Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:53:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I will possibly be buying an 800gh miner sometime shortly...  (Read 1479 times)
jmintuck02 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:49:25 PM

This mining power MIGHT increase my chances at solo mining. I wonder if even in pool mining, it would also help, because I feel really encouraged to try out these

3 types of mining. With this new miner I will be getting, I will have total of 863 GHs. Nearly a THs. Next month I may be able to max out to a Ths. Free electricity too, WHY THE HELL NOT!?!?! GEZ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:52:58 PM

how much a 800ghs miner coasts money ?
jmintuck02 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:59:30 PM

I bought my trusty miner from Aliexpress. Will do again! I have had no quibbles with Aliexpress.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:13:10 AM

just buy 1 antminers s5 then it's 1155 giga, i don't know how much you payed, but it should cost less for you

your chance at solo mining is still very slim, with almost 1 tera you have 1/400.000 of chance to hit the block
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:11:15 PM

just buy 1 antminers s5 then it's 1155 giga, i don't know how much you payed, but it should cost less for you

your chance at solo mining is still very slim, with almost 1 tera you have 1/400.000 of chance to hit the block

How much its coasts ...? And what about power consumption from where i an buy ..s5
TheGeorge

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:26:29 PM

How much its coasts ...? And what about power consumption from where i an buy ..s5
Dont waste your money by buying costly hardware. Unless you can play in the petahash level, maintenance & electricty cost will eat up all. Better try cloud mining. You can pre-calculate your ROI time from cloud mining calculator (e.g. www.cloudmining.website/calculator.php) and invest accordingly.
GriffinHeart

Hello there!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:54:37 PM

Dont waste your money by buying costly hardware. Unless you can play in the petahash level, maintenance & electricty cost will eat up all. Better try cloud mining. You can pre-calculate your ROI time from cloud mining calculator (e.g. www.cloudmining.website/calculator.php) and invest accordingly.

Errr. No, that's not how cloud mining works. The company mining ALWAYS make a profit or they don't mine at all. Most are ponzi schemes too. Don't be a shill mate.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
vengeful

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:51:33 AM

It's not necessary to always get ROI on cloud minig sites... sites likes hashnet might be legit but most of the cloud mining sites are ponzi schemes created to rob money from their users... If OP has got free electricity as he says and is trying to mine on his own, he should try his luck on solo mining... it's upto him to mine solo or become a cloud miner.
ron7684

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:22:44 AM

It's not necessary to always get ROI on cloud minig sites... sites likes hashnet might be legit but most of the cloud mining sites are ponzi schemes created to rob money from their users... If OP has got free electricity as he says and is trying to mine on his own, he should try his luck on solo mining... it's upto him to mine solo or become a cloud miner.

hashneSt is the legit one. hashnet is likely a ponzi

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:42:13 AM

Errr. No, that's not how cloud mining works. The company mining ALWAYS make a profit or they don't mine at all. Most are ponzi schemes too. Don't be a shill mate.

well i doubt hashnest is a ponzi, while there are 90%+ ponzi among cloud, there are still a few that aren't ponzi, and yes you can calculate your roi easily with cloud or home mining

if you can reach roi it's pure profit out there, no matter if it is cloud or home mining
jmintuck02 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:00:15 AM

I am in the idea that if I BLENDED both cloud mining with a PART of profits as well as had the miners, that'd help side by side. IDK what you think, but it seems that way. If something IS a ponzi, then not too much is lost, have my own miners anyhow.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:11:33 PM

I am in the idea that if I BLENDED both cloud mining with a PART of profits as well as had the miners, that'd help side by side. IDK what you think, but it seems that way. If something IS a ponzi, then not too much is lost, have my own miners anyhow.

Make sure on your miners to add difficulty change in ROI math. Calculator posted before in thread is great for 2 periods, but with miners you will mine most likely a lot more time then 2 periods.  Try the one here - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

What is your electricity cost?  This is one of the very important calculations which let us know if mining is for you.

Also on cloud mining make sure to do research.   Sadly a lot of bad apples out there.  Anyplace that guarantees ROI or profit on cloud mining is a scam.  Just like regular mining cloud mining can ROI or could not.    But do research on the site before investing.  Which you really should do on any investment.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:21:21 AM

Make sure on your miners to add difficulty change in ROI math. Calculator posted before in thread is great for 2 periods, but with miners you will mine most likely a lot more time then 2 periods.  Try the one here - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

What is your electricity cost?  This is one of the very important calculations which let us know if mining is for you.

Also on cloud mining make sure to do research.   Sadly a lot of bad apples out there.  Anyplace that guarantees ROI or profit on cloud mining is a scam.  Just like regular mining cloud mining can ROI or could not.    But do research on the site before investing.  Which you really should do on any investment.

Very good information thanks a lot man Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: