Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:55:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The prisoner's dilemma of altcoin development: It's time to join forces.  (Read 843 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:34:16 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 06:56:07 AM by americanpegasus

There is so much talent in the crypto community, and I remember back to the "glory days" of the altcoin scene in 2013 when it seemed like altcoins were popping like popcorn.  No one was sure what would stick and what wouldn't, so everyone threw everything at the wall.  Dogecoin had the best chance of sticking, but even it slowly slid to the floor (along with the rest).  

Now here we are in 2015.  

It takes an undeniable amount of effort to launch and run a major cryptocurrency.  The amount of effort that has gone into Shadowcash is impressive.  The amount of *ahem* effort that has gone into Dash is also... significant.  Many others that deserve recognition too (even if in branding and community), so forgive me if I didn't mention you.  

But the time has come to stop the petty altcoin wars.  

The time has come to STOP taking the "small reward" at the expense of clogging up the internet with more useless crypto.  The small reward is nothing... what is few hundreds of thousands of dollars in the big scheme of things?  Nothing.  

The BIG REWARD is staring us right in the face, but guess what?  Just like the famous prisoner's dilemma we are going to have to cooperate to get it.  What is this big reward?  Cryptonote, and specifically Monero development.  The writing is on the wall folks: this is going to be the next major cryptocurrency and we are only prolonging our misery by working on separate & unrelated projects.  

Put down your altcoins and clones.  

The time has come to join forces and contribute to one, true, lasting project.  ALL talents are needed, from core developers to community managers to graphic designers to financial experts.  Everyone has a part to play, just like with the original bitcoin.  It might take us forsaking the use/abuse of our talent to gain that next $50,000 from unsuspecting 'investors' but we must make that small sacrifice so we can all share in the big reward that is coming.  

Because fuck fifty thousand dollars.  If you do this with us, and you get involved in Monero now, that's it.  That's the last time you will ever need money.  Because what we will create will laugh as it soars past a paltry trillion dollar market cap.  

I see an entire message board filled with some of the sharpest intelligence that humanity has to offer.  We are men and women that possess abilities that others could only dream of!  And what do we waste it on?  SpongeBobCoin?  WeedTokens?  NO MORE.  

We have the next generation of cryptocurrency and it isn't vaporware to be launched "one day".  It's here now and poised to consume not just the entire crypto market (and leave the bitcoin 'faithful' wondering wtf just happened) but it will continue eating and consuming value until it represents a share of stock in the entirety of human endeavor.  All of the dinosaur money the world uses now is valued at about $80 trillion, but once Monero really gets underway?  The productivity and potential of humanity will soar right past $80 trillion in today's dollars - we are talking a market cap measured in the quadrillions.  

Right now.  

Here.  

The future of all money.  

And fuck merely owning it.  You can help build it.  You can be the equivalent of one of the founding fathers of modern finance.  

So do NOT waste any more of your talent and hard work launching the next forgettable shitcoin and don't waste your incredible abilities on a project that might be worthy, but doesn't have true long term potential.  Join us and let's not just overtake bitcoin.  

Let's create the new standard for all money on Earth.  

I believe in you guys.  I know you'll make the right decision.  Let's make history together.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:43:25 PM

Nice ideas / sentiments / thoughts...... wrong coin Smiley

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:45:14 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:25:48 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:37:29 PM

It reminded me about the Idris Elba speech on Pacific Rim "Today we are cancelling the apocalypse!". Other than that I own some bucks in Monero, and currently two other altcoins besides a very small amount of Bitcoin.

Can you please really explain to me, an average person, a tech savvy designer with absolutely not technical knowledge what's the benefit of Monero? I as an average guy don't care at all about privacy or anonymous data, it's all out there and there's no new world order and if there is it will shutdown Bitcoin in a second. Plus, I've never encountered any problem with digital fiat money, credit cards or Paypal or even banks, they never robbed me, that's all I care.

Anyway, tell me how my parents, my girlfriend or my children will use it instead of the already "established" Bitcoin? I don't care about tech aspects, we all know there are plenty of superior products and services out there but instead we live in a world ruled by big companies, countries and monopolies. It's how it is. I'm not being ironic or rethorical, I really want to understand what's the purpose of all these altcoins that Bitcoin cannot do for the average person. Thank you and sorry for the long post.
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:46:19 PM

Indeed lets end the altcoin wars.  Stop developing your silly proof of work coin and come make something for Bitshares.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:37:14 AM

Nice ideas / sentiments / thoughts...... wrong coin Smiley

+1

But I guess that's the dilemma?

Cry

bingo

Which coin to rally around?

but here's a clue ... what do LTC, Doge, Dot, FTC, POP, UNO all have in common?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 04:13:26 AM

NEM has some really amazing development going on with the core code with four talented main devs working on it daily. 

But NEM does need a really good UI and/or UX guy to work on the wallet. 

NEM also has very easy to use JSON API's with a lot of features to support different kinds of transactions types (NEM is a blockchain platform, not a coin), for third party devs to build apps on. 

If you are looking for a blockchain to work on, please send me a message. 

And here is the Github https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement

And here is some API documentation http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/ and https://www.krakenlabs.org/NCC/

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:32:49 AM

maybe thought it was a serious thread til see just another monero shill thread  Roll Eyes
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:12:51 AM

There is so much talent in the crypto community, and I remember back to the "glory days" of the altcoin scene in 2013 when it seemed like altcoins were popping like popcorn.  No one was sure what would stick and what wouldn't, so everyone threw everything at the wall.  Dogecoin had the best chance of sticking, but even it slowly slid to the floor (along with the rest).  

Now here we are in 2015.  

It takes an undeniable amount of effort to launch and run a major cryptocurrency.  The amount of effort that has gone into Shadowcash is impressive.  The amount of *ahem* effort that has gone into Dash is also... significant.  Many others that deserve recognition too (even if in branding and community), so forgive me if I didn't mention you.  

But the time has come to stop the petty altcoin wars.  

The time has come to STOP taking the "small reward" at the expense of clogging up the internet with more useless crypto.  The small reward is nothing... what is few hundreds of thousands of dollars in the big scheme of things?  Nothing.  

The BIG REWARD is staring us right in the face, but guess what?  Just like the famous prisoner's dilemma we are going to have to cooperate to get it.  What is this big reward?  Cryptonote, and specifically Monero development.  The writing is on the wall folks: this is going to be the next major cryptocurrency and we are only prolonging our misery by working on separate & unrelated projects.  

Put down your altcoins and clones.  

The time has come to join forces and contribute to one, true, lasting project.  ALL talents are needed, from core developers to community managers to graphic designers to financial experts.  Everyone has a part to play, just like with the original bitcoin.  It might take us forsaking the use/abuse of our talent to gain that next $50,000 from unsuspecting 'investors' but we must make that small sacrifice so we can all share in the big reward that is coming.  

Because fuck fifty thousand dollars.  If you do this with us, and you get involved in Monero now, that's it.  That's the last time you will ever need money.  Because what we will create will laugh as it soars past a paltry trillion dollar market cap.  

I see an entire message board filled with some of the sharpest intelligence that humanity has to offer.  We are men and women that possess abilities that others could only dream of!  And what do we waste it on?  SpongeBobCoin?  WeedTokens?  NO MORE.  

We have the next generation of cryptocurrency and it isn't vaporware to be launched "one day".  It's here now and poised to consume not just the entire crypto market (and leave the bitcoin 'faithful' wondering wtf just happened) but it will continue eating and consuming value until it represents a share of stock in the entirety of human endeavor.  All of the dinosaur money the world uses now is valued at about $80 trillion, but once Monero really gets underway?  The productivity and potential of humanity will soar right past $80 trillion in today's dollars - we are talking a market cap measured in the quadrillions.  

Right now.  

Here.  

The future of all money.  

And fuck merely owning it.  You can help build it.  You can be the equivalent of one of the founding fathers of modern finance.  

So do NOT waste any more of your talent and hard work launching the next forgettable shitcoin and don't waste your incredible abilities on a project that might be worthy, but doesn't have true long term potential.  Join us and let's not just overtake bitcoin.  

Let's create the new standard for all money on Earth.  

I believe in you guys.  I know you'll make the right decision.  Let's make history together.

Uhhhh..  No.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:18:58 AM

if someone wants to join: monero is hiring and as a history of paying talents...

just check out: https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:26:30 AM

When I was a kid there was a saying between kids, * He hit's me then he cried and then he runs before me to the principle to say I hit him*!

Besides, what Monero offers beside drama and paid trolls?...Developers can't do crap but Fud other coins like maniacs and run a gambling site with an online game and take profits from it........AND don't 4get the unfair launch with the crippled miner that you're developers seems to keep saying it wasn't us we are a new group of talented Crypto coders who can Cry*p*to about it into forums like kids.  Cry

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:08:06 AM

sigh another Monero shill thread.....I know desperation is setting in, your money is going down the drain as we speak...

Just to give you a heads up, being anonymous is NOT the only aspect which will make or break a crypto currency. Monero tries to check that box (albeit with alot of bloat and complex command lines)...it fails miserably everywhere else. Including probably the most toxic and shameful community there is in crypto.

Monero will NEVER be a top 5 currency...the sooner Monero shills learn that, the sooner these shitty desperation threads will end.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: