Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is It Possible To Legally Sell My Old Car In Exchange For Bitcoin?  (Read 1181 times)
Yoga4 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:05:23 AM

To sum this all up, I have a 2005 Chevy Impala LS Sport that no longer runs efficiently. The car starts up, and it does run, but there is something in the transmission that ain't right. It slips and won't get out of first gear unless you drive it around for 30 minutes in the neighborhood before it starts to click in. The car is worth roughly $1200-$1500 just in parts alone between the rims, steel, and anything else you can scrap. Ideally I am looking to actually sell my car for Bitcoin. Its a clean title, I have all the necessary paperwork, but does anyone know how I can actually go about this legally and safely?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:12:57 AM

If you are planning to sell your car for bitcoin then you are in the wrong section, this should be in the Marketplace under Goods.
You can post this there and much better if you can post a picture of what you are selling.

Yoga4 (OP)

Activity: 130

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:20:19 PM

My apologies, I could not tell if this was a "trading" matter of exchanging one thing for Bitcoin, or if it was a sell type of deal.

Thanks for the heads up.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:23:28 PM

Of course you can sell your car for Bitcoin. Just put a sale order on some local online trading platforms. That shouldn't be a problem. And as method of payment just write Bitcoin. And if you can not find anyone who is familiar with it sell for cash and then buy Bitcoin via localbitcoins.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:34:52 PM

1.500 dollars doesn't seem too much to worry about in terms of taxes. I would start worrying if it was a bit more expensive and you didn't pay any taxes on it. I don't know where's the cutoff tho. You should get your stuff taxed anyway (obligatory statement).
SerenaL

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:15:22 AM

I tihnk it should be ok, just transfer over the title.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:31:34 AM

Smoothie's Hawaiian Property For Sale

Asking Price: $231,093.6483 <-----yes the decimals =)

I am accepting $1 + one of the following payment methods…

Payments Accepted (one or more of the following that total to at least the asking price listed above):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|            PAYMENT TYPE                               |            % OF TOTAL PAYMENT               |            PRICE MECHANISM          |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|           BITCOIN(BTC)                            |      remainder of % payment               |     14-DAY SMA of CoinDesk BPI |
|          LITECOIN(LTC)                            |  no more than 25% of the total price     |    PM FOR DETAILS                   |
|          MONERO(XMR)                            |  no more than 5% of the total price      |     PM FOR DETAILS                  |
| PHYSICAL SILVER BULLION (.999 Fine)     |  no more than 15% of the total price     |    PM FOR DETAILS                   |
|   PHYSICAL GOLD BULLION (.999 Fine)     |  no more than 20% of the total price     |    PM FOR DETAILS                   |
|           $ DOLLARS                                |      no more than 5% of the total price  |    PM FOR DETAILS                   |

FAQs

1. WHY $1 +…?

To at least satisfy the condition of consideration of payment in my local government currency.

3. Can I just pay in Bitcoin?

Yes. All accept the $1 difference to be accepted in cash.

This was how smoothie was advertising his sale, so I assume depending on your local government regulations it is possible.

alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

This is actually possible and you can get it sold here easily, just create a thread for it and they will send the btc to the escrow service agent here and the fund will be released to you after the person have received the car.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:16:15 PM

Good luck, I am sure you will find a seller somewhere.  We just need an ebay type site that is BTC focused, I have seem a couple of small attempts but nothing that warrants any decent traffic to make it worthwhile.
asad777

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:26:37 PM

it is possible but hard since it is a car
the easiest way is to sell it normally then but bitcions with it
good luck Wink
alwinlinzee

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:54:48 PM

it is possible but hard since it is a car
the easiest way is to sell it normally then but bitcions with it
good luck Wink
I do not agree with you on this because it is not hard provided there is someone willing to buy, it is just like any non digital products.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:10:00 PM

It is possible to sell your card for bitcoins but what i would suggest you and the buyer is that both is good to be from the same country and the deal to be physically and you can transfer all the documents,ownership to the buyer.
So the buyer can send the bitcoins to you in front of you and the deal is done. Good luck in finding any potential buyer Smiley
alwinlinzee

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:27:39 PM

It is possible to sell your card for bitcoins but what i would suggest you and the buyer is that both is good to be from the same country and the deal to be physically and you can transfer all the documents,ownership to the buyer.
So the buyer can send the bitcoins to you in front of you and the deal is done. Good luck in finding any potential buyer Smiley
I do not agree with this also because people world wide order for cars and it is easily exported to them.
Import and export business still triumph.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:32:28 PM

I do not agree with this also because people world wide order for cars and it is easily exported to them.

It just take too long to finish the procedures to import and export in this case from U.S to EU.

Is is more easily to finish the deal in the same country and the transfer of bitcoins will be easily.
alwinlinzee

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:43:36 PM

It just take too long to finish the procedures to import and export in this case from U.S to EU.

Is is more easily to finish the deal in the same country and the transfer of bitcoins will be easily.
Staying in the same country for both seller and buyer is an additional advantage which I cannot but agreed with.

bittamak

Activity: 444

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:50:47 PM

I think cryptopia.co.nz has launched marketplace to sell items for bitcoins/altcoins. Check it out.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 10:59:52 AM

Do scrap yards even know what bitcoin is? Not so long ago I took my car to scrapi.com they had no clue about bitcoin whatsoever. I think that bitcoin will definitely become an universal currency if it keeps going at this rate. When we talk about science fiction which inevitably becomes a reality over time, we can see that in almost any novel about future we encounter the term of an universal currency. Putting the philosophy aside, in my opinion it would be great to have bitcoin integrated in more parts of our lives.

In my country at least it is highly unlikely you'd find a scrap dealer who knew what bitcoin even was, let alone be willing to trade you bitcoin for a car. The most sensible route to take would be sell a car for cash and then convert it to bitcoin via somewhere like localbitcoin.com. Bitcoin has a bright future but there are still a lot of sectors where the "old boys" will not be tech savvy and even if they are - if they have bought bitcoin they likely want to hold on to it when the price is moving up like it has been the last few days.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████