Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:23:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mixing script  (Read 1958 times)
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:24:33 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 05:29:55 PM by mmitech

I am wondering if there is any open source mixing script (Php, Python..) with MySQL logging option (so I can easily analyze Mysql data locally if anything goes wrong) ?

I am not particularly looking for anonymity, I am interested in just mixing the coins in my local wallet many times randomly so it make tracking them to the original wallet harder than normal.

Update:

OK, so I found a complete project that should be working, it was going to be offered as a mixing service, but before launching the founders were forced to abandon the project because of legal issues, the core dev did opensource and publish the hole code, however only the code is available with no instructions on how to deploy it, I contacted the dev on twitter and he told me he is not going to offer support nor have time for such thing now.

You can find the repository on Github, the project is based on Laravel PHP Framework. so I guess figuring out a way to make it work wont be really hard,  I have never deployed or used any Larvel application my self, so can anyone of you with some experience with give us an idea how can we do it ?  

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:29:26 PM

I am wondering if there is any open source mixing script (Php, Python..) with MySQL logging option (so I can easily analyze Mysql data locally if anything goes wrong) ?

Not that i am aware of.

I am not particularly looking for anonymity, I am interested in just mixing the coins in my local wallet many times randomly so it make tracking them to the original wallet harder than normal.

If you use the "same" bitcoins and only send them from one address to another (or split them and send back to a new addr) - lets say for example 100 times - anybody can see that the coins in the 100th transaction are the same coins from the 1st transaction, so it may only be "harder" (=time consuming) for a total non-technical person to track back. If you want a proper mixing, you need "different" funded key. Then you send your coins to addr X. And the script returns you "other" coins from addr Y to a clean addr you passed via param. So the input used for this new "tumbled tx" is not refrenced to the original coins (which you sent to addr X).

ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:36:07 PM

Is the goal to obfuscate coins coming from a particular source?

If so then mixing does nothing as in the end someone gets coins from let's say an I trusted source (like a thief for example).

Try monero instead for this.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:02:12 PM

If there is such a script, you will loose a fair bit of coins to transaction fee. Others have pointed out mixing your own coins do not make them much harder to track. Try sending them to an exchange, gambling site, shared wallets and withdraw them to a new address. Cheaper and faster.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:38:44 PM

Sorry if I'm confused, but can't you just use a website like bitmixer.io?
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:04:34 AM

Sorry if I'm confused, but can't you just use a website like bitmixer.io?
I am also thinking of bitmixer.io website because its is fast, cheap and secure.
OP should give them a try.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:33:27 AM

If there is such a script, you will loose a fair bit of coins to transaction fee. Others have pointed out mixing your own coins do not make them much harder to track. Try sending them to an exchange, gambling site, shared wallets and withdraw them to a new address. Cheaper and faster.
This.
I have found this method to be easy and inexpensive. I've never understood why people put their coins in mixers instead of just doing this.

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:52:32 AM

This.
I have found this method to be easy and inexpensive. I've never understood why people put their coins in mixers instead of just doing this.
Because mixers promise anonyminity and those other sites just function as wallets. You could get coins back from the same address.
goregrind

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:57:18 AM

see joinmarket https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919116.0

woot?
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:30:07 AM

This.

Why not use darkcoin? AFAIK they have fully anonymity for transaction.
melisande

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:22:48 AM

If OP eventually found any script like that he should be very careful because it might have bugs, back door or similar malicious tools that could make his bitcoin get disappear completely.
Just few word of advise.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:25:57 AM

i dont know how coin mixing helps cryptocurrency users...can anybody tell me that?? Smiley

melisande

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:33:59 AM

i dont know how coin mixing helps cryptocurrency users...can anybody tell me that?? Smiley
Coin mixing helps the user of bitcoin to remain completely anonymous and make all his transactions untraceable.
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:18:17 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 11:17:27 AM by mmitech

I can't use Monero or Darkcoin or any other coin you are suggesting here, if the only option I have available to pay is Bitcoin, the mixing will be done from multiple public keys that probably were not connected in the past.

I am also aware of the transaction fees, some people value privacy and are willing top pay the price for it, it is always a trust issue, why would I send my coins to a mixer and lose ownership when I can do the same operation even if it will cost me a bit higher... think of it as insurance price.

so the Idea is to be still in control of your coin, mix them randomly and log the data to a database. so what do you think? PHP masters, we need your inputs here.
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:43:36 AM

OK, so I found a complete project that should be working, it was going to be offered as a mixing service, but before launching the founders were forced to abandon the project because of legal issues, the core dev did opensource and publish the hole code, however only the code is available with no instructions on how to deploy it, I contacted the dev on twitter and he told me he is not going to offer support nor have time for such thing now.

You can find the repository on Github, the project is based on Laravel PHP Framework. so I guess figuring out a way to make it work wont be really hard,  I have never deployed or used any Larvel application my self, so can anyone of you with some experience with give us an idea how can we do it ? 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: