Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's KILLER app  (Read 2289 times)
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:36:53 PM

The killer app will be a card device which displays the bitcoin balance and will send or receive bitcoins for you without all the fuss of addresses and fees. Paying for something is just tap and verify.
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:36:15 PM

What is your vision of this killer app?

The killer app would probably be a micro chip in your hand, after a lot of propaganda of people getting mugged for there bitcoin. And will allow institutions to shut it off automatically if anything happens.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:36:03 AM

This one seems to be quite close to a killer app

ERNIT - The Piggy Bank for digital money
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/187482891/ernittm-the-smart-piggy-bank

IMO, it should work exclusively with bitcoin to demonstrate the full potential of bitcoin saving. It should have an easier to read status light similar to battery charging indicator and also the corresponding fiat value indicator, so that child can learn about currency exchange from the beginning  Smiley

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:09:48 AM

Ernit looks awesome, it may seem like something just cute but these children are the ones that will demand digital currency and easiness of use in just 3 or 4 years when they enter their teens. I always thought that Bitcoin had a shot of going mainstream via small payments for apps, movies, books and similar. One doesn't really need to associate a credit card with so many sites and services.

As many of others said, I think the companies themselves are the ones that will adopt Bitcoin or not, it doesn't boil down to just an app. There are plenty of chat apps that let you send digital currency, but it will be only when Whatsapp or Skype start using it that it will be truly adopted by the masses.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:46:00 AM

The Bitcoin killer app in more pictures :

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:23:20 AM

I think that earnit is more of a joke. Piggybanks always had an appeal to be phisical items where you store small amounjts of money like change. Why create such a thing for electronic transactions? The fees involved and the required trust in the third party that has to come in to store them e-money completely negates the concept of a piggybank for me.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:39:51 PM

Ok, but it's definitely a great way for these new generations to embrace digital currency and think with that mindset. Remember that in 5 years these little boys and girls will demand the same service and experience. Now, I don't think every child will have this piggybot by their bedside table, maybe they sell 10-20k units at most, but it's a nice idea to get new generations involved.

The other demographic is women, if women actually prefer paying with Bitcoin instead of credit cards, then digital currency will be mainstream, possibly surpassing the US dollar. The problem is that Bitcoin is almost a complete opposite! Scanning barcodes? Addresses with 50 characters when we have emails address since the 90s? No refunding?

Honestly no woman or non-tech savvy person will adopt anything like that anytime soon.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:12:14 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 01:43:38 AM by johnyj

I think that earnit is more of a joke. Piggybanks always had an appeal to be phisical items where you store small amounjts of money like change. Why create such a thing for electronic transactions? The fees involved and the required trust in the third party that has to come in to store them e-money completely negates the concept of a piggybank for me.

The behavior of small children are changing due to the mass adoption of tablets and smart phones, now even 3 year old is playing around with a tablet all the time. They grow up in a digital world so it is natural to use digital money, just like in any game

A bitcoin hardwallet should be the right equipment for this kind of piggybank, it works exactly like a piggybank, your bitcoin only exists in this hardwallet. But if many children start to use it, the transaction capacity should be a concern, so only large saving is practical due to fee (But it is easier to understand fee instead of inflation)

Following the same thought, you can have a piggybank for pensioners, where they buy 1 bitcoin each month for their retirement saving account, and the return of that piggybank will be 16% per year guaranteed. With a good fund manager, the return can even reach 30% per year, so that early retirement is achievable at ease. The fund should be accessed by multi-sig to reduce the risk

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:53:06 AM

The behavior of small children are changing due to the mass adoption of tablets and smart phones, now even 3 year old is playing around with a tablet all the time. They grow up in a digital world so it is natural to use digital money, just like in any game

A bitcoin hardwallet should be the right equipment for this kind of piggybank, it works exactly like a piggybank, your bitcoin only exists in this hardwallet. But if many children start to use it, the transaction capacity should be a concern, so only large saving is practical due to fee (But it is easier to understand fee instead of inflation)

Following the same thought, you can have a piggybank for pensioners, where they buy 1 bitcoin each month for their retirement saving account, and the return of that piggybank will be 16% per year guaranteed. With a good fund manager, the return can even reach 30% per year, so that early retirement is achievable at ease. The fund should be accessed by multi-sig to reduce the risk

Pensions tied together with a brand new, way ahaed of its time crytpocurrency. I'm a strong advocate of crypto, but putting pensions in a coin that may or may not be overtaken by a technological superiour blockchain, doesnt seem like a good idea to me. Offcourse its also possible that it will reach 1000 or maybe even 50.000 euro's/dollars, the exact opposite is also a strong possibility.

Bitcoin and the blockchaintechnology is still in a much to juvenile state, it must first grow up and evolve...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: