Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GARY JOHNSON RECEIVES >$1 MILLION FOR 2012 CAMPAIGN - ~2BTC donated here  (Read 2867 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 06:32:58 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 06:38:58 PM by 420

If anyone hasn't donated because they can't do in bitcoins

I propose to take your donations bitcoins to ME

When i have extra cash equivalent I donate to Gary Johnson

I will donate an ADDITION 10% of my own money to Johnson for each donation I'm getting through this

http://garyjohnson2012.com

Why trust me:

I just sold a working mining rig allowing my payment to be in escrow (over $1,000)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115621.msg1282243#msg1282243

I made a $200 loan I paid back in the specified time
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118536.msg1284764#msg1284764

If you're ready; New Donate address:
18gz9b1d7AbXZnafH6Jx5mzpX2EJoG87ss

TOTAL GIFTS I'VE RECEIVED:
0.5BTC @ 11.70/BTC
0.25BTC @ 11.64/BTC
1BTC @ 10.60/BTC
TOTAL: 1.75 donated to Gary by 11-6-12

Gary has received $1,063,698.61 raised from 12770 donors  as of 10:38PM pacific 11-6-12

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 11:22:37 PM

I propose to take your bitcoins and donate the cash equivalent at the time you send me the bitcoins

to be legal, you probably still need to record each contributor's name, street address and possibly occupation / employer, as square does here: https://squareup.com/help/en-us/article/5017-political-fundraising
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 11:31:35 PM

Wouldn't Bitcoin donations help bypass the restrictions on foreign donors? Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:41:55 AM

Wouldn't Bitcoin donations help bypass the restrictions on foreign donors? Smiley

Nope, because no US campaign can accept anonymous donations.  Even cash at the door donations require that the donor be willing to supply the campaign with identifying information for their records.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 03:27:37 PM

Nope, because no US campaign can accept anonymous donations.  Even cash at the door donations require that the donor be willing to supply the campaign with identifying information for their records.

Yes, there's some sense in this law. ISTR in the UK you can make anonymous donations to political parties if the amount is less than GBP 5.000 (but IANAL so don't quote me on this).

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:29:09 PM

donate to me

i like to donate to gary johnson on my own

get it?

You can legally give me gifts

I can legally donate to Gary Johnson

Nothing illegal. And Bitcoin's legality is questionable itself. Are people scared in this thread?

Are you revolutionaries or cowards

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:56:37 PM

Nah that's ok.

Gary has a serious marketing issue. He's the poster child for fiscal conservatives pretending to be libertarian, although he's at least honest about not being a libertarian. He missed the republican nomination and shouldn't run at all (if he's ethical) because any votes he takes from romney lends to obama getting a second term.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:17:40 PM

Nah that's ok.

Gary has a serious marketing issue. He's the poster child for fiscal conservatives pretending to be libertarian, although he's at least honest about not being a libertarian. He missed the republican nomination and shouldn't run at all (if he's ethical) because any votes he takes from romney lends to obama getting a second term.

Yep, anyone who vote Gary Johnson is a fucking idiot, you think you are voting for Gary Johnson, when in reality you are actually voting for Obama.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:45:57 PM

Yeah, GJ is Obama. *facepalm*

Romney is Obama. Their policies are almost identical and both are bought out by Goldman Sachs.

GJ is such a neocon who wants to cut military expenditure by 43% and legalize weed. Right. (I know, in practice, if any President with libertarian leanings were elected, there's a fair chance he would be either impeached or assassinated within the first two years of office, or Congress full of crookèd Reps and Dems wouldn't rubber stamp the President's plans.)

Topazan

Activity: 354

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:02:21 PM

Nah that's ok.

Yep, anyone who vote Gary Johnson is a fucking idiot, you think you are voting for Gary Johnson, when in reality you are actually voting for Obama.
Exactly the reason why we need to change from the first-past-the-post vote system.  We really need more agitation for approval voting.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:08:26 PM

instant runoff voting would kickass

third party debate tonight:

http://action.freeandequal.org/debate-rsvp/

grantbdev

Activity: 292

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:39:34 PM

Nah that's ok.

Nope. Anyone voting for Gary Johnson is helping him get the 5% of the popular vote he needs for federal matching funds and ballot access (and potentially debate access) that will change future races forever. And Gary Johnson takes an equal amount of votes from potential Obama voters as well.

I don't see how you think Gary Johnson is a pretend libertarian, name one issue. If anything, he is more libertarian than Ron Paul on abortion, and his stance on legalizing all drugs even makes some "self-proclaimed libertarians" cringe.

Don't use BIPS!
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:32:33 AM

Nah that's ok.

Nope. Anyone voting for Gary Johnson is helping him get the 5% of the popular vote he needs for federal matching funds and ballot access (and potentially debate access) that will change future races forever. And Gary Johnson takes an equal amount of votes from potential Obama voters as well.

I don't see how you think Gary Johnson is a pretend libertarian, name one issue. If anything, he is more libertarian than Ron Paul on abortion, and his stance on legalizing all drugs even makes some "self-proclaimed libertarians" cringe.

Majority of Libertarian would vote Romney if Gary Johnson didn't run.

420 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:33:02 AM

Nah that's ok.

Majority of Libertarian would vote Romney if Gary Johnson didn't run.

No

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:34:59 AM

Romney is Obama. Their policies are almost identical and both are bought out by Goldman Sachs.

GJ is such a neocon who wants to cut military expenditure by 43% and legalize weed. Right. (I know, in practice, if any President with libertarian leanings were elected, there's a fair chance he would be either impeached or assassinated within the first two years of office, or Congress full of crookèd Reps and Dems wouldn't rubber stamp the President's plans.)

No, that's not true, I know Romney's position very well on the issues I care about, and many of them differ greatly from Obama. I doubt Romney can be easily "bought" since he's pretty rich already.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 02:52:25 AM

No, that's not true, I know Romney's position very well on the issues I care about, and many of them differ greatly from Obama. I doubt Romney can be easily "bought" since he's pretty rich already.
Oh yeah... big difference, here:

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Topazan

Activity: 354

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 03:44:23 AM

The choice the two parties offer is an illusion.  They are two sides to the same coin.  They really have things worked out well.  All the anger and frustration that would be correctly directed toward the system is directed to one head, then the other head becomes popular because it appears to fight the other.

By the way, kokojie, I'm probably going to vote for Johnson on principle, but if I was forced to vote for a major party member, it would probably be Obama.  So, there's that.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:53:37 AM

Oh yeah... big difference, here:

Ron Paul was not included, why?

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 01:24:20 PM

Ron Paul was not included, why?

I don't know, I didn't compile that graph. When I've seen him on there, though, he's a little north and to the left of Johnson. Not by much on either, but more north than left.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 07:17:18 PM

When I do those political-compass surveys I'm roughly where Rocky Anderson is, maybe a fraction lower and to the left. But of US presidential wannabes I've found Ron Paul and Gary Johnson the most appealing/least unappealing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: