Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:27:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's get rid of OneCoin  (Read 5398 times)
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:03:32 PM

I don't think it's something the community has to actively do something about--most of these shitcoins just burn themselves to the ground within months of launc.  Look at that one on Yobit, SLVI or whatever it is.  It lost 99% of its value overnight.  It was one of the coins they give away and it was something like a 1800% gainer in the past few days.  Funny but that's what happens.

this seems a MLM masked by a crypto coin.
there is no market cap.... and they spread the same words of classic pyramid scheme ....
Sad it's really sad that they link such scam to "the top" technology of crypto currencies: BITCOIN!

Yeah, this is not your average shitcoin created for a P&D by a few neckbeards.
It is the MLM industry using a combination of ignorance and greed to get Joe Public to fomo jump on the crypto train, and in their thousands.
Just like MMMGlobal (and to an extent BitClub Network), this is likely to have been the first crypto involvement for a lot of people.
Big negative "guilt by association" coming up for Bitcoin, when this stuff implodes.

The only exchange to offer a Onecoin rate, http://xcoinx.com/ , which is owned by the onecoin scammers, is still "shut for maintenance" past its 2 week reopen deadline.
It currently shows Onecoin "worth" $6.3535 each, giving a market cap of $ 3,727,495,273  Cheesy Cheesy
Miss Piggy and chums also just bought out a Brazilian pyramid scheme and suspended their Mastercard loading functionality (the only way to get commission converted into real money).

Dear Member,

Please note that due to a system upgrade, which we are processing together with the issuing bank of Mastercard OneCoin cards, both the approval of new card requests and the card loading functionality are temporarily suspended.

As soon as the upgrade is completed we will keep you duly notified.

There is absolutely no way to convert Onecoin into anything else now.

Exit strategy for Miss Piggy and her selection of EuroTrash pumpers, I reckon.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 03:58:11 PM

i've got one guy sharing this crap all over my Facebook. so damn depressing ....

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:45:52 AM

Sleazebags to look out for in London, "Million Dollar earners" Jon Carter, Brian Michael, Chris Cobb all "industry leaders"  Roll Eyes

n00buser

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:06:08 AM

Buyer Beware! The Definitive OneCoin Ponzi Exposé

https://news.bitcoin.com/beware-definitive-onecoin-ponzi/
haendehochueberfall

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 11:06:01 AM

Alright, seriously?

This OneCoin bullshit needs to be stopped. Just saw a post on Facebook about how great it is that this is the first crypto that's "Fully traceable and transparent, unlike BitCoin."

Are these people retarded?

Yes, these people are retarded. Onecoin specifically stated '"it is centralized, it can retrieve user balances and reverse txs, its blockchain needs third party auditing because it's centrally mined by the comapany only. And they said they were looking for the massmarket. In their own words : "People who want to use crypto but don't care how crypto works under the hood - so basically everyone."'

Their catch is: "bitcoin is too complicated and onecoin is more practical"

Let them be, they know all the relevant things. Wikipedia warns it's a pyramid sheme and the value of the coins is undetermined. So people are told everywhere and still go for it. Let them make that experience. They don't want to be saved by you or anyone else.

The fact that it has now more coins than ripple is advertised by them as a ppositive of the coin. Yes, retarded. Yes, everyone.

If they were ever traded on exchanges these coins wouldn't even find a trader touching it.
nyteo

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:09:48 AM

Alright, seriously?

This OneCoin bullshit needs to be stopped. Just saw a post on Facebook about how great it is that this is the first crypto that's "Fully traceable and transparent, unlike BitCoin."

you mean OCOW in yobit https://yobit.net/en/trade/OCOW/BTC
haendehochueberfall

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 11:36:04 AM by haendehochueberfall

Selling hot air (an entry in a database/excel-sheet basically) to people for arbitrary prices. haha

But genius really, to sell people an entry in a spreadsheet for probably a lot of money. What do they take from people? How much? Any info on that?
I'd like to know how they pitch it directly to the buyer in a 1on1 sale in person.
All these fools are taken for a ride hardcore because they don't want to get their feet wet in btc and also don't underswtand it. They all wanna get rich quick without understanding the first thing about it.

And a gipsy is selling it to them! muhahaha

The coin was launched here on btctalk btw ages ago.

Soon on btc-e trading 1 billon for 1 LTC due to user demand  Tongue

But their marketing is similar to some other ipo-scam-coins i have seen recently on the exchanges.  Wink
Not all that different. Just a bit more blunt. Just promise the Pope himself is using it TOMORROW at 2 o'clock and people buy at 1 o'clock. It will be EPIC when it pops.

I have never seen so many red flags in my entire life. It's AMAZING how many people fall for this. WOW! And all because they aren't able to learn a thing or two about how to secure a wallet or download a blockchain.  Roll Eyes

But this is the type of people i meet in the street every day. Yes, they suck.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:35:08 AM

This gives such a bad name for crypto had a friend that bought in thinking it would be the next great thing knowing nothing about crypto. These are the people falling for it greedy sobs. But it still gives Alts a bad name everyone going to believe they are all scammer Sad
haendehochueberfall

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 11:39:03 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 11:53:37 AM by haendehochueberfall

There will be no "guild by association" because people could have come to this forum and get their real info from the users here - but they never bothered even asking a bitcoiner about his opinion on that.
Their own ignorace and the scammers is at fault, nothing to do with legit crypto. Nada association. As you see btc users are speaking up against it. There won't be any shame or guilt for bitcoin from this. It's just more confirmation 'btc isn't so easy to copy' and 'stick to the original' and 'don't invest in what you don't understand'

Wow, reading the articel, up to 28000 Pounds for a starter package. WOW! Why don't they buy bitcoin with that money?
Now think the Pound implodes and so does that ponzi and all the people are left with NOTHING - and see bitcoin go to the moon in the exact same time. This must be very, very painful for some people. And they won't look in the mirror to find the error. Only very few will blame their own ignorance. They'll cry for police to find the gipsy-doctor, lol.

I think it's already on the way out. Certainly one to keep an eye on. This drama will be bigger than anything you have seen before.

Also don't forget to short ETH as it's slipping right now. That'll be second biggest drama this year.

LOL and look everyone is making the sign of an asshole with their hands. Haha. This symbole they use with their hands means 'asshole' or 'cunt' in many countries. It's actually a sign for insulting people.

Comedy-gold, a showcase of the mental degeneration of this society.
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:11:26 PM

Alright, seriously?

you mean OCOW in yobit https://yobit.net/en/trade/OCOW/BTC

No, not the same coin.

For info and laughs about the Bulgarian Mafia MLM scam OneCoin, go and look at http://behindmlm.com/. They have several threads running.

The latest absurdity, among many, is the Onelife scam brand is now selling OC rebadged tablets to their suckers for 580 euros, with god knows what backdoors installed. Similar tablets are on AliBaba for ~50 euros.
 Cheesy

It really is the most amazing phenomenon, an outrageously ridiculous scam travelling around the world like some surreal Circus.   Shocked

frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:54:11 PM

a neighbour asked me the other day if I knew of onecoin... er no.. 'bitcoin'... ah right...
and proceeded to tell me of the new coin better than bitcoin.

suffice to say, a couple days later he was wanting me to help him transfer 1000eur to someone in Germany to 'get his money back'.
it didn't happen, he has lost more than he should have, a horrible thing
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:35:05 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 10:08:46 PM by tmfp

Some LAMO pics. There's so many to choose from. These people are literally crazy.

This Juha Parhiala, Numero Uno recruiter of lost souls, supposedly earning $50m a year in matrix payments, explaining how MLM downlines work to an audience of trainee parasites

In October, they will dilute the ponzi points by 97% with the "new Blockchain" of 112 billion tokens. This momentous occasion will be celebrated by the doubling of holdings, which according to OC's figures will cost $5 billion. You literally could not make this up.

0ctavian

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:54:44 PM

These people are literally crazy.

Indeed. This is really getting ridiculous.

Here is a video from an event in London 2 weeks ago, with a room full of ppl cheering for this fkn stupid scam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqZCjUx1UI
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:44:08 PM

OneCoin is totally a scam MLM company..  Due to most of the member of this company are very expert to scam somebody,  Imagined they said they're the only one company  who can directly mined Bitcoin,  aside from that they deceived there member,  why? its because they often said that onecoin that the can trade their coin anytime its already in the exchange of crytocurrency. how it will happen the members of them don't have any wallet....my goodness!! Angry
eiermann

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:49:36 AM

OK so I know that OneCoin is a scam.
I'm neither invested nor have the intention to invest in it.

But what would happen if the OneCoin Team does the following:

I read that they have around 2 million active users who (right now) earn money with it.
They will continue to approach new members until the whole system collapses.

So let's say they would develop a real blockchain with all the attributes they say OneCoin has.
They should be able to employ good people who are able to do that with that kind of money they earned until now.

Afterwards they release this new coin to it's members with real wallets, get real miners into it etc.
As it is a real alt-coin then, they'll be also allowed on the big exchanges.

This would catapult them right after bitcoin (marketcapitalization wise if you believe xcoinx.com).

As they would have more than 2 million active users until then, they "just" need to make sure that OneCoin is accepted in shops, etc like bitcoin is.

Is this possible or is there something wrong with this thought?
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:53:20 AM

I read that they have around 2 million active users who (right now) earn money with it.

So let's say they would develop a real blockchain with all the attributes they say OneCoin has.
They should be able to employ good people who are able to do that with that kind of money they earned until now.

Afterwards they release this new coin to it's members with real wallets, get real miners into it etc.

This would catapult them right after bitcoin (marketcapitalization wise if you believe xcoinx.com).

As they would have more than 2 million active users until then, they "just" need to make sure that OneCoin is accepted in shops, etc like bitcoin is.

i don't know if you are also part of their team making this argument to attract members here, keep saying they have 2 million active members
only imply that the positve income can be generated after some newbie here been hooked with your opinion getting their interest and possible to join, don;t think this coin can established more compare to btc.
eiermann

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:05:36 AM

i don't know if you are also part of their team making this argument to attract members here, keep saying they have 2 million active members
only imply that the positve income can be generated after some newbie here been hooked with your opinion getting their interest and possible to join, don;t think this coin can established more compare to btc.

nope, neither an investor, nor a part of their team. just wanted to know if it would be possible theoretically.
and i hope no one is gonna invest because of what i said. still, i want to discuss the possibility.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:10:39 AM

Better to discuss the possibility of nuking Onecoin from orbit.  Angry
I've seen some very sketchy shit in and around crypto, but this is on another level: nothing more than a MLM scam pretending to be a crypto-currency.

Every person who loses their investment money to OneCoin is one less person who will trust and use real crypto/blockchain.
Even if the marketing doesn't make you puke,  OneCoin is a direct threat to the success of Bitcoin, Nxt and all genuine crypto.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
eiermann

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:49:39 AM

Better to discuss the possibility of nuking Onecoin from orbit.  Angry
I've seen some very sketchy shit in and around crypto, but this is on another level: nothing more than a MLM scam pretending to be a crypto-currency.

Every person who loses their investment money to OneCoin is one less person who will trust and use real crypto/blockchain.
Even if the marketing doesn't make you puke,  OneCoin is a direct threat to the success of Bitcoin, Nxt and all genuine crypto.
Agreed!
But how can you explain someone who has nothing to do with Cryptos that this Coin is bullshit?
Most of them don't even get the concept of Cryptocurrencies and are just in for fast money making.
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Look at these fucking sleazebags, they wouldn't know a blockchain if it bit them on the ass.

I see there's some pushback going on with people actually attending these "events" and asking relevant questions without getting much of an answer.

TAKE DIRECT ACTION AGAINST THIS SCAM, and have a bit of fun too.

An example from Australia http://behindmlm.com/companies/onecoin/onecoin-recruitment-gig-in-australia-disrupted-awkward/
And Florida https://news.bitcoin.com/onecoin-crashed-bitcoin-uncensored/
And Bob Summerwill is promising to do the same in Vancouver. https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4vgh3n/onecoinscam_links_in_comments_on_ethereum_blog/

Go along to one near you and ask them about the new "blockchain", what a "split" is, how many merchants they've got, and ARE YOU REALLY THAT FUCKING STUPID?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: