Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed 75 Bitcoins by Skype Scammer 'BankerBTC' - Community Beware  (Read 3108 times)
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:48:38 PM

I am sorry to hear you got scammed, it is never easy. That said, if your whole business revolves around bitcoin you SHOULD have known about all the tricks that people will use to take your money. You are not a "normal person" who may not know otherwise - it is your business to know or you will inevitably end up in a situation like this. Whether it was sent directly by the scammer through hacked online banking or other people were fooled into sending money - the whole point of an escrow service like this is to reduce or limit risk. I would be highly suspicious of the person in your company who commenced the trades - they are either part of the scam or too naive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:05:28 PM

i dont know why u guys believe on skype traders...watching their doesnt means that u got the face and you can catch him....it will obviously will be difficult...so take escrow in that kind of deals....

Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:07:04 AM

Are you sure that the guy who scammed you wasn't the guy who was dealing with that transaction?
Maybe the scammer and the buyer were the same people and you got scammed by someone you know.

From the reported scams it is clear, in each of his scam, BankerBTC has an accomplice. He does the BTC deal on Skype and his accomplice (or accomplice of accomplice) makes up the Facebook hack story and claims the chargeback from the bank/victim. They both profit from the scam. But, if the victim still has access to the accomplice who claimed the chargeback he possibly can save himself.
Marbit (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:42:26 AM

I am sorry to hear you got scammed, it is never easy. That said, if your whole business revolves around bitcoin you SHOULD have known about all the tricks that people will use to take your money. You are not a "normal person" who may not know otherwise - it is your business to know or you will inevitably end up in a situation like this. Whether it was sent directly by the scammer through hacked online banking or other people were fooled into sending money - the whole point of an escrow service like this is to reduce or limit risk. I would be highly suspicious of the person in your company who commenced the trades - they are either part of the scam or too naive.

The company is developing new technologies in cryptocurrency, and bitcoin trading isn’t even a minor part of the company’s business model. It was taken up to understand the bitcoin ecosystem. One may think the escrow system like the one in LocalBitcoin.com would be fool proof, but it isn’t. We even had a couple of charge backs coming from LBC trades claiming that the funds for purchase of bitcoins were transferred from a hacked account. The worst part is the banks and cops buy that ridiculous theory.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:01:34 AM

Scam, scam, scam its all I ever hear. You literally can't trust anyone in this game.

I can count on 2 hands members that I know on this forum I'd trust with more than 1BTC of my money.
Marbit (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:27:49 AM

i dont know why u guys believe on skype traders...watching their doesnt means that u got the face and you can catch him....it will obviously will be difficult...so take escrow in that kind of deals....
Please read my response to Fortify regarding escrows. We’ve come to conclude that these types of scams are thriving not because of any negligence on the part of the seller, but because of the fact that almost all fiat transfers are REVERSIBLE and bitcoin transfers are IRREVERSIBLE, so the scammer transfers money and claims charge back after receiving the bitcoins.

Scam, scam, scam its all I ever hear. You literally can't trust anyone in this game.

I can count on 2 hands members that I know on this forum I'd trust with more than 1BTC of my money.

Yeah, the current state is sad and unfortunate not only for our company but the community in general.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:51:49 AM

We are a company in IT industry and we have setup an operation to trade in LocalBitcoins primarily in India and Dubai with several LocalBitcoin accounts, most of which involve bank transfers to buy and sell Bitcoins.
Since there are so many scams on bitcointalk and in the bitcoin world in general, are you able to sign a message from an old address that your account has posted a long time ago in order to prove that your account has not been sold/hacked?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: