Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:55:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Top Level Domain would you like to register?  (Voting closed: October 03, 2015, 04:59:11 AM)
dot.btc - 26 (78.8%)
dot.bitcoin - 5 (15.2%)
others - 2 (6.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: dot.bitcoin or dot.btc TLD  (Read 2311 times)
coaltin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:59:11 AM

I'm planning to bring new Top Level Domain for bitcoin into the net.Which TLD would you opt for? Please select a choice.Based upon the vote,I would select the most preferable option.Also kindly write what do you think about the idea?
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:12:25 AM

I prefer dot.btc because it's simple. I think bitcoin TLD isn't a good idea because many governments banned bitcoin, so any of TLD about bitcoin will be added to block list Sad. But I hope you can bring that one for any site about bitcoin. Good Luck with your plan Wink
DFS

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:20:48 AM

My choice is .btc, though, I'm curious for the reason as to why you'd like to create a new TLD regarding Bitcoin.
lemoncoolers

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:37:58 AM

off course .btc. just like .social, .tv, .media. These TLD are more specific for the content.
coaltin (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:40:05 AM

My choice is .btc, though, I'm curious for the reason as to why you'd like to create a new TLD regarding Bitcoin.

I have handful of reasons :
1.Creating a new TLD gives a name standard for all websites whose services is related to bitcoin or the blockchain.
2.The .COM boom has impacted many domains bought only with the purpose of trading them at a higher price later.This raises the initial cost of purchasing a suitable commercial domain.
3.New TLD creates more awareness among the internet users around the globe.
koinsuka

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:43:12 AM

a very good idea to boost the popularity of bitcoin. I
prefer dot BTC because of a short domain effect on a site
seo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:36:36 AM

Looking at your previous posts, I don't believe you understand the concept of creating a new tld. It's a 185k$+ ordeal.

https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/global-support/faqs/faqs-en

See section 2.2, 4th paragraph.

If you have a fat wallet, let me know.

.btc would far me more ergonomical for the mass, to say on topic.

bit3000

Activity: 448

Craig Wright is scammer.

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:15:41 AM

.bitcoin would be a better option.
Those who are unfamiliar with bitcoins won't understand what .btc means
And it would be a lot easier to say .bitcoin than .btc   Cheesy

Old Amazon Accounts.With 100-200$ Gift card loaded.
Escrowed.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:18:09 AM

I would opt for dot.bitcoin. The main reason is because of the name itself. It's about selling and marketing the brand. Length is not an obstacle and furthermore I'm sure bitcoin tops btc as the main search keyword in search engine so that is another point to convince me. People who are new to crypto would probably type bitcoin rather than its abbreviated format. That's purely my assumption.

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:29:28 AM

I'm planning to bring new Top Level Domain for bitcoin into the net.Which TLD would you opt for? Please select a choice.Based upon the vote,I would select the most preferable option.Also kindly write what do you think about the idea?
What do you mean by "I am planning to bring new Top Level Domain. ." How can you as an individual bring new TLD? Only a ICANN registered regitry can apply for new GTLDS and once ICANN accept their application can the be allowed to sell that domain

jmintuck02

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:12:36 AM

I don't yet know how to introduce something to the ICANN. I wish I could because I have a couple ideas sometimes that come to me. I sometimes want to set up the TLDs and get them out there. I dunno if there is any profit to making them, but I would be pleased to see my TLDs used.

mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:51:21 PM

I don't yet know how to introduce something to the ICANN. I wish I could because I have a couple ideas sometimes that come to me. I sometimes want to set up the TLDs and get them out there. I dunno if there is any profit to making them, but I would be pleased to see my TLDs used.

You just need to throw $185,000 at ICANN
NoRespect

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:13:08 PM

dot.btc, cool and simple  Smiley
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:09:06 PM

Its kind of difficult to guess what could be the best domain without even knowing what type of business the domain will go for.

However, since it is a bicoin related site I guess the best option should be dot.bitcoin.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:58:51 PM

.BTC is better.

It might not be easy to decipher, but it is easy to type and use. Just like it could been .commercial, but .com is easier to spell.

After we implement .btc TLD we can drop the shitty .io and all businesses can be .btc, so that we can know how many bitcoin related sites there will be Cheesy

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:06:31 PM

Voted .BTC

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:08:31 PM

.btc seems good, short and simple
people don't want to write big url when visiting the web, 3 chars is good for a domain name
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:12:03 PM

i voted for the .btc extension as it sounds good and we know what it means. short domains do get much more interest from people.
Btcforall

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:22:19 PM

Wouldn't it be better if we have both?if it has to be one,I would go for dot.btc for it is short and sounds better for TLD for example if we use it for this forum,bitcointalk.btc sounds more nice then bitcointalk.bitcoin

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:35:55 PM

I choose .btc too. 3 letter domains are more the norm (although there are also longer ones)

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: