Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 11:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Kindshack - Blockchain Powered Platform For Buying and Selling Cool Stuff  (Read 2341 times)
npl (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:13:30 PM

Kindshack is an innovative auction platform based on blockchain technology and launching this month. Kindshack will allow anyone to bid on awesome rewards, as well as sell cool stuff of their own.

Blockchain for social good: you'll be able to bid on Kindshack.com using Kindcoins, an asset powered by Counterparty. Counterparty is a platform which can be used for creating custom tokens which act as their own cryptocurrency, while still running on the Bitcoin blockchain. The only way to earn Kindcoins is by verifiably pledging to causes. All pledges to causes are made in a decentralized manner – we are not personally connected to the causes you choose to give to, and do not have any access to the funds you pledge.

Kindcoin distribution: A total of 21M Kindcoins will be distributed in 10 phases. The first phase will distribute up to 1.6M Kindcoins. Learn more about Kindcoin here.

Kindshack is launching in the next few days. Sign up on the site to get advance notice.

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:41:49 PM

The concept is quite unique and great but the exchange ratio for kindcoin compare to USD is rather on a high side for a new coin in the first face because people here are more familiar with free coin distributions.
All the same I wish you good luck.
bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:24:18 PM

I don't know. What type of warranty do you offer, because when I buy things in china Aliexpress has a perfect escrow, if I use banggood I pay paypal but if I pay with crypto to you, you could not send me anything or send me broken things.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:53:04 PM

Counterparty charge pretty high amount for transfer fee and wd fee.

But how to earn this coins besides sell stuff?
bytezero

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:57:45 PM

They told me that you earn it when you "pledge to a cause" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182234.msg12511827#msg12511827 , I don't know it is strange.
npl (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:20:21 PM

The concept is quite unique and great but the exchange ratio for kindcoin compare to USD is rather on a high side for a new coin in the first face because people here are more familiar with free coin distributions.

Thanks. The exchange rate is relative to value of course (and depends on supply and demand). But you should be able to get rewards on Kindshack for a decent price. Plus, all the money pledged to release new coins goes to good causes rather than the developers. 

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.
npl (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:21:29 PM

See the instructions on earning coins here - http://kindco.in/launch/.

Let me know if you have any questions.

bytezero

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:57:23 AM

Ok it seems fine but I will wait until I see the store open to know how to spend the coin so I won't be getting useless coins.
melisande

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:55:06 AM

Thanks. The exchange rate is relative to value of course (and depends on supply and demand). But you should be able to get rewards on Kindshack for a decent price. Plus, all the money pledged to release new coins goes to good causes rather than the developers. 
It seems convincing but I will like to wait and see some progress about this coin, people are ready to buy bitcoin at any amount because the innovations are in it, I don't mind buying your coin at higher price when you have put some innovations in place.
alwinlinzee

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:46:00 AM

First phase of this coin have been sold but how did it go? What are the measures that the dev put in place to maintain the price of the coin.

bytezero

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:38:44 PM

First phase of this coin have been sold but how did it go? What are the measures that the dev put in place to maintain the price of the coin.
It hasn't been sold, what are you saying? Please stop inventing things. You can't put any measure to maintain the value of a coin. And whoever tells you it is a liar. It is based just in the market and seeing the official topic almost nobody is going to trust this guys. And this coin is not even changed in any altcoin exchanger.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:46:30 PM

See the instructions on earning coins here - http://kindco.in/launch/.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This is interesting, so i can earn kindcoin and at once i contribute to charity campaign, isn't?
it's awesome! i will try to contribute soon.
alwinlinzee

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:10:24 PM

It hasn't been sold, what are you saying? Please stop inventing things. You can't put any measure to maintain the value of a coin. And whoever tells you it is a liar. It is based just in the market and seeing the official topic almost nobody is going to trust this guys. And this coin is not even changed in any altcoin exchanger.
I am not inventing anything but the coin ann. thread claimed that it is lunched that is why I said it have been sold, a coin that does not have it roots grounded yet is been sold at 64 per $1, I agreed with you that the guy could not be trusted entirely.

npl (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:59:47 PM

The first phase of the distribution has only just begun, so it is not yet sold out. There is no honest way to 'maintain' the price of the coin, and we are not interested in engaging in any manipulation.

However we believe there are good reasons why Kindcoins will end up doing well:

- Kindcoins are allocated by verifiably pledging to a worthy cause. Therefore every $1 you pledge for 64 Kindcoins ends up doing actual good in the world. We don't 'sell' you the coin at that price - the money is not being sent to the developers (like in an ICO) or anything like that.

- Because they are a reward for doing good, Kindcoins will appeal not only to cryptocurrency fans but to everyone.

- Kindcoins is probably the easiest way to get digital currency for people who are unfamiliar with that world - all you have to do is pledge for a cause on a widely known platform (like Indiegogo) in dollars, and receive your Kindcoins. You can even use paypal.

- We will soon be launching Kindshack, an auction platform which will let you bid on awesome rewards, using only your Kindcoins. Therefore, each Kindcoin will represent real value.

This is interesting, so i can earn kindcoin and at once i contribute to charity campaign, isn't?
it's awesome! i will try to contribute soon.

Yes, this is ultimately the strongest draw for Kindcoins and the reason why we started this project.

bytezero

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:05:11 PM

But who gives value to kindcoin? You will have to pay a price for the chinese products you are selling. You can't pay back a factory with kindcoin.
Are these from aliexpress or any website? Dropshipping?
melisande

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:21:37 AM

But who gives value to kindcoin? You will have to pay a price for the chinese products you are selling. You can't pay back a factory with kindcoin.
All the OP have explained so far actually make sense but he needs real fund to deal with Aliexpress and the likes though I also appreciate giving money out for charity purpose.
npl (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:25:07 PM

The price of Kindcoins will be determined, like everything else, through supply and demand. On the Kindshack platform, bidders will decide for themselves how many Kindcoins they want to pay for the item they are bidding for. However, for now the market for Kindcoins is not yet established (we haven't distributed any coins yet, so obviously trading has not begun!) and we will be subsidizing the rewards ourselves. Why? To encourage people to give more to worthy causes.

Eventually, Kindcoins will acquire value, and then prices on Kindshack should approximate what the items would cost in other currencies, more or less. As Satoshi himself wrote some years ago on this very forum:

"in the absence of a market to establish the price estimates based on production cost is a good guess. The price of any commodity tends to gravitate toward the production cost. If the price is below cost, then production slows down. If the price is above cost, profit can be made by generating and selling more".

rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:00:01 AM

Yes I understand that, but if you open your store in 4 days then nobody will be able to use it if kindcoins doesn't have any value yet.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:21:52 PM

Will the store bitcoin too ? Or just kind coin ? It would be pretty bad if the store only accepted kind coin since that would indicate that store is only meant to "pump" kindcoin.
npl (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:41:27 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 08:10:17 PM by npl

Will the store bitcoin too ? Or just kind coin ? It would be pretty bad if the store only accepted kind coin since that would indicate that store is only meant to "pump" kindcoin.

Kindshack is designed to reward people who give to worthy causes, and that's why the currency is Kindcoins - since every Kindcoin represents real money being pledged to do good. However, to make the platform more accessible we'll consider integrating a service (such as Shapeshift) that allows for auto conversion to pay with bitcoin and other currencies. Since these transactions will ultimately still be denominated in Kindcoins, every such transaction will still represent a pledge to support a cause.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: