Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMUNIE] THE fastest crypto-currency  (Read 11617 times)
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:36:17 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 10:46:46 PM by Fuserleer

Hey folks,

A bit of news from our neck of the woods, tonight in testing we achieved in excess of 2000 transactions per second processing which is generally considered to be "VISA scale" (we achieved 2,400 to be more specific).

Over the past 6 months or so, there have been many developers that have publicly announced that their platforms can scale to handle x thousands of transactions. However, I'm yet to see any evidence of any crypto-platform achieving a few 100 outside of "perfect lab conditions", let alone a few thousand. Some of the platforms attempt to scale vertically to achieve the transaction throughput claimed, but these platforms require things like super-nodes in the network, with the power of a small super-computer (and the bandwidth to match) in order to achieve it.

In my opinion, all of these claims are bogus until evidence can be shown of said platform achieving anything close to VISA scale in the wild. That is the true test, with participants in different locations, with fast, slow and in-between nodes taking part. Super computer nodes do not count!

When I started the eMunie project, VISA scale was one of the many goals I set, and today we are a real step closer to being there. First a little brief on why we can do this (more information on this stuff will be available as soon as I can find some time between coding and testing to write it up).

The eMunie ledger can be partitioned into 1024 partitions, with nodes in the network supporting 1 or more partitions depending on the performance they have available. Fast nodes might support all of the partitions, very slow nodes may only support a few, but between them all partitions are present in the network multiple times providing redundancy.

Partitions contain channels which are owned by wallet holders, and contain the transactions for a particular "channel key". A partition may have millions of channels as the network grows, but most of the time, a large quantity of those channels will be inactive (not receiving or sending transactions), so a single partition of n channels needs only a finite amount of processing power managing it at any one moment in time.

Even the slowest of commodity hardware we have tested can process 100-150 transactions per second with ease, thus that is the baseline sustained performance metric for a partition.

This evening it was decided that we should finally test to see what is the burst limit of a single partition. We have been testing for quite some time with various loads between 50-200 transactions per second, but we've never actually pushed the envelope to see where it maxes out.

After some organization of testers, and the logistics of getting everyone ready to hit the network with a large amount of spam transactions for a short period, we let rip. The network produced over 4000 transactions in under 10 seconds, all directed toward a single partition, with a peak of ~2,400 tx/s....the network size, 12 nodes of varying configuration in various locations around the globe.

With sustained performance of ~150 tx/s per partition easily achieved, burst performance per partition of 2000+ and 1024 partitions, even if cumulative performance of all partitions is not a linear increase, I'd like to think we have enough performance capacity to deal with anything the network has thrown at it.

Here is a short video with a voice over, of that test taking place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YpFfgwudA

You can see the transactions leave from 2 of the 7 designated spamming nodes(in the command consoles), with the monitor displaying the total transactions seen in the network at any moment in time. The monitor updates every 10 seconds and you can clearly see the effect of network latency as all the transactions arrive at that node over the course of a few seconds.

Some of the slower nodes of course struggled a little for 20 seconds or so to catch up, with the faster nodes taking up the slack.  All the transactions presented in the burst were processed by the network, all nodes had them within about 30 seconds (even the slowest) and these funds were available to be re-spent a few seconds later.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:48:32 PM

As one of the testers I can confirm as well that the claims are valid (as seen from my pc).

It was a beauty to behold:  http://imgur.com/8xOUTvz

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:15:21 AM

Well done eMunie. Looks like we have a real disruptive technology on our hands.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:59:47 PM

Surprised that this project is still being developed.  I thought development was halted.  Congrats on scaling.  Hope to see it when your network goes up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:19:02 PM

Surprised that this project is still being developed.  I thought development was halted.  Congrats on scaling.  Hope to see it when your network goes up.

Thanks! Project was never halted, we just went under the radar so that we could concentrate without endless noise Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:42:39 PM

Vanillacoin can easily do 100+/s currently through ZeroTime and they are respendable in 3-4 seconds each with the TCP/UDP network. Still congrats.

bitsire

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:02:46 PM

Vanillacoin can easily do 100+/s currently through ZeroTime and they are respendable in 3-4 seconds each with the TCP/UDP network. Still congrats.

So in other words, Vanillacoin has about 1/20th the processing speed of Visa and 1/24th the processing speed of eMunie. Sounds like something that should be kept quiet rather than promoted.
skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:05:44 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 03:17:07 PM by skywave

Vanillacoin

But what is your coin apart from a coin?
Is there a business-plan so that this supposedly speedy coin will have a purpose, other than being another mining pump/dump coin for the few?
Will it be useful to 'joe-average' and 'auntie-emma' and thereby be valuable outside the crypto exchanges?

Mind you - I'm not asking in order to harass - I'm simply asking because almost none of all the 5-600 cryptos can deliver something that is meant to be useful, other than being sold and bought on crypto exchanges amongst crypto nerds.

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:07:07 PM

Being the fastest altcoin does not give you much benefit. Dogecoin is already quite fast in my opinion and there are many coins which are fast but are nowhere near adoption.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Macemu

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:09:57 PM

I think to get adoption one would have to be as fast as VISA to make it something worthwhile. Otherwise why would people bother?
Quite fast is 'quite' good.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 03:11:46 PM

If you take note of the OP, we stress tested a single partition....there are 1024 partitions in total.

One requirement for this performance is to support the native eMunie debit cards at point of sale terminals.

Radix - DLT x.0

Peachy

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 03:15:19 PM

Agreed. 
Fast is important as well since it works nicely with our native point of sale terminal and smartcard (which we've already successfully tested).  All done without the need for a 3rd party to manage the txns. 

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:15:50 PM

If you take note of the OP, we stress tested a single partition....there are 1024 partitions in total.

One requirement for this performance is to support the native eMunie debit cards at point of sale terminals.

Is it fully decentralized?

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:19:29 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 03:33:36 PM by traumschiff

Vanillacoin

But what is your coin apart from a coin?
Is there a business-plan so that this supposedly speedy coin will have a purpose, other than another mining pump/dump coin for the few?
Will it be useful to 'joe-average' and 'auntie-emma' and thereby be valuable outside the crypto exchanges?

Mind you - I'm not asking in order to harass - I'm simply asking because almost none of all the 5-600 cryptos can deliver something that is meant to be useful, other than being sold and bought on crypto exchanges amongst crypto nerds.

It aims to be an overall upgrade to bitcoin: in speed, in decentralization of the revenue stream (mining) and in anonimity. Not finding the question offending, everyone here in the cryptosphere competes for the same objective imho. Else than that the source is cross compatible, we have a native staking wallet that act as full nodes while using almost no (minimal electricity) and the code can be compiled to mine on any smart device if needed (ioT/like what 21 inc aims to do right now, but with built in FPGA chips in smart devices), we have a MinerPP project for that.

But yeah, don't want to be offtopic, came here for Emunie Smiley

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

Really asking that question Huh  Roll Eyes  Of course it is!

There are no "super nodes", no delegates, or anything of the sort.

Even the debit cards are decentralized to the degree where you can make your own, load it with funds, then pop to the store and buy your coffee and cake (assuming the merchants POS terminal has the EMU patch for his existing hardware).  

The debit cards don't run on the VISA/MC network, or need a 3rd party.

Radix - DLT x.0

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:50:46 PM

Really asking that question Huh  Roll Eyes  Of course it is!

There are no "super nodes", no delegates, or anything of the sort.

Even the debit cards are decentralized to the degree where you can make your own, load it with funds, then pop to the store and buy your coffee and cake (assuming the merchants POS terminal has the EMU patch for his existing hardware).  

The debit cards don't run on the VISA/MC network, or need a 3rd party.

Is there a whitepaper available also is open sourced or is everything closed currently?

I'm here because I find different solutions interesting, so congrats for it.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:54:35 PM

Nice to hear from this project. I had participated in one of the earliest beta tests but then lost interest as it looked a bit like vaporware, sorry.

Being the fastest altcoin does not give you much benefit. Dogecoin is already quite fast in my opinion and there are many coins which are fast but are nowhere near adoption.

The crucial factor is not only "being fast", but being able to guarantee a secure network with no bottlenecks when transaction number is high. That means that the currency must provide enough incentive for full nodes to provide storage capacity and bandwidth.

If eMunie does manage this without too much centralization - the "partition system" is interesting - then it's a real progress for cryptocurrencies.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitsire

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:58:03 PM

Comparing Dogecoin to emunie is like comparing a clown car to a ferrari.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:14:48 PM

Is there a whitepaper available also is open sourced or is everything closed currently?

I'm here because I find different solutions interesting, so congrats for it.

Unfortunately Im spending much more time in development and testing than actually writing docs....I've got a few half finished that I really need to get to that explain the ledger, balance system, consensus, debit cards and more in detail, I just need the time to get around to it.

I did post a consensus primer a couple of weeks ago you can find at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159624.0

Even that is a little out of date now and there are some things I need to revise within it.

Code is closed source while under development.

Radix - DLT x.0

skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:20:03 PM

Well done eMunie. Looks like we have a real disruptive technology on our hands.

indeed - it was great to see that tx spike come through in a live network Smiley

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: