Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the free market helps the environment  (Read 1967 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 06:26:01 PM

Vague and meaningless chatter.

Thanks for the summary. Saved me from having to read the rest of your post.

Your knowledge on the environment is so limited, it makes no sense for you to even consider pushing your fantasy political ideal within the context of environmental issues.
to reiterate:

You're more than welcome to necro your thread where you were educating us about the dangers of free markets to the environment, or you can go back to wanking to avant-garde films. I don't recall yanking your chain.

What is that but an admission that you're both lacking in information about the environment, and too lazy to proactively study it yourself?

And regarding films, I believe it was you who said Woman in the Dunes and Pale Flower were shitty foreign films. I quote below:

If I haven't read the propaganda books you recommend me, what makes you think I'm going to watch the shitty foreign movies you suggest? Now if you have something to add to the discussion, please do. If not, go jack off again to the picture of the spotted owl.

You're displaying ignorance when compared against film critics and the public alike, further compounded by your own admission that haven't seen the films, and thus are in no position to judge. Here's two more recommendations for you, so I can see you make more of a fool of yourself as you render your uneducated opinion on the matter: watch Yi Yi and Tokyo Story. I think your actions are an excellent summary of you: you are pretentiously knowledgeable about things you don't actually know anything about.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 06:34:43 PM

What is that but an admission that you're both lacking in information about the environment, and too lazy to proactively study it yourself?

Specifically, it's a request for you to either get off your lazy ass and finish what you started, or fuck off. Either way, stop saying that my knowledge of the environment is so lacking when you can remedy that, and have yet to even prove it.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 06:53:42 PM

Specifically, it's a request for you to either get off your lazy ass and finish what you started, or fuck off. Either way, stop saying that my knowledge of the environment is so lacking when you can remedy that, and have yet to even prove it.

Ever hear the saying: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink?" I have provided you with book links. It's not my responsibility to retype the content of those books here. Nor is it my responsibility to be your teacher. If you want to educate yourself, then do so. If not, then stop tying your political agendas to domains of knowledge you are ignorant of.

The knowledge is out there. Go get it. But never say that I am responsible for your own education.

I cannot fathom where you think you are justified in calling me lazy when it's your education we are discussing.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 07:35:49 PM

Because I contend that I need no further education. You're the one saying I am lacking. If you want me to read those books, I suggest you buy them for me. I have an Amazon account, and you can even gift them directly to my Kindle. I promise I'll read them if you do. I'm not going to expend my resources to make you happy. It's enough that I'll be spending time.

So, either correct my "ignorance", or fuck off. Either way, you won't have to deal with it any more.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:20:58 PM

Because I contend that I need no further education.

You may not need any more education, as long as you operate within the bounds of your knowledge. But you have stepped outside of those bounds by promoting your political ideology with examples from a domain that you currently remain ignorant of: ecology.

So, either correct my "ignorance", or fuck off. Either way, you won't have to deal with it any more.

I currently am correcting your ignorance by pointing out that you are ignorant of the fact that you need more knowledge within certain domains before you conflate your political ideology with ecology and other environmental issues. You have now been informed of this shortcoming. In the future, don't push your political ideals by claiming its environmental effects until you are well informed about ecology, and other environmental issues.

I see no reason to "fuck off", as you say, if you continue to do so, while willfully choosing to remain uninformed on the complexities of the environment. By willfully, I mean by your own admission, as quoted below:

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:37:52 PM

You may not need any more education, as long as you operate within the bounds of your knowledge. But you have stepped outside of those bounds by promoting your political ideology with examples from a domain that you currently remain ignorant of: ecology.

I see no ignorance. That's the problem. You say I am ignorant, I say I am not. Prove it.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:40:07 PM

Is this one of these threads where people use different definitions of "free market" and then derail the discussion into a "NO U" rampage?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:43:41 PM

Is this one of these threads where people use different definitions of "free market" and then derail the discussion into a "NO U" rampage?

Well, I don't know about the different definitions, but it's definitely been derailed into "NO U."

FirstAscent

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:57:59 PM

I see no ignorance. That's the problem. You say I am ignorant, I say I am not. Prove it.

My proof lies with your own statement:

Personally, I quest for knowledge everyday. And I learn everyday. By doing so, I realize that I would never make a statement like you, until the day I die, no matter how long I may live.

I would never make a claim that I need no further education, in virtually any domain. The wiser one gets, the more he's aware of how little he knows. However, you're free to believe you know it all, and by extension, appear the fool in discussion.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 09:01:43 PM

Personally, I quest for knowledge everyday. And I learn everyday. By doing so, I realize that I would never make a statement like you, until the day I die, no matter how long I may live.

Oh, indeed, I do learn new things every day, and continually seek knowledge. But I am not in need of education. And certainly not from the likes of you.

FirstAscent

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:03:32 PM

Oh, indeed, I do learn new things every day, and continually seek knowledge. But I am not in need of education. And certainly not from the likes of you.

Then stop requesting that I revive a certain thread and summarize large quantities of scientific studies for you.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 10:09:53 PM

Then stop requesting that I revive a certain thread and summarize large quantities of scientific studies for you.

Stop stalking me, trying to educate me on the environment (and please, god, movies), and it's a deal. If you wish to educate me, you know where to do it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: