Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit is Closing??  (Read 22532 times)
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:49:06 PM

Well, shit. Sad Tosaki: Are you pursuing other options, or is this, like, final?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tosaki

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:52:44 PM

Now it is up 4 sale: https://www.bitmit.net/en/trade/i/8175-bitmit-net

Well, shit. Sad Tosaki: Are you pursuing other options, or is this, like, final?

I would also accept a sale option whereby I get shares of the future Bitmit company and continue with development etc.This may be the best option for all of us.
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 09:55:27 PM

just sucks ! Sad

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 09:58:34 PM

Sorry mate  Sad

I hope it continues under new ownership.

allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 10:03:10 PM

Sorry mate  Sad

I hope it continues under new ownership.

Definitely looks like there is a lot of interest based on all the bids so far. This is a good sign.

SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 10:17:02 PM

Bitmit is part of my life. I'm logged-in there every morning/day/night. Sales through Bitmit are around 80% of all my sales of my Steam games. I think someone will buy it and all will be fine... must be fine! Bitmit have amazing BTCIG potenetial. I just wanna thanks for admin for his amazing friendly support. But I guess, we'll meet all together on Bitmit new edition. :-)

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:22:28 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2012, 02:27:32 AM by elux

Definitely looks like there is a lot of interest based on all the bids so far. This is a good sign.

Well, at the moment I seem to have the highest bid at 100 BTC. (Which is ludicrously low, all things considered.)

Bitmit is The Bitcoin marketplace. At least this side of the law.
Bitmit shall not, must not, will not be allowed to die. Or have we lost all faith in this project already?

Gentlemen, I believe this is the part in which we rise to the occasion.
allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 10:45:42 PM

Well, at the moment I seem to have the highest bid at 100 BTC. (Which is ludicrously low, all things considered.)

Bitmit is The Bitcoin marketplace. At least this side of the law.  Wink
Bitmit shall not, must not, will not be allowed to die. Or have we lost all faith in this project already?

Gentlemen, I believe this is the part in which we rise to the occasion.

Love it. Very well said. I agree bitmit is a vital project. I am doing my part to add to the bitcoin marketplace with All Things Luxury, but my site is more of a niche for jewelry and gifts. Bitmit IS the ebay of bitcoin. A stable trading post I believe is a must for everyday users.

Really happy that so many people are willing to step up and take over the project.

allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 10:46:53 PM

Bitmit is part of my life. I'm logged-in there every morning/day/night. Sales through Bitmit are around 80% of all my sales of my Steam games. I think someone will buy it and all will be fine... must be fine! Bitmit have amazing BTCIG potenetial. I just wanna thanks for admin for his amazing friendly support. But I guess, we'll meet all together on Bitmit new edition. :-)

I noticed you on there. You do a large amount of successful sales through bitmit. Heres to hoping it stays up.

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 11:03:46 PM

Bitmit's address:

Flat B20/F, Infotech Center No.21 Hung To Road Kwun Tong, Kowloon Hong Kong
https://www.bitmit.net/en/info/contact

Law and jurisdiction
These terms of service will be governed by and construed in accordance with Hong Kong law, and any disputes relating to these terms of service will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
https://www.bitmit.net/en/tos/
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 11:07:03 PM

I agree it's a huge discount over what tosaki and all the users who have done listings have put into the site. If I weren't running CoinDL, I'd bid more but it's early yet...the auction's been up for <2 hours?
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 11:24:20 PM

overbid you. very leet bid btw  Wink

edit btw: did anyone notice its with escrow? i mean, how is that gonna work?  deadlock anyone?Grin
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 11:31:57 PM

I agree it's a huge discount over what tosaki and all the users who have done listings have put into the site. If I weren't running CoinDL, I'd bid more but it's early yet...the auction's been up for <2 hours?

GoGo weex !

Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 11:43:29 PM

Let this be a lesson to everybody:

If you're going to start a new Bitcoin business, do it on Tor and keep your identity anonymous. Governments all around the world are in the process of locking down the internet. Don't start a huge business on the clearnet, which will just come under attack once it starts to get successful.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:04:49 AM

Let this be a lesson to everybody:

If you're going to start a new Bitcoin business, do it on Tor and keep your identity anonymous. Governments all around the world are in the process of locking down the internet. Don't start a huge business on the clearnet, which will just come under attack once it starts to get successful.

I agree this would be a good idea, considering the closing of GLBSE, etc.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Bitco

Activity: 746
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:07:38 AM

Hosting a for-sale site is probably okay, but an escrow service that is holding other people's money could give rise to legal liability in a number of countries.

I hope the potential buyers consider this carefully, and discuss it with legal counsel.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 12:18:06 AM

Hosting a for-sale site is probably okay, but an escrow service that is holding other people's money could give rise to legal liability in a number of countries.

I hope the potential buyers consider this carefully, and discuss it with legal counsel.

Forget legal council. Laws change on a whim if you haven't noticed. Voluntary trade is under attack. We need to quit asking for permission to do business. We can do that on Tor.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 01:17:31 AM

I wish I had more to contribute, but I just want to chip in another voice saying that Bitmit is invaluable to the Bitcoin community and I hope a good businessperson takes over.

I'd buy stock in it if glbse was still running. . .

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 01:30:27 AM

Forget legal council. Laws change on a whim if you haven't noticed. Voluntary trade is under attack. We need to quit asking for permission to do business. We can do that on Tor.
I think Tormail is a good example to follow. They have their main servers hidden somewhere, and the public-facing website at tormail.org is a vps that's running nothing more than a Tor node and a copy of socat.
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 01:35:43 AM

I think Tormail is a good example to follow. They have their main servers hidden somewhere, and the public-facing website at tormail.org is a vps that's running nothing more than a Tor node and a copy of socat.

+1. This is also now basically the architecture that The Pirate Bay uses:

"All communication with users goes through TPB's load balancer, which is a disk-less server with all the configuration in RAM. The load balancer is not in the same country as the transit-router or the cloud servers," The Pirate Bay told us.

"The communication between the load balancer and the virtual servers is encrypted. So even if a cloud provider found out they're running TPB, they can't look at the content of user traffic or user's IP-addresses.” [...]

The worst case scenario is that The Pirate Bay loses both its transit router and its load balancer. All the important data is backed up externally on VMs that can be re-installed at cloud hosting providers anywhere in the world.

"If the police decide to raid us again there are no servers to take, just a transit router. If they follow the trail to the next country and find the load balancer, there is just a disk-less server there. In case they find out where the cloud provider is, all they can get are encrypted disk-images," The Pirate Bay says.

"They have to be quick about it too, if the servers have been out of communication with the load balancer for 8 hours they automatically shut down. When the servers are booted up, access is only granted to those who have the encryption password," they add.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: