Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q! how to trade [BTC] w/o credit/bank account?  (Read 858 times)
x_Molotov (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:10:40 PM

hey guys!

molotov here.

I am here with a big question about trade/sell that I want answered!

So, I have made maybe .13BTC, not bad for a newbie Smiley

I have bought some stuff, then gambled some, which was fun
So now I am down to .05 with .034 in escrow and more coming in Smiley.

I do not have a credit card, nor a bank account, but I have heard wonders about the trade/sell that goes on in this forum.
I use PayPal, unverified, with a few bucks in it from freelance work, and I am open to joining any other verified USD wallet online.

Is there a way for me to be able to join the trade market for BTC w/o involving me using credit card/banking accounts?
I know almost no one will take money from me, as I am a newb here and I am allegedly using my unverified paypal, which is scam central, from what I have read/been reading.
Also, due to my growing knowledge about the subject, I am wary about taking paypal cash, as I have been scammed myself, out of 50$ by some dbag who took what I sent him, reversed it, and ran.
I had a negative balance for weeks, and I eventually had a check sent to PayPal Inc. to lift the ban off my account.

So, PayPal is a tad un-usable, unless I can find someone super trust-worthy, and they can find me half-trust-worthy, so I am asking,
Is there a way I can get BTC for my buck and bucks for my BTC?
Some sort of exchange that either uses Paypal or some other platform where you don't have to verify, and uses BTC as well, but isn't scam-laden?

I know I am sort-of asking for an oxymoron/miracle, and it is probably a dead end, but oh well, what's the harm in asking?

Thanks!

x_Molotov
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:57:59 AM

In your current situation, most likely not.  Try searching for dealers on localbitcoins, or check virwox.
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:03:06 AM

You can trade BTC with giftcards like amazon.
Also you should look for a debitcard.
At least in Europe you can get them without bank-account connected and they are cheap.
And you can buy/sell with cash locally.

And you can exchange PP/BTC with me  Wink

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:45:33 AM

You've got some BTC, but no fiat? The smallest contract size on Coinut is 0.01 BTC, and if you're just depositing BTC you'll just need an email address, no bank account details. However... Coinut is an options exchange, not a standard exchange. (Honestly, if you've not traded options before I'd recommend learning as much as you can before diving in. I guess that applies to all trading, but especially with derivatives like options).

I've not traded on Bitfinex, but I have deposited BTC there (to lend it), and have considered selling some BTC there at various points (I never did, though). As far as I know, if you're depositing BTC and not fiat you won't need to provide bank account details. I don't know what the minimum trade size is, however). I suspect (but haven't looked into it) that this is true of most non-US exchanges. (It may apply to non-US exchanges if you're from the US as well - if this applies to you then check first). I also don't know about withdrawing fiat - but if you only hold fiat temporarily, and all deposits and withdrawals are BTC (or LTC) then no bank account is needed.

Having said all that - keeping a large proportion of your BTC on an exchange exposes you to exchange risk - if the exchange fails you lose all the BTC you have there, obviously. You may want to find a non-trading way to acquire more BTC before you start trading.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

This space intentionally left blank.
chanlance

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:02:07 PM

You can trade BTC with giftcards like amazon.
Also you should look for a debitcard.
At least in Europe you can get them without bank-account connected and they are cheap.
And you can buy/sell with cash locally.

And you can exchange PP/BTC with me  Wink

DO YOU HAVE AN EXCHANGE SITE....Huh
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:33:20 PM

no, but you may send me a PM  Wink

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:57:51 PM

You've got some BTC, but no fiat? The smallest contract size on Coinut is 0.01 BTC, and if you're just depositing BTC you'll just need an email address, no bank account details. However... Coinut is an options exchange, not a standard exchange. (Honestly, if you've not traded options before I'd recommend learning as much as you can before diving in. I guess that applies to all trading, but especially with derivatives like options).

I've not traded on Bitfinex, but I have deposited BTC there (to lend it), and have considered selling some BTC there at various points (I never did, though). As far as I know, if you're depositing BTC and not fiat you won't need to provide bank account details. I don't know what the minimum trade size is, however). I suspect (but haven't looked into it) that this is true of most non-US exchanges. (It may apply to non-US exchanges if you're from the US as well - if this applies to you then check first). I also don't know about withdrawing fiat - but if you only hold fiat temporarily, and all deposits and withdrawals are BTC (or LTC) then no bank account is needed.

Having said all that - keeping a large proportion of your BTC on an exchange exposes you to exchange risk - if the exchange fails you lose all the BTC you have there, obviously. You may want to find a non-trading way to acquire more BTC before you start trading.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Didnt you read? As far as i understood he has money and wants to trade his ''bucks'' for bitcoin without credit card or a bank involved. You can only do that on localbitcoins.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Didnt you read? As far as i understood he has money and wants to trade his ''bucks'' for bitcoin without credit card or a bank involved. You can only do that on localbitcoins.

My emphasis. And while Localbitcoins is great, it's by no means the only OTC venue out there, and other posters had already mentioned it (I have this crazy idea that posts should add to the discussion, not repeat what another poster has already said).

This space intentionally left blank.
x_Molotov (OP)

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:12:29 PM

My emphasis. And while Localbitcoins is great, it's by no means the only OTC venue out there, and other posters had already mentioned it (I have this crazy idea that posts should add to the discussion, not repeat what another poster has already said).

^^

Thank you all for your insights!
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:15:58 PM

See if there is a bitcoin ATM machine in your country OP.

http://coinatmradar.com/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: