Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:46:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Connect S5 to Corsair CX750M  (Read 984 times)
edric (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:06:37 PM

Hey,

I was wondering if someone could help explain how to connect my S5 to this Corsair CX750M. 

It came with two of these cables (dual 6+2 pin PCI connectors)

Do I plug them into these two ports? 

If so, how do I know where to plug them in on my S5?  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:22:40 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 12:10:30 AM by Biodom

several things:
1. Don't forget to "jump" the PSU. use paper clip (cut it or use a larger one) to get a U-shaped structure, then connect fourth and fifth connector (fourth is green, fifth is black) in 24 pin connector (on the clip side) with this paper clip. The best is to insert the 'legs' of the paper clip inside the connector without damaging it-should be OK, but proceed cautiously. Some people tape it afterwards or use isolated wire instead of a paperclip, because obviously you don't want to short it by accident.
2. Insert the connector that has 8 pins (Not 6+2) into the receptacle on corsair that says 6+2 PCIe. It has to go only in one orientation (it will be obvious).
3. attach two branches of a branched cable to the 6 pin connectors (look whitish on your photo) on the same side. CX750 has two branched cables, so I cable per board, each branch engaging a connector.

BTW, i still have two CX750 and two CX500 if anybody wants them.

edric (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:32:16 PM

several things:
1. Don't forget to "jump" the PSU. use paper clip (cut it or use a larger one) to get a U-shaped structure, then connect fourth and fifth connector (fourth is green, fifth is balck) in 24 pin connector (on the clip side) with this paper clip. tThe best is to insert the 'legs' of the paper clip inside the connector without damaging it-should be OK, but proceed cautiously. Some people tape it afterwards or use isolated wire instead of a paperclip, because obviously you don't want to short it by accident.
2. Insert the connector that has 8 pins (Not 6+2) into the receptacle on corsair that says 6+2 PCIe. It has to go only in one orientation (it will be obvious).
3. attach two branches of a branched cable to the 6 pin connectors (look whitish on your photo) on the same side. CX750 has two branched cables, so I cable per board, each branch engaging a connector.

Thanks for the tip on jumping it.  Last one I got was already done. 

So I need to insert two of those 6+2pin PCI cables and connect them to the same side of the miner long ways like in this picture?

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:06:49 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 04:14:38 PM by Biodom

several things:
1. Don't forget to "jump" the PSU. use paper clip (cut it or use a larger one) to get a U-shaped structure, then connect fourth and fifth connector (fourth is green, fifth is balck) in 24 pin connector (on the clip side) with this paper clip. tThe best is to insert the 'legs' of the paper clip inside the connector without damaging it-should be OK, but proceed cautiously. Some people tape it afterwards or use isolated wire instead of a paperclip, because obviously you don't want to short it by accident.

Thanks for the tip on jumping it.  Last one I got was already done.  

So I need to insert two of those 6+2pin PCI cables and connect them to the same side of the miner long ways like in this picture?

this picture is not very clear.
i am not sure what is that yellow stuff. corsair cables are black, so it is probably a different psu.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:26:22 AM

several things:

Thanks for the tip on jumping it.  Last one I got was already done. 

Yes plug all 4 connectors, don't mix power supplies on the same board but you,re only using one so no problem. Once running for a while make sure the connectors aren't burning hot. If they are you will have to unplug the +6 and use 4 individual cable.

Thats it.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:45:50 AM

Always check the temperature of cables and the coupling at the psu and miner!!!

The main cable will have ~280w passing thru it! if quality of the cable, or the pins, or the pins enclosure is bad, than you will have problems!

If they get too hot, then i would think of getting 12v from molex and 8pin cpu! check the pics beneath

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14tSuJXXXXXXvXFXXq6xXFXXXq/20CM-CPU-8Pin-to-Dual-8-6-2-Pin-PCI-E-PCI-Express-Y-Splitter-Graphics.jpg
https://www.hardwarewebwinkel.nl/pi/delock-power-cable-2-x-4-pins-molex-6-pins-pci-express-82315-/large/kabels_intern_molex_pci-e_t-82315.jpg
edric (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:42:19 AM

The main cable will have ~280w passing thru it! if quality of the cable, or the pins, or the pins enclosure is bad, than you will have problems!

If they get too hot, then i would think of getting 12v from molex and 8pin cpu! check the pics beneath

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14tSuJXXXXXXvXFXXq6xXFXXXq/20CM-CPU-8Pin-to-Dual-8-6-2-Pin-PCI-E-PCI-Express-Y-Splitter-Graphics.jpg
https://www.hardwarewebwinkel.nl/pi/delock-power-cable-2-x-4-pins-molex-6-pins-pci-express-82315-/large/kabels_intern_molex_pci-e_t-82315.jpg

Thanks everyone.  I got it all working fine.  Found some youtube videos to make sure the cable were connected right.  As far as the cables being hot.  I just checked.  They are warm, but not hot.  I spread the miner from the PSU because I thought the warmth could just be coming from the miner.  The hashing rate is good so I think it's all good.  Thanks again!

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:49:02 AM

Thanks everyone.  I got it all working fine.  Found some youtube videos to make sure the cable were connected right.  As far as the cables being hot.  I just checked.  They are warm, but not hot.  I spread the miner from the PSU because I thought the warmth could just be coming from the miner.  The hashing rate is good so I think it's all good.  Thanks again!

Good luck with that S5. The best solution for the heat and noise i found was to use a big box fan and have air block through the fins by putting the miner sideway. This would also cool the wires so 2 bird one stone.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌