Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2017, 06:26:01 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what about a bitcoin style cyberlocker ?  (Read 1728 times)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:37:29 PM

DMCA are applicable only to zionist USA and puppet states.

Tor hidden service have no accountability, that's why the DMCA and national security letters are ridiculed on front page.

Yes, what makes me think is that there aren't any popular filehosting sites taking advantage of the legislation in Russia.

There are some.
rghost, letitbit, and at least 5 or 6 more that I can't remember the name, but they aren't used much on the Western Internet.
Hotfile is the product of a Russian, but it is/was registered in Panama.

Well as for rghost they have a "abuse" link which directs to an email address.
With letitbit there is a specific mention of DMCA with the usual complementary form.

It seems at least letitbit is engaging in voluntary corporation with content management firms.  What's the deal? I must admit I've seen letitbit links, some of them went down too.
See here: http://letitbit.net/ip_policy.php
letitbit.net (including but not limited to websites under such as letitbit.net) is an internet service provider as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), 17 U.S.C. section 512 ("DMCA") and as such, letitbit.net complies with all provisions of the DMCA and copyright law including Intellectual Property Rights. letitbit.net responds promptly to claims of copyright infringement reported to its designated copyright agent. letitbit.net shall accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures (as defined by the DMCA) used to identify and protect copyrighted works and shall disable access to or remove content that it believes in good faith may infringe the copyrights of third parties as well as discontinue service to users who repeatedly make such content available or otherwise violate letitbit.net's Terms of Service.

letitbit.net has a zero tolerance approach towards copyright infringement, as such, we ask that you do not abuse the letitbit.net service by using it to distribute materials to which you do not have legal rights or authorization.

Should you have good faith belief that your copyright has been uploaded without your permission or authorization we suggest you send letitbit.net's registered agent a DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement.

Real bp hosts will ignore abuse reports.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.