Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Triangle. Where are my bitcoins/  (Read 838 times)
Steed (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:59:59 PM

Hi,
Yersterday I tried sending a 5btc transaction, but for some reason I got a triangle and it got never sent.

Problem is my bitcoins seem to be gone??

I resetted the blockchain and transactions three times already, but the transaction line with the triangle disappeared, as well as my bitcoins!

How can I get them back and where are they?
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:02:11 PM

can you provide a txid? or wallet address you attempted to send to/from?

jim618
Legendary

Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:38:33 PM

If you see a triangle in the status it basically means the transaction was not sent to the Bitcoin network successfully.

When you do a reset blockchain and transactions it resyncs your wallet to what is on the blockchain.
It is what is on the blockchain that is definitive.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Steed (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:41:39 PM

Thanks for the input guys..

I think I understand what went wrong.

I think the balance of my Multibit was not correct when I tried to send 5BTC to another address..

My balance appeared to be 5.65 before transaction, but in reality is was 3.43 . So the transaction got rejected because I tried sending BTC that didn't exist.

I have multiple wallets with varying amounts of bitcoin, so it can get a little confusing. Luckily I keep a log in Excel for all my transactions and when I carefully consulted it, it seemed the 5.65 couldn't have been right (although the wallet said 'online').

So they aren't gone luckily!
Dr Charles
Legendary

Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:03:25 PM

Congrats... 5 BTC would have been a hell of a loss lol

barrerboy

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:53:35 PM

My granddaughter is trying to send me 1 BTC with multibit, her program shows it is sent but blockchain.info shows it still there. She thinks she may have been offline when she sent it.

You wrote:
"If you see a triangle in the status it basically means the transaction was not sent to the Bitcoin network successfully.

When you do a reset blockchain and transactions it resyncs your wallet to what is on the blockchain.
It is what is on the blockchain that is definitive."

How exactly do you do a reset?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 01:59:29 PM

My granddaughter is trying to send me 1 BTC with multibit, her program shows it is sent but blockchain.info shows it still there. She thinks she may have been offline when she sent it.

You wrote:
"If you see a triangle in the status it basically means the transaction was not sent to the Bitcoin network successfully.

It is what is on the blockchain that is definitive."

How exactly do you do a reset?

Multibit -> Tools (menu bar at the top) -> Reset blockchain and transactions -> new tab opens -> click Reset blockchain and transactions - let it sync

Multibit HD -> Manage wallet -> Repair wallet -> Next -> let it sync

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
barrerboy

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:20:20 PM

Oops, have found reset and sent instructions to granddaughter, will report on result.

Thank you Shorena, your reply came in while I am typing this.

I sent all my children and grandchildren 1 BTC for Christmas, Dec 2014. Heady days, worth $1000 Mt. Gox said! Offering to buy it back from all of them now for $300. I think Bitcoin has a way to go before muggles can easily trade and safely store it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: