Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Once banned can a person be unbanned again?  (Read 797 times)
bannedaccount3124 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:05:06 AM

Question in the topic, would be helpful if mods can answer the question.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:12:09 AM

Yes, otherwise you wouldn't have so many ban appeals in meta. But the reasons better be good.
bannedaccount3124 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:17:03 AM

Yes, otherwise you wouldn't have so many ban appeals in meta. But the reasons better be good.
What do you mean by that? Something like bussiness to handle ? Well in my case I just love being here, hard staying even 1 day from here, and just got my ban extended.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 06:20:00 AM

What do you mean by that? Something like bussiness to handle ? Well in my case I just love being here, hard staying even 1 day from here, and just got my ban extended.

Well the main reason for a ban is spam, the first ban is considered a warning, if your ban was extended it means you either kept spamming or you evaded the ban. In both cases your chances are very low to have your ban removed before the time is up or lifted if its permanent. I think most either get it directly or after the first ban.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bannedaccount3124 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:24:24 AM

Well the main reason for a ban is spam, the first ban is considered a warning, if your ban was extended it means you either kept spamming or you evaded the ban. In both cases your chances are very low to have your ban removed before the time is up or lifted if its permanent. I think most either get it directly or after the first ban.
Yeah I do admit I had spammed, believe it or not it was out of boredom(don't think you'll believe it anyway).
And I do think the extension of ban was rightfully done as I did try to evade my ban by posting from my alt, but isn't there some way to make things right?
Like reduce my ban by some days as my current ban is too much in my guess, but I do understand no mod is gonna even consider it.
As for the bolded part I didnot understand it
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 08:48:01 AM

Yeah I do admit I had spammed, believe it or not it was out of boredom(don't think you'll believe it anyway).
And I do think the extension of ban was rightfully done as I did try to evade my ban by posting from my alt, but isn't there some way to make things right?

Sure there is, wait out the ban. 2nd ban would be 14 or 60 days depending on the first one. The damage was done and everything you say now are just words and thus will not change the admins view on the ban. The only thing you can do is to not spam once you have your accounts back and that requires you to wait.

Like reduce my ban by some days as my current ban is too much in my guess, but I do understand no mod is gonna even consider it.

What I meant with the bolded part was that there a essentially a few types of people here. Those that newer get banned, those that get a few bans and change their behavior accordingly and those that never get it and just keep getting banned with their new accounts. Currently I think you are one of those that get it after a ban or two.

Keep in mind that I am no part of the admin team nor related, yadda, yadda, yadda... thus I might be wrong and you are the special case, but I doubt it.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bannedaccount3124 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:46:35 AM

Sure there is, wait out the ban. 2nd ban would be 14 or 60 days depending on the first one. The damage was done and everything you say now are just words and thus will not change the admins view on the ban. The only thing you can do is to not spam once you have your accounts back and that requires you to wait.

What I meant with the bolded part was that there a essentially a few types of people here. Those that newer get banned, those that get a few bans and change their behavior accordingly and those that never get it and just keep getting banned with their new accounts. Currently I think you are one of those that get it after a ban or two.

Keep in mind that I am no part of the admin team nor related, yadda, yadda, yadda... thus I might be wrong and you are the special case, but I doubt it.
This is my first ban and I got it for 14 days(extended 45 days now). Thanks for your help shorena, I trust your word
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:59:04 AM

AFAIK admins doesnt unban accounts, you only need to wait for the ban to expire (7,14,60) unless it is permanent banned

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:08:59 PM

This is my first ban and I got it for 14 days(extended 45 days now). Thanks for your help shorena, I trust your word

If 45 day's consider yourself lucky.  How you mentioned ban evasion earlier normally that is a automatic perm ban.  So someone took it easy on you if you got 45 days.

Just ride it out and do not do any alt's or try to beat the system in that 45 day's.  I would guess you would not get lucky a next time on not being perm ban.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: