, Bing & Yahoo. The difference? It aims to reward you for the time spent searching while on search engines, with Bitcoin.

“I began my research with an objective of finding a digital asset that had properties similar to that of a physical asset,” notes Vishal Gupta, CEO and Co-Founder of SearchTrade on his advent into looking at search engines in a new way.

Vishal Gupta
“While doing my research, It dawned upon me that most commonly indulged activity on the internet is searching, since everything we do on the internet starts with an act of search. I then put my mind on designing a system that would turn the act of 'searching' into an economic opportunity for all,” Gupta explains.

The startup is currently garnering plenty of interest by selling ‘keywords’ to buyers interested in claiming them as assets. Keywords used during a search creates revenue for the owner of the keyword, besides the Bitcoin payout guaranteed to the user searching for the keywords.

SearchTrade has already raised over 200 Bitcoins, (approx USD $45,000) within a week of the launch of its crowd-sale where 500 keywords were snapped up by investors. The company is planning more crowd-sales for other keywords in the coming days.

At the time of writing this, the startup is currently gearing itself for the launch of its search platform in 85 days.

The Concept – a Fully Realized, Rewarding Search Engine

The search engine industry is a significant one and is unsurprisingly dominated by Google – both in reach and revenue. Internet marketers spend billions of dollars every year on search advertising, and it’s easy to see why. Localized searches performed by millions of internet users looking for a product or a service nearby are online leads that convert to sales. This sure-fire business model coupled with the pay-per-click concept for keywords (AdWords) that place targeted advertisements has businesses opting for search engines as a significant medium for marketing.

Despite the successes of the search engine industry, Gupta sees the potential for building a better search-engine business model where wealth is created and shared between users and the business since it's users' participation that creates the wealth in first place.

“I strongly believe that search is the most neglected business on the internet,” contends Gupta. He means to tap into it by rewarding stakeholders for every act of search – including the end-user searching for anything on the search engine, with Bitcoin.

On SearchTrade, users can choose from a variety of search engines listed on their app market to do a search from. They are also actively building their own search-based applications ahead of their launch. The demo site is currently available here.

https://hacked.com/searchtrade-revolutionizing-search-engine/ Read Full Article at hacked.com
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:31:34 PM

I remember when using Goggle I could find what I wanted in the first page now it takes me 30 mins just to sift through all the crap they got on there. Glad there's someone else to use now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: