Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are possible scenarios for the block halving?  (Read 4383 times)
WheatBreadSaid (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:27:51 PM

What things could happen with the btc price when the block halving occurs? will the price go down due to miners cashing out? or will the block chain slow down due to miners shutting off their mining equipment? will the price go up because of less daily bitcoin created? what will likely happen?
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

1. Why would miners cash out because of halving?
2. Why would blockchain slow down? There will still be one block on 10min.
3. Supply and demand. Currently there is enough demand to keep the price above 230$... With BTC ecosystem growing each day I doubt there will be less demand.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:38:28 PM

What things could happen with the btc price when the block halving occurs? will the price go down due to miners cashing out? or will the block chain slow down due to miners shutting off their mining equipment? will the price go up because of less daily bitcoin created? what will likely happen?

Bitcoin would only slow down for 2 weeks if miners dropped off in one massive block.

Most people are speculating a price rise.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:40:16 PM

IMO, it depends. If everything goes normally and the miners don't shut off their mining equipment, Then the supply of coins will decrease by half.

Less supply + More Demand = Increase in price.

Correct me if i am wrong. Smiley

Edit: I speculate the price to go up at least by 150%

g-unit

Activity: 432

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:48:14 PM

Price will double if demand stays exactly the same. Most likely demand will increase before the halving though.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:01:37 PM

i thought the same. at-least 150% will go up.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:04:21 PM

Price will double if demand stays exactly the same. Most likely demand will increase before the halving though.

the price might go up maybe 25%-50% at most a few months before the actual halving. the most interesting thing will happen after the halving has taken place. that's when we know what the real effect is on the price. at this point people can only guess.
g-unit

Activity: 432

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:30:24 PM

the price might go up maybe 25%-50% at most a few months before the actual halving. the most interesting thing will happen after the halving has taken place. that's when we know what the real effect is on the price. at this point people can only guess.

What happened after the first halving price wise? I wasn't around back then. Whatever happened then will most likely happen again?
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

There are two options:

- Something will happen.
- Nothing will happen.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:42:58 PM

There are two options:

- Something will happen.
- Nothing will happen.

Well, that sums up everything pretty well Tongue

What happened after the first halving price wise? I wasn't around back then. Whatever happened then will most likely happen again?

Here see this:
When the first halving in Bitcoin history happened in November 2012, several mining assets were operating already. However, there wasn’t a massive drop in prices just when the halving reduced potential profits by 50%.

Source: http://cryptocoinblog.com/what-is-the-halving-effect-in-bitcoin-mining-investments/

Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:50:05 PM

We could have a new bubble that goes to $1300 again. And then another 2 year bear market.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:43:59 PM

Less than many are hoping for is my guess.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:56:08 PM

I think the price will go up quite a bit. maybe about 30% or so. but I'm trying to block so many bad thoughts in my mind so who knows.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:07:13 AM

with LTC nothing happened after halving so not sure

yolo
Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

up up up
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:42:36 PM

I just see halving of block to increase the price of Bitcoin.After halving the minimum price of Bitcoin should be at least 350$ which will be cost effective for miners.So we should expect more high prices than this one.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:20:46 PM

it's very difficult to compare the previous halving with the one comming in juli 2016. the market cap back then was nothing compared to now. bitcoin's userbase has grown and there is much more merchant adoption. don't think any one knows exactly what will happen.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:03:22 AM

Nobody know what will happen. There are of course different scenarios. Bitcoin price might jump upwards and majority is expecting this scenario.

It might happen that nothing will happen since the halving has already been anticipated and calculated into the current Bitcoin's price.

It might happen that some miners will shut down their machines since they will become unprofitable. I don't see this as a problem since we already have more than enough and even too much of the hashrate so if this drop happens, no biggie.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:09:50 AM

The LTC halving didn't rase the price at all in fact it continued to go down, why was that?
How would the BTC halving differ from the LTC halving?
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:11:02 AM

The LTC halving didn't rase the price at all in fact it continued to go down, why was that?
How would the BTC halving differ from the LTC halving?

Well for one, Litecoin is shit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: