Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to add automatic adding bitcoin nodes to Bitcoin Core  (Read 1758 times)
Reedych (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:40:15 PM

I'm new in this forum. I use Bitcoin from June 2015 year. I want to create a full node for my BTC. I downloaded a 325405 blocks. I use blockchain.info for search nodes, but this not comfortable. How to add automatic adding Bitcoin nodes to Bitcoin Core client? Give me all methods, How blockchain has ~1383 nodes?
P.s. sorry for my bad English Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 05:50:52 PM

I'm new in this forum. I use Bitcoin from June 2015 year. I want to create a full node for my BTC. I downloaded a 325405 blocks. I use blockchain.info for search nodes, but this not comfortable. How to add automatic adding Bitcoin nodes to Bitcoin Core client? Give me all methods, How blockchain has ~1383 nodes?

Fully sync your node first. Unless you are fully synced the CPU will be busy handling the blocks. More connections will come over time. By default the maxiumum is set to 125.

What hardware to you have and how is the node connected to the internet?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Reedych (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:55:25 PM

Fully sync your node first. Unless you are fully synced the CPU will be busy handling the blocks. More connections will come over time. By default the maxiumum is set to 125.

Ok. 4gb RAM and AMD A6 processor. Internet 512kb/sec.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:04:01 PM

I dont think it makes sense to go over 125 connections with 4Mbit/s.

Do you have more than 8 connections? If yes, you just wait and will get more connections once its fully snyced. If not you might have to configure the firewall to allow port 8333.

Reedych (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:07:05 PM

Do you have more than 8 connections? If yes, you just wait and will get more connections once its fully snyced. If not you might have to configure the firewall to allow port 8333.
If I not use "addnode <ip> onetry", ~8
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:13:55 PM

You can test here -> https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/

if your node is reachable from the outside. You might have to wait till its done with the sync though. It currently shows mine[1] as offline even though its not.

[1] http://213.165.91.169/

Reedych (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:19:31 PM

if your node is reachable from the outside. You might have to wait till its done with the sync though. It currently shows mine[1] as offline even though its not.

Ok, thanks. Additional question, I use Bitcoin-qt, how to manage qt version in terminal?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:28:27 PM

Ok, thanks. Additional question, I use Bitcoin-qt, how to manage qt version in terminal?

For linux you usually can just write bitcoin-cli help
For windows you probably need to give the full path, e.g. "c:\Programm Files\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoin-cli.exe" help

Reedych (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:30:59 PM

For linux you usually can just write bitcoin-cli help
For windows you probably need to give the full path, e.g. "c:\Programm Files\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoin-cli.exe" help
thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: