Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alwaysmining - Selling Bitcoins for UK Bank Transfer [In Stock]  (Read 9461 times)
Exile

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:11:59 PM

Still no reply from seller despite being online several times. Confirmed with my bank that the funds have reached him.

For now I'm advising that nobody trades with this guy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitterLemons

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:26:54 PM

Also waiting on 11 BTC. And wow, some people have been waiting five days?
cheesemunger

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 04:33:54 PM

I've also been waiting for 10BTC for around ~30 hours.
5 days really does seem ridiculous.
Exile

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 04:37:48 PM

He's stopped replying to everyone I think it's obvious what this is now.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 04:56:44 PM

he's online now - hopefully sorting out his end - wish i wasn't such an impatient fellow. not much we can do if it's a third party slowness causing issues.

I sent him GBP using online banking on a Saturday.  The banking site told me the money would get to him on Monday (today) but a few minutes later he messaged me saying he had sent the BTC already.  He was even able to provide the txid of the payment.  5 hours later, the transaction hit the network, and my wallet.

What I don't understand is why MtGox was able to give him the txid, but didn't broadcast the transaction until 5 hours later.  It can't be that they didn't have the BTC on hand, because the txid can't be created until you have the coins available for sending.  When the coins did eventually arrive, the txid was the same as the one AM had told me 5 hours previously.

Weird.

He was always pretty quick in responding to PMs for me though.

Edit: the last I heard from AM was in reply to a message of mine saying I had rated him on bitcoin-otc and asking him to rate me back:

Thank you, sorry for the delay. I am going to start using my personal wallet as Gox have been so slow recently as have natwest.
I will rate you as soon as I am home.

Suggests he's able to read the forums, but isn't "home".  That may explain the delays.

Edit2: He hasn't rated me back yet.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
simmja

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:13:14 PM

i use natwest my online isnt slow however ..alwaysmining online is slow because he is sun bathing with our money
anaalius

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:31:56 PM

I have not had any reply to messages today... hope to get one soon.
Exile

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:05:05 PM

Received no messages from him today but he has been online. Have PM'd again.
pollen

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:09:14 PM

I'd be cautious at the moment. I don't like to dirty the reputation of what appears to be a reputable guy but several people are already waiting for Alwaysmining to send BTC. I'd fully recommend you hold off the moment.

Thanks. Looks odd. Hope it's just a blip for those waiting. Shame there are so few places to get BTC in UK for reasonable value. Maybe I'll need to find some time to go the OTC route.
Exile

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:11:19 PM

I'd be cautious at the moment. I don't like to dirty the reputation of what appears to be a reputable guy but several people are already waiting for Alwaysmining to send BTC. I'd fully recommend you hold off the moment.

Thanks. Looks odd. Hope it's just a blip for those waiting. Shame there are so few places to get BTC in UK for reasonable value. Maybe I'll need to find some time to go the OTC route.

Bitcoin.info offer a really nice service. Go check them out. They're a bit more expensive (approx £0.50 per coin) than this seller but I'm uncertain this seller can be trusted with so many people complaining about not receiving funds.
anaalius

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:42:31 PM

I don't want to jump the gun, but it is looking a little odd. still waiting for my 20 btc.
Exile

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:49:02 PM

Don't worry you're not jumping the gun at all. Several of us haven't been paid now and have had our PM's ignored whilst the seller has been active on the website.
anaalius

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:53:33 PM

Hmm, whats the next course of action now? Wait or ?
Exile

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:14:17 PM

Hmm, whats the next course of action now? Wait or ?

I will be making a thread on the 'Scammers' section during my lunch break tomorrow describing these events and I'd invite anyone else affected to also post there. I will also be looking down all possible legal avenues in order to reclaim my funds and I will be happy to share with anybody the steps needed to do that.

I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that though and that this is one big misunderstanding.  Smiley
pollen

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:34:50 PM

Hope it's not what it appears to be.  Undecided

Bitcoin.info offer a really nice service. Go check them out. They're a bit more expensive (approx £0.50 per coin) than this seller but I'm uncertain this seller can be trusted with so many people complaining about not receiving funds.
Do you mean blockchain.info?
Exile

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:39:19 PM

Hope it's not what it appears to be.  Undecided

Do you mean blockchain.info?

Yeah sorry I meant blockchain.info. My bad  Grin
pollen

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:52:22 PM

All good. Looks like they take PingIt. And elsewhere on the forum it was suggested bank transfer will be back in the next day or so.
gazwel

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:14:06 AM

Only problem with blockchain is they have been running out a lot lately, right now the deposit limit is only a tenner Sad
bombasticbitcoin

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:25:28 AM

I'd be very surprised if this guy was a scammer - I've done some decent trades with him and had no problems.  I hope it all comes good for those waiting coins.
anaalius

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:36:18 AM

I hope you are right bombasticbitcoin, Im pretty new to buying btc but Its been over 48 hours with out any communication in it seems. I just hope it all get sorted out soon and that everything is ok on alwaysminings end.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: