Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 year old Muslim teen gets illegally detained in Texas for homemade clock  (Read 373 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 11:14:01 PM

Since awesome31312 is too intellectually dishonest to allow an actual debate to happen when ideas counter to his own beliefs are presented and closed the original thread about this topic, I have decided to re open it in honor of his willful ignorance.

Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182066.0;all

I see you are insistent upon driving your foot so far into your mouth it comes out your ass. Hopefully when this debate is concluded you will use this as a learning experience as to why facts are more important than your own personal biases and learn to change your beliefs when they have been proven to be flawed. None of this is irrelevant, especially not just because you disagree with the conclusions these facts indicate.

A couple things...

Most if not all school districts have policies against bringing look-alike weapons on to school grounds, regardless of intent. FFS children all over the nation are being suspended and expelled for doing things like making their finger into the shape of a gun, drawing guns, or eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun. They are usually white BTW. In some states bringing a look-alike weapon on to school grounds is even a crime equivalent in penalty to bringing an actual weapon on to school grounds. I have personally been subject to such policies as a teen many years ago. These are not new policies, and they are standard all over the nation regardless of your race or religion.

In addition to these zero tolerance policies, if he did indeed intend to create panic by bringing a look-alike bomb onto school grounds, this is tantamount to a fake bomb threat, which is definitely a crime. You claim he just repeated it is not a bomb over and over again, but witnesses from the school and the police testify that he was in fact uncooperative and was not answering questions. The kid was arrested briefly and let go. I personally don't agree with using police as a method of discipline for school children, but the fact is ALL CHILDREN within the USA are subject to this kind of insane treatment regardless of their race or religion. THE ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THE POLICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS RACE OR RELIGION and everything to do with erring on the side of caution in order to protect the students there.

If I were you I would just quit while you are ahead because as more and more info comes out I guarantee you are going to feel like a complete dipshit by the time this national debate is over. Though I suspect you have a nagging feeling in your subconscious that you are wrong already, which is why you are resorting to such hostility in order to displace your own shame for being such a mindless tool.

-yawn-

You're repeating the same stuff. Eight other students not named Ahmed brought homemade clocks to school without getting arrested and suspended for three days.

"In addition to these zero tolerance policies, if he did indeed intend to create panic by bringing a look-alike bomb onto school grounds, this is tantamount to a fake bomb threat, which is definitely a crime"

Did you read what I wrote? He kept stating his intent wasn't a bomb hoax.

"You claim he just repeated it is not a bomb over and over again, but witnesses from the school and the police testify that he was in fact uncooperative and was not answering questions"

False, the Police Chief admitted that the kid kept saying it's not a bomb, over and over again.

"The kid was arrested briefly and let go"

False, he was suspended for three days too.

Moral of the story, read more books, watch less Fox News.

We are presenting new information. The only thing that is being repeated is the conclusion, which is otherwise known as a debate when people present opposing conclusions. I am sorry you are so ashamed of your own inability to admit your mistakes that you must attempt to shut down the discussion completely. 

I am not sure if you have heard of this concept before, but there are these people out there called liars. They say things that aren't true, often exploiting others for personal gain. Just because he says he did not intend this or that does not make it a fact.

"The student showed the device to a teacher who was concerned it was possibly the infrastructure for a bomb. School resource officers questioned the student about his intentions, and the reason he brought the device to the school. The student would only say that it was a clock and was not forthcoming at that time about any other details. Having no other information to go on, and taking into consideration the devices suspicious appearance and the safety of the students and the staff at MacArthur High School, the student was taken into custody for possession of a hoax bomb. Under Texas law, a person is guilty of possessing a hoax bomb if he possesses a device that is intended to cause anyone to be alarmed, or in reaction of any time by law enforcement officers. Follow the standard procedures that we have, the student was handcuffed for his safety, and for the safety of the officers, and transported to a juvenile processing center here at the police station. Recognizing additional facts were required, the student was released to his parents until further investigation could be completed." -AP

Clearly you can see here he is in violation of Texas law, and he is lucky to have not been charged with a crime as a result. Furthermore this is more than reasonable justification for detaining him under any interpretation of school policy or the law.

P.S. I don't even have a television in my home let alone watch Fox News (or any TV for that matter). Can you say the same?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:33:50 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

Ahmed needs to be famous... just like Kony 2012 became famous methink.

I bet you somebody is already writing a script on the fake clockmaker.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:19:36 AM

#IStandWithAhmed: "The whole family is stupid and they duped us"

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Clock-bomb boy Ahmed Mohamed is "a hoaxer and a huckster, just like his kook dad"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: