Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S5 Overclocking Help  (Read 391 times)
innerchaos (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:56:41 PM

are there any OC threads for the S5 specifically dealing with the voltage parameter..

I have a couple that I cant seem to push the frequency past 362.5.  If I do i get a lot of hw errors.
I tried adjusting the voltage from 0725 to 0750 but it did not help. 

The rest of them are set at 393M with the voltage at 0725. If I go to 400M I start to see a lot of hw errors.

all are in a cool environment, running at about 55 to 58 Celsius

I thought I read somewhere where someone was stable at 425M but I cant seem to find it.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:09:13 PM

Voltage adjustment does not actually change the voltage on an S5. If you can adjust up slightly the 12V supply to the miner then that will increase the core voltage & should reduce the HW errors. A small increase may be possible by using better / shorter cables and when Overclocking you should be using all 4 connectors.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
innerchaos (OP)

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:42:34 PM

I am using corsair 750's and all four connectors are connected    ( did not know you could run without using all four )
is there a Potentiometer inside the PS to adjust the output of the +/-12v ?
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182

Hello there!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:00:40 PM

I wouldn't suggest overclocking the 3-5th batches of S5 machines.
There have been many, many complaints about the thermal paste application and horrible screws on the newer batches. If you are getting 1-1.1 Th/s then it it's not worth it to overclock.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: