Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainstorming Session: Bitcoin Course Ideas  (Read 595 times)
Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:43:04 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 01:09:45 AM by Paleus

What would you want to see in an 'Economics of Bitcoin' course?

In conjunction with www.diginomics.com, we are putting together a lengthy Economics of Bitcoin course and I thought to reach out to the community here to expand on, and brainstorm some new, ideas to put together for course topics. In order to serve a specific target market, we deliberately excluded anything which was focused deeply on the mining aspect of cryptocurrency and instead am focusing on what an investment manager, economics researcher, entrepreneur in the bitcoin space would be interested in.

Bitcoin mining and cryptocurrency development may come in the form of later courses, but for now we want to be very specific around the investment potential of the bitcoin payment system.

Below, we've listed an array of topics we are considering for the course. If you have any ideas or requests for course topics, reply in this thread. If you are interested in being notified when this course is released, enter your email on this page.

That makes up the list we hammered out today. We'd be grateful for some feedback and interested to collaborate with any writers, content creators, or affiliates who are interested in making this course as helpful and accessible to the bitcoin community at large and also people in finance/economics/banking industries who are interested in bitcoin but simply do not know where to turn for solid information.

Thanks for reading and see you on the moon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:47:06 AM

I think that a basic course should answer the basic questions

What is it?
Who Created it? / Who can use it?
Where can I use it?
How can I use? ( the most important,teaching how to use bitcoin easily)
Why should I use it? ( showing the good points of bitcoin)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:04:59 AM

I think that it should be important to note the fungibility issue of bitcoin, since that seems to be a pretty popular topic of what's going on today in terms of the cryptocurrency vs. cryptonote aspect of things.  I think it would definitely be an important lesson to teach and important for the people who are taking the class to learn these issues in full.

Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:09:14 AM

I think that it should be important to note the fungibility issue of bitcoin, since that seems to be a pretty popular topic of what's going on today in terms of the cryptocurrency vs. cryptonote aspect of things.  I think it would definitely be an important lesson to teach and important for the people who are taking the class to learn these issues in full.

Good call. Bitcoin violates the principle of money fungibility.

I've added it to the list.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:19:56 AM

Good call. Bitcoin violates the principle of money fungibility.

I've added it to the list.

I'm curious to learn how Bitcoin violates the principle of money fungibility.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:27:02 AM

There have been good points as to why it does violate fungibility and doesn't violate fungibility by several people in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1190707.0

I'm sure you've seen it floating on top of the discussions going on today... but it's an interesting topic, nevertheless.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:37:23 AM

There have been good points as to why it does violate fungibility and doesn't violate fungibility by several people in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1190707.0

I'm sure you've seen it floating on top of the discussions going on today... but it's an interesting topic, nevertheless.

Yes. I'm aware of the fungibility issues that are being discussed. But I think the 'principle' of fungibility has not been violated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: