Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't connect to antminer S1 and S3  (Read 894 times)
johny300 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:55:24 AM

I bought a antminer s1 and s3 on ebay and tried changing the pool address but it did not work and i tried doing a software update on the S1.  I gave it 20 min but i thought it would't take this so i shut it off and then turned it on but then i could not connect to it.  The problem with the S3 is i tried to change the wan settings to the default and it was taking a long time so i went into a other tab in my browser a and typed in the old ip.  Couldn't connect , then i tried the new ip and that did not connect ether. i tried using the reset button and that did not work ether so i would greatly appreciate anything anyone has to offer. By the way i am a very new person to this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:03:10 AM

I bought a antminer s1 and s3 on ebay and tried changing the pool address but it did not work and i tried doing a software update on the S1.  I gave it 20 min but i thought it would't take this so i shut it off and then turned it on but then i could not connect to it.  The problem with the S3 is i tried to change the wan settings to the default and it was taking a long time so i went into a other tab in my browser a and typed in the old ip.  Couldn't connect , then i tried the new ip and that did not connect ether. i tried using the reset button and that did not work ether so i would greatly appreciate anything anyone has to offer. By the way i am a very new person to this

Doing anything during update of firmware or IP is not a good idea at all.  It can lead to bricks.  Are you sure you changed it to right settings on ip?

Have you tried resting like suggested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697474.0 or are you just hitting button?
pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:07:26 AM

I bought a antminer s1 and s3 on ebay and tried changing the pool address but it did not work and i tried doing a software update on the S1.  I gave it 20 min but i thought it would't take this so i shut it off and then turned it on but then i could not connect to it.  The problem with the S3 is i tried to change the wan settings to the default and it was taking a long time so i went into a other tab in my browser a and typed in the old ip.  Couldn't connect , then i tried the new ip and that did not connect ether. i tried using the reset button and that did not work ether so i would greatly appreciate anything anyone has to offer. By the way i am a very new person to this

First is your computer in same ip-range with default s1/s3 settings? If not,give your computer static address 192.168.0.254,default gateway 192.168.0.99 and try again.You can use advanced ip-scanner if you still can't find miners.
johny300 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:38:39 AM

I tried the more complex reset and that didn't work and i tried the just 1 push reset and that didn't work ether. And pinhead666 i use to be able to connect to my miners but any way how would i change my computers ip and default gateway
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:54:32 AM

I tried the more complex reset and that didn't work and i tried the just 1 push reset and that didn't work ether. And pinhead666 i use to be able to connect to my miners but any way how would i change my computers ip and default gateway

You might contact bitmain and put in a ticket.  But it is possible on S3 you bricked it when doing something if it was still configuring.  Either that or you put on a network setting that is not working with your network.

Might ask bitmain for the instructions for serial to usb restore.   It is the kinda ohhh no its messed up fix.
JameRD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:06:44 AM

Same problem. Any one can help me fix it.
johny300 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:53:15 PM

notlist3d thank you and could you please tell me what bricked means
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:20:53 PM

notlist3d thank you and could you please tell me what bricked means

It means the controller is at a point where you can do nothing with it.   It is "bricked" or not going to work.     

They can be revived though.  Ask bitmain for help with a usb to serial fix on it.  You will need a special cable to do it.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:52:51 PM

Let's just rewind here with a few questions.

You say that you tried to change the Pool Address on both of them? Can you confirm that this was so and confirm that they were both at that point accessible?

Then you say that you initiated a software update on the S1, which again implies that you could access it? Which firmware version did you load and what was the last thing you saw on the screen?

On the S3 you say that you tried to change the WAN address which again implies that you had access to the miner at that point? can you confirm this?

Balance of probability is that they are both fine but that you are not now connecting with the correct IP or that it is ouside the range that your PC or Router is set up for?

Best thing is to use the the Advanced IP scanner and see if it can find  them? http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
johny300 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:38:09 PM

Rich yes i was able to connect to both before
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: