Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:58:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the hardest thing to understand about Bitcoin for you?  (Read 3040 times)
Anubiss

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

Purple Six Recordz

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 01:52:00 PM

From where do they come from.
Im new and I dont really get it.

1HM5uwyXYow5peuY9Q258NkazgDTCnVUvX
YouTube
SoundCloud
CanIHazBitcoin777

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:18:52 AM

What's the hardest thing to understand about Bitcoin for you? 

Why dont more people use it? It is very strange.

Too many sheeple i guess, or just simpleton morons, yet we got hundreds of millions of people on the internet and so few in bitcoin...
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:29:05 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 04:38:54 AM by neonshium

What is the meaning of Hash.
Why some blocks are generated in 50 minutes and some are in 2 min gap.
Why some blocks are filled with only 500KB when it can accommodate up to 1MB of transactions.
Some blocks contain only mining reward transaction - why

Basically mining is the difficult part for me to understand.
yunuzov

Activity: 464

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:44:15 PM

To me, how could Bitcoin go trusted so fast?
I mean people most likely do not trust if you go at them and say "hey bro wanna buy some virtual currency money?" but bitcoin passed that stage. it is great.

CanIHazBitcoin777

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:20:27 AM

To me, how could Bitcoin go trusted so fast?
I mean people most likely do not trust if you go at them and say "hey bro wanna buy some virtual currency money?" but bitcoin passed that stage. it is great.

At some point they will have no choice, other currencies are far worse, and all it takes is 1 google search to find bitcoin isnt it?

Bitcoin will thrive!!!
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:10:19 AM

Why are people in the newbie section opening up 10 threads/day about the same topic, instead of using the search box in the upper-right corner.

It is a very hard thing to understand indeed...

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:25:46 PM

Like many other people I also do not understand what is mining. But I have some idea what is the need of it. Our transactions are carried by mining process. But, to use bitcoin we need not to understand the mining part.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:34:36 PM

I didn't understand the cold storage, off-chin transaction, decentralization, mining and actually what will be sent when i do bitcoin trnsaction, what will is hidden the bitcoin private key? and everything on the bitcoin.  Huh Doubts because, i cannot understand even someone explain because, this is not my profession.  Lips sealed
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:04:34 PM

Additional to what I've already mentioned, I'm currently studying the algorithm in which bitcoin is based on. Also, Merkle trees and ECC is a difficult thing to understand, especially if you don't have a basic knowledge on cryptography. But these things shouldn't be a concern to the average user--most of these terms involve users with a developer skill or has the knowledge to understand such things.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:10:20 PM

the hardest part for me is probally the hd multisignature wallets, i mean i get how it generates alot of private keys. but is that an infinite number? cuz there arent infinite private keys in total.  Huh Huh
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:28:51 PM

the hardest part for me is probally the hd multisignature wallets, i mean i get how it generates alot of private keys. but is that an infinite number? cuz there arent infinite private keys in total.  Huh Huh

Most multi-signature wallet addresses only require two out of three private keys in order to spend the balance in it.

Quote from: The Bitcoin WIki
-snip-
The actual requirement (number of private keys needed, their corresponding public keys, etc.) that must be satisfied to spend the funds is decided in advance by the person generating this type of address, and once an address is created, the requirement cannot be changed without generating a new address.

Source
CanIHazBitcoin777

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:00:38 AM

I didn't understand the cold storage, off-chin transaction, decentralization, mining and actually what will be sent when i do bitcoin trnsaction, what will is hidden the bitcoin private key? and everything on the bitcoin.  Huh Doubts because, i cannot understand even someone explain because, this is not my profession.  Lips sealed

Cold storage = offline storing private key

Off chain transaction = Transaction that is resolved inhouse and then broadcaster later on the blockchain. Ex: Faucetbox

Mining = Securing/ Broadcasting the transactions to the entire network

Private key= Secret key that is used to access your money
Santoso

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:53:58 PM

For me as new comer it is about mining. I never give any try yet and I am lazy to learn about it as well at the moment. I may be find more diffulties later when I understand bitcoin deeper.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 05:13:01 PM

Most multi-signature wallet addresses only require two out of three private keys in order to spend the balance in it.

Quote from: The Bitcoin WIki
-snip-
The actual requirement (number of private keys needed, their corresponding public keys, etc.) that must be satisfied to spend the funds is decided in advance by the person generating this type of address, and once an address is created, the requirement cannot be changed without generating a new address.

Source

That's right.
More reference: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3712/how-can-i-create-a-multi-signature-2-of-3-transaction
arnav95

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:16:54 PM

When we mine bitcoin it us said that in order to fund a block we or our system has to solve some kind of problem. What kinds of problem are they? Now for solving those problems we are getting paid so does the solution if those problems help in advancement in certain industry, technology or does it help us to learn about the universe we live in??
CanIHazBitcoin777

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:00:05 PM

For me as new comer it is about mining. I never give any try yet and I am lazy to learn about it as well at the moment. I may be find more diffulties later when I understand bitcoin deeper.

Suit yourself:
http://en.bitcoinwiki.org/Mining

Or just chekc the mining board of the forum...
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:33:37 PM

the hardest thing is to understand how the bitcoin works and how the mining works besides that using it is really easy in my opinion and it does not require any knowledge
UserVVIP

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:58:33 PM

How miners work. And SHA-256

It is all so confusing!!!
CanIHazBitcoin777

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:40:27 AM

How miners work. And SHA-256

It is all so confusing!!!

Maybe if you would use a wiki or something, it takes less than 15 min to read through and it will make you understand it imediately.

Dont be lazy guys.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:35:54 PM

Getting started in the world of Bitcoin can be a little confusing.
I'd like to know what is the concept that confuses you the most and why.

Understanding what happens while a transaction takes place took me a lot of time to understand in the beginning. Since I knew how that works out I was able to understand how a double spend can work.
Bitcoin is so much different to the fiat money world. And in that case understanding the bitcoin basics can take a few weeks to some months for some persons. But it's definitily worth to study it.I'm sure this will pay off in the future in some way.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: