Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a question?  (Read 940 times)
raaajlucky (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:00:19 AM

Hello,

Can I open a scam accusation on a member who has won the auction but not responding to personal message to take the items?

He was online and posted few posts after I send messages to him but not responding to my messages. I have all the proofs.

Appreciated very much all your advice.

Thanks!
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:09:21 AM

You can, though I'm unsure if it would be properly classed as a scam as no money or items has been changed hands.
If he isn't responding to your PMs it would perhaps be a way to get his attention, but I wouldn't expect too much more to come of it.
raaajlucky (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:16:50 AM

You can, though I'm unsure if it would be properly classed as a scam as no money or items has been changed hands.
If he isn't responding to your PMs it would perhaps be a way to get his attention, but I wouldn't expect too much more to come of it.

So what we need to do get his attention?

He has posted around 10 posts after my request. Auction is nothing but he promised to buy some thing and it is commitment right?
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:22:29 AM

If I'm not wrong that is not correct who ever can't able to buy any item shouldn't bid just for the sake of getting money from signature campaign so I think who ever it may be should be forced to buy the item to avoid to do same thing in future or he should be given negative feedback to warn other members to deal with him carefully.
syndria

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:24:20 AM

So what we need to do get his attention?

He has posted around 10 posts after my request. Auction is nothing but he promised to buy some thing and it is commitment right?

Maybe that would be better to warn people to not to trust that user in auction.

If the case he is not responding theres a possibility that he didnt seen your pms yet or maybe he keeps ignoring you.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:31:37 AM

If I'm not wrong that is not correct who ever can't able to buy any item shouldn't bid just for the sake of getting money from signature campaign so I think who ever it may be should be forced to buy the item to avoid to do same thing in future or he should be given negative feedback to warn other members to deal with him carefully.
While I do agree they should be marked for it (with a Neutral rating or something similar), but I'm not sure that I would class it worthy of a negative rating. I don't make the rules though, and I'm sure users will use their own judgement on whether to add one or not. Also, I would hope that no sig campaign would accept posts with the quality of auction bids.

Try posting a scam accusations anyway. If it is decided to not be a scam the thread can always be closed.
raaajlucky (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:51:52 AM

While I do agree they should be marked for it (with a Neutral rating or something similar), but I'm not sure that I would class it worthy of a negative rating. I don't make the rules though, and I'm sure users will use their own judgement on whether to add one or not. Also, I would hope that no sig campaign would accept posts with the quality of auction bids.

Try posting a scam accusations anyway. If it is decided to not be a scam the thread can always be closed.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have sent him again today also message and will wait for another day to see whether he will respond or not then I will take a decision.

If we punish one or two member then others will be careful next time before posting in auction thread. Once again thank you very much.
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:01:36 AM

The best thing you can do is go post on his trust the situation in full detail and warn other members not to deal with this user. I doubt you can open a scam accusation as he never really took your money.
MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

Yes you can but don't forget to add all the prof that you have to be a valid thread.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 10:35:48 AM

If I saw a scam accusation for something like that, I'd probably leave a neutral feedback on the person in question. That's about it, though. Not accepting an auction isn't the worst thing possible, but it's still worth putting a warning about that so anyone else who holds an auction knows about it.

Note that they may have not noticed the PM though, not everyone has PM notifications enabled.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
BiPolarBob

Activity: 378
Merit: 302

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:52:33 PM

Yeah, just file it under 'waste of time'.  Non-buyers are part of the wheeling & dealing process.
Btcforall

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:00:28 PM

He hasn't scammed you so posting a scam accusation wouldn't be appropriate in this case moreover he has not yet refused to you clearly.He may have his reasons not to buy it.Remember sometimes random bids help you get more price from a serious buyers I know a friend who bids in his own auction to sell at higher price and most of the time he succeeds Cheesy

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:12:38 PM

Hello,

Can I open a scam accusation on a member who has won the auction but not responding to personal message to take the items?

He was online and posted few posts after I send messages to him but not responding to my messages. I have all the proofs.

Appreciated very much all your advice.

Thanks!
I dont think it would be fair to open scam accusation for he has not cheated you.As far as his not paying for winning auction is concerned,you can leave a feedback mentioning clearly what he did to you.That,I think would be enough to discourage him and others to post false bid

raaajlucky (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:44:01 AM

If I saw a scam accusation for something like that, I'd probably leave a neutral feedback on the person in question. That's about it, though. Not accepting an auction isn't the worst thing possible, but it's still worth putting a warning about that so anyone else who holds an auction knows about it.

Note that they may have not noticed the PM though, not everyone has PM notifications enabled.

I have seen him yesterday also he has posted couple of posts and again he neglected to reply my messages. So I will open a scam accusation thread on him so that in future people will not waste sellers time.

Thanks for all your advices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: