Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Multisig feature request  (Read 2392 times)
Adocracy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:24:55 PM

Hey guys-
I'm in Cohort #4 of Blockchain University in Mountain View. 
I've come up with a feature request for multisig redeem scripts, that I'm checking to see if it has been requested and/or discussed previously.

I'm looking for a multisig feature that allows me to set as the encumbrance:
   [1 of 1]
     AND
   [1 of 2, or 2 of 3, etc.]

In other words, a mandatory key plus some plurality of other keys (which may, but not necessarily, include the mandatory key).
This would be incredibly useful in the following use cases:
   1) CEO wants to be a mandatory party to any output, which can be confirmed by any 1 of other ESuite.  Or CEO wants veto authority over expenditures.
   2) Escrow Service that has agreed upon milestones/features that are designed to "run with" the UTXO
   3) Colored coins that are controlled by the colorer as to future transaction types resulting from the initial UTXO
   4) One party is a required participant in order to remove any of the preconditions outlined above or others.

Thoughts and/or places I can look for prior implementations or discussions?
Thanks
Chris

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:15:56 AM

I'm looking for a multisig feature that allows me to set as the encumbrance:
   [1 of 1]
     AND
   [1 of 2, or 2 of 3, etc.]

<bosspubkey> OP_CHECKSIGVERIFY OP_1 <pubkey1> <pubkey2> OP_2 OP_CHECKMULTISIG
rjmacarthy

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

Good idea, but I've not seen this implementation yet...interesting nevertheless.

As a work around:

It could be achieved outside of bitcoind, by checking if both multisigs are fully signed before broadcasting a transaction.
amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:25:35 AM

Good idea, but I've not seen this implementation yet...interesting nevertheless.

As a work around:

It could be achieved outside of bitcoind, by checking if both multisigs are fully signed before broadcasting a transaction.
bitcoind will not broadcast partially signed transaction.
you should use another transport to deliver your tx between your parties
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:03:39 PM

This is an interesting idea that I think should be taken into consideration. Multisigs would be useful for escrow service. I don't think it would be too much work for the developers to implement.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:59:25 PM

This is an interesting idea that I think should be taken into consideration. Multisigs would be useful for escrow service. I don't think it would be too much work for the developers to implement.
OK, I can create a tool (concept). How much would you like to pay?
May be you think that everything in bitcoin world is free?
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:33:26 PM

What do you think about 2 party escrow like 2crow.org ? 
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:48:43 PM

2 of 3 with CEO having 2 keys? So the CEO can veto for people that has 1 key and yet he has 2 keys so he can spend the whole funds.

unless I'm missing something?
bimasena25

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

https://bitcointester.com/

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 06:08:23 AM

this multisig script project will helpfully for all exchanger who applicated at sites

Bitcoin Tester

*Image Removed*
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:13:48 AM

2 of 3 with CEO having 2 keys? So the CEO can veto for people that has 1 key and yet he has 2 keys so he can spend the whole funds.

unless I'm missing something?

I've thought of the same idea when I read the OP, though we might be wrong on what we thought. In that particular scenario, the CEO holding the 2 keys would probably be able to spend the funds even without the permission of the 2 other people holding different keys.
VCLChief

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:57:59 PM

2 party escrow are quickly becoming a thing of the past because of mulitsig. and multi sig has only been around for what? about a year? Thank you Bitgo.com
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:16:18 PM

2 party escrow are quickly becoming a thing of the past because of mulitsig. and multi sig has only been around for what? about a year? Thank you Bitgo.com
2 party escrows are still being used with multisig, which is kinda how multisig escrow works. And what we know as multisig is p2sh, which has been around since 2012, so definitely more than a year.

And what does bitgo.com have anything to do with this?

fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:50:57 AM

OP, only you need to support this feature! Build it at the University.

You can give payees a P2SH address for the above contract, since only the redeeming party needs to know about the complexities of the script.

Bitwasp Developer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: