Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues selecting "Qubit" as algorithm...  (Read 852 times)
Gibble.D (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:00:57 AM

Just got in to mining. im late, so theres basically no profit to be made whatsoever. Except that "qubit" might be the solution to my problem and profitable.
The only issue im having is when i decide to run either cgminer, bfgminer or sgminer (even sgminer with special qubit and quark compatibility, also same story with quark) with the qubit algorithm on it instantly shuts the cmd box down with no error message or anything.. nothing. whats even funnier is if i make a shortcut to either or mining program and force qubit with " -v qubit" or "-v qubitcoin" it instantly closes its self out as soon as its open...
further information i can include is im on windows 10, ive tried booting bfg miner with qubit forced on a separate computer in the house with the same results.. also a windows 10 system.

any ideas help, seems to be the only algorithm i can profit on. everything else is a waste of power and life of my gpu. even willing to dual boot ubuntu if gpu mining is supported on linux..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:30:28 AM

Cgminer and BFGminer don't do the quark algo... They don't do any other algorithms... CGMiner 3.7.2 has scrypt compatability though. Ethereum is profitable with a 750Ti, I mine with two 980 and two 290x GPUs. (On different rigs, nVidia doesn't go with AMD in the same system)

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Gibble.D (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:27:35 AM

well some pages advertise it as capable... im really only interested in qubit, not quark though. ill look in to that but i only have a 7850 so im not working with much. can you help me hash qubit?? i literally google how to mine qubit and these sgminers with special qubitcoin.cl kernels packaged are the only option i see and it just doesnt work.... any way to hash qubit that you know of that uses gpu?Huh
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:51:32 PM

Mine? Supposed to be hassle-free, it also bumped up performance quite a bit on release... I suggest to set it to low intensity and play some game!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:18:38 PM

well some pages advertise it as capable... im really only interested in qubit, not quark though. ill look in to that but i only have a 7850 so im not working with much. can you help me hash qubit?? i literally google how to mine qubit and these sgminers with special qubitcoin.cl kernels packaged are the only option i see and it just doesnt work.... any way to hash qubit that you know of that uses gpu?Huh

Sgminer v5.1 works fine for qubit. I'm mining myriadcoin and merge mining unitus right now. Can you post your whole conf file or bat file that you're launching with? I'm guessing you just have some syntax wrong and it's shutting down. If you actually open a cmd window and run it you might be able to catch error, also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: