Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed's Yellen gets medical attention after struggling with speech  (Read 574 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:57:50 PM

I would be sick too if I were in her shoes. First, sick of the fear of falling wearing woman's shoes. Second sick of this made up world of FAKE money...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:10:23 PM

I would be sick too if I were in her shoes. First, sick of the fear of falling wearing woman's shoes. Second sick of this made up world of FAKE money...

Maybe it was the first time she read that script and by some accident she suddenly had an independent thought.

Like in, what the hell, I´m droning on about this same old bullcrap once again?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:21:30 PM

Maybe it was the first time she read that script and by some accident she suddenly had an independent thought.

Like in, what the hell, I´m droning on about this same old bullcrap once again?

RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 07:22:57 PM

There was a stage in my life where my overdraft made me feel light headed so I can fully understand that she became lightheaded considering the overdraft she has to deal with especially at her age.

Most people her age is already retired and or getting ready to do so. Imagine being her age and sitting with the financial mess of the US to sort out. Rather her than me thank you.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:14:12 PM

There was a stage in my life where my overdraft made me feel light headed so I can fully understand that she became lightheaded considering the overdraft she has to deal with especially at her age.

Most people her age is already retired and or getting ready to do so. Imagine being her age and sitting with the financial mess of the US to sort out. Rather her than me thank you.

The paycheck should compensate her enough for her 'sadness' not being retired already...

galdur

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:30:00 PM

""What I've learned at the Federal Reserve is a new language which is called "Fed-speak". You soon learn to mumble with great incoherence.""

— Alan Greenspan

Great performer. Never missed a beat that I remember.  Which is why there was no need for that quote to continue

...mumble with great incoherence but with unwavering continuity and consciousness.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:39:37 PM

""What I've learned at the Federal Reserve is a new language which is called "Fed-speak". You soon learn to mumble with great incoherence.""

— Alan Greenspan

Great performer. Never missed a beat that I remember.  Which is why there was no need for that quote to continue

...mumble with great incoherence but with unwavering continuity and consciousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvE7mL0syYE

galdur

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:10:15 PM

— Alan Greenspan

Good point by the CNBC reporter about the briefcase. It was early 2001, Baby Bush was starting out as Lame duck, bubbles seemed to be bursting and all the rage in the market was about when will the FED lower rates next. Back then they even made rate decisions between regularly scheduled meetings. Bad economic news was good for the market or at least that was the spin. And reporters tried to somehow divine Mr. Greenspan´s intentions from his leather briefcase. How much paper it seemed to contain I guess. Those were the times.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:13:09 PM

— Alan Greenspan

Good point by the CNBC reporter about the briefcase. It was early 2001, Baby Bush was starting out as Lame duck, bubbles seemed to be bursting and all the rage in the market was about when will the FED lower rates next. Back then they even made rate decisions between regularly scheduled meetings. Bad economic news was good for the market or at least that was the spin. And reporters tried to somehow divine Mr. Greenspan´s intentions from his leather briefcase. How much paper it seemed to contain I guess. Those were the times.

The briefcase was the shiny object...

galdur

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:21:24 PM

— Alan Greenspan

Maybe. I seem to remember another one. A brown, worn one.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:25:03 PM

— Alan Greenspan

So many ways I could tell you what that brown, worn one was... But I am an adult now.

galdur

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:37:32 PM

— Alan Greenspan

Great performer. Never missed a beat that I remember.  Which is why there was no need for that quote to continue

So many ways I could tell you what that brown, worn one was... But I am an adult now.

Back then if Greenspan had had some kind of strange episode during his speeches the Dow would probably have tanked by 10% or so within minutes Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: